Reckless Racing 2 - Review

Guest Reesters

Guest Reesters

Polarbit officially released Reckless Racing 2 yesterday on the Android Market (2nd February), and I have been lucky enough to have the demo version for a week now.

Unfortunately I review games on Sony Ericsson's Xperia PLAY, and whilst the game promised to be Xperia PLAY optimised, the controls bugged out completely and the game was a total malfunctioning mess. Emails were exchanged, and finally, last night I was told the control issues had been addressed and I could finally get to grips with the most anticipated sequel in mobile gaming history.

I have to admit that I did prefer Reckless Getaway to the original Reckless Racing. I adored the absolute arcade feel to the game, the flawless controls, stunning graphics and vehicle physics with super slick race tracks. All the aforementioned have been transferred, and-then-some to Reckless Racing 2 with superb results.

From the offset with the familiar loading screen, graphics are crisp and bright through to the UI which is easy navigated. The options available here are race choice, car upgrades / purchases and gameplay options. I would recommend turning off the default race guide and changing the camera to ‘Use Chase Camera’ to make life a little easier.

There are 12 different cups within the ‘Career Mode’, each consisting of at least 5 races within, ‘Arcade’ has 40 races and then there are the ‘single race’ and ‘multiplayer’, making longevity as long as you like, or at least until you get bored.

When your thumbs get stiff from all the acceleration you can always spend some time to ‘rude boy’ up your ride. Paint jobs, artwork, or a new spoiler can be bought with your winnings which not only look boss but can actually improve the specs of your car.

So let’s get down to the actual racing shall we?

I started off having a few of the single races to get used to the racing controls but up, down, left and right doesn’t take long to get used to. I soon turned to Career Mode and that is where the fun really starts. Race types are varied and exciting, with brilliant backgrounds to distract and flummox the brain and I soon had worked through 3 cups (coming 1st btw :-P).

The only slight bug issue is within multiplayer mode. Whenever another player came near my car within a race it started lagging which was absolutely distracting to a point of crashing. (This was within my own game room so if you have found anything different, please let me know).

It is fantastic having the ability to play my friends and work colleagues at MoDaCo within multiplayer at Reckless Racing 2 but this isn’t what makes this game grand. The variety of races, the easy controls, the exceptional game physics, excellent graphics, suitable soundtrack and permanence on my home screen says it all.

The ONLY thing missing with this game is the ability to play it on Xbox LIVE arcade. A next step for Polarbit?

Reckless Racing 2 is available now on the Android Market for £3.15.

d0f97466fc8794add6b1ab0e8590d3e1.png

This item was promoted to the News page - click here to view.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.