TUTORIAL for compiling MiUi ROM

Guest sheennick

Guest DarkChaosPaladin

I think that it will not work, because MiUi is for arm7 processor and the blade is an arm6 device, so we have to say patient and maybe one Developer will port MiUi to Blade/Skat because now MiUi will release there source code.

Edited by DarkChaosPaladin

Guest sheennick

I think that i will not work, because MiUi is for arm7 processor and the blade is an arm6 device, so we have to say patient and maybe one Developer will port MiUi to Blade/Skat because now MiUi will release there source code.

surprisingly this came from X8 forums..which is ARM v6

I want to haz miui too. And I wanted to be the miui partay stater. But I have exams so if we get a dev team going. I'll be happy to join, straight after exams :)

Guest equiliym

there is a tutorial on MiCode's blog/site in pdf format, it has 34 pages i think (forgot) about patching 2.3 source with miui source they posted on github but its in chinese :o

Guest KingsizeX

I don't know if anyone has started the "testing" on our Blades yet so I am giving my humble contribution by posting some decent mirror to the project files.

This is a 7zip multiple volume version of the "patchrom.zip" file you can find on the "slow Chinese server" given at the XDA thread. I divided into smaller pieces due to MediaFire size restriction.

1. patchrom.7z.001

2. patchrom.7z.002

3. patchrom.7z.003

4. patchrom.7z.004

Guest Maxsas360

I am trying to do it. I'll use the latest CM7 kang by Burgerz. I am not guaranteeing I will succeed, but worth a try.

EDIT: Compiling...

Edited by Maxsas360

Guest Maxsas360

I am stuck at this error

p -r Settings .build

/home/mode/MiCode/tools/apktool b .build/Settings .build/Settings.apk

I: Checking whether sources has changed...

I: Smaling...

I: Checking whether resources has changed...

I: Building resources...

Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.err.CantFindFrameworkResException

at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.getFrameworkApk(AndrolibResources.java:366)

at brut.androlib.Androlib.parseUsesFramework(Androlib.java:400)

at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Androlib.java:301)

at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResources(Androlib.java:248)

at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:171)

at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:154)

at brut.apktool.Main.cmdBuild(Main.java:182)

at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:67)

make: *** [.build/Settings.apk] Error 1

Same error with CM7 and Swedish Snow -.-

Guest KingsizeX

I am stuck at this error

Same error with CM7 and Swedish Snow -.-

It looks like we need to use a non themed rom!

Seems the script needs one with almost untouched resources.arsc for the APK decompiling to work.

Maybe try to substitute the problematic file with it's original from a stock rom?

I've had similar problems when modding themes with apktool...

Edited by KingsizeX

Guest Sulthekk

MIUI is based on CM, so it should have worked with that framework.

What if Maxsas360 used some patches that are not ready for patchrom? Like rotation animation, MIUI battery bar (thats another implementation, may generate problems)... Does anybody know how old are the sources used to compile official MIUI?

Edited by Sulthekk

Guest KingsizeX

in the tutorial it mentions it requires a stock ROM...

so maybe we should use one of the 2.3.5 stock ROMs......

MisterGT @XDA mentions "Android 2.3.3 - 2.3.7 supported"... but you might have a point! 2.3.5 is right in the middle :P

Guest sheennick

MisterGT @XDA mentions "Android 2.3.3 - 2.3.7 supported"... but you might have a point! 2.3.5 is right in the middle :P

no but the MIUI website says use stock ROM so i thought someone should try a clean untouched stock ROM

Guest equiliym

no but the MIUI website says use stock ROM so i thought someone should try a clean untouched stock ROM

^ this.. you need AOSP 2.3.5/7 to patch with MiCode source, you cant use already modded code like CM for it.. someone who knows chinese should check MiCode pdf tutorial, they have 34 pages of explanation about compiling