MoDaCo Recommends... Best Android Web Browser

Guest Mark Dearlove

Guest Mark Dearlove

Here it is, the inaugural 'MoDaCo Recommends...'. We want you to nominate your favourite Android Web Browser.

If you do a search for 'web browser' on the Android Market you may be overwhelmed by the results. There are a huge number out there, some good, others pretty unusable.

Do you have a browser you swear by? If so head into the comments and tell us. Once we have the nominations we will launch a poll for the entire community to vote on their favourite. The poll topper will gain the moniker 'MoDaCo Recommends...' and earn its place in MoDaCo history!

Nominations will close on Friday, and the poll will become active at the same time. We will close the poll and publish our recommendation on Monday.

Start nominating below - 1 nomination each please.

This item was promoted to the News page - click here to view.

Guest mightygoose

Orweb v2 - anonymous browsing brought to your phone. It is dramatically faster than the stock browser in my experience too. you can disable Images and Java to speed up loading times too.

Guest dajmeister

I keep trying alternative browsers, but keep coming back to stock. In ICS the stock browser is pretty great, I do wish I could get a lastpass extension for it like you can with dolphin and firefox though.

Guest Matchstick

Personally I like the recent versions of Firefox.

It's still a little bit too slow to be perfect, but the extensions especially Ad Block, for me, more than make up for that.

Guest aliaird

I use Opera Mobile, but I'd like one that was a little lighter & quicker for basic surfing tbh. Shall watch this thread with interest. I tried Dolphin and found it fairly complex, but with a more powerful Android (I have a Blade) it seems to have a lot of customability that would probably be nice to have.

Guest RobsLegacy

Dolphin browser all the way. It's the lightest, fastest and with a slew of plugins you can pick your own features. I use TweetDolphin, and ScreenCut on a regular basis. I'm up in the air about the Browse Faster plugin, it seems to have all the back firing of a task killer app...

Guest Holmes108

Nothing has come close to Opera Mobile for me. It's by far the fastest, and I feel (more subjectively honestly) that the interface is the cleanest, most professional looking.

I do most browsing on Opera mini - it's much faster to use overall for me and has saved about 1gb of data over 3 months. I also like Dolphin Mini when i need a 'proper' browser

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.