Site Notice - We are currently investigating an issue with missing download links. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. PaulOBrien

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Rom Porting

24 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Would inserting kernel into a rom from another device just by copy pasting work?? I know its a stupid question :unsure:

Edited by massacre^

Posted · Report post

Would inserting kernel into a rom from another device work?? I know its a stupid question :unsure:

Morning, with my limited knowledge I'd say no. :)

Posted · Report post

the kernel contains drivers and configurations for specific devices, replacing that alone would not make an attempted port work, you would also need to modify/replace certain library/binary files for most ports from the BLADE to work, and thats just to get it booting/working, other things that need changing would the build.prop, possibly framework for ldpi/mdpi (depending on rom) systemui.apk, settings.apk (for additional modding)..........porting from other devices other than BLADE will take alot longer to do as their internal working are different ie different hardware, rom file system layout slightly different..............

the kernel contains drivers and configurations for specific devices, replacing that alone would not make an attempted port work, you would also need to modify/replace certain library/binary files for most ports from the BLADE to work, and thats just to get it booting/working, other things that need changing would the build.prop, possibly framework for ldpi/mdpi (depending on rom) systemui.apk, settings.apk (for additional modding)..........porting from other devices other than BLADE will take alot longer to do as their internal working are different ie different hardware, rom file system layout slightly different..............

this pretty much explained it all :D ofc it would be somewhat easier if its aosp and you know programming, that way you can write/modify already existing code to make it work on certain device

you want to port something massacre?

Edited by equiliym

Posted · Report post

the ligux rom of zte blade..it looks great to me :lol:

Posted · Report post

the ligux rom of zte blade..it looks great to me :lol:

I would love to see that rom on racersmile.gif

im fixing that, dont bother with it, will post full rom next week, got few more issues to fix and its done.. having problems with google apps atm, some FCing etc, here are some shots

edit: will post if people stop stealing my work that is :P

post-840416-0-78701900-1328875011_thumb.

post-840416-0-43109800-1328875034_thumb.

post-840416-0-02802100-1328875053_thumb.

Edited by equiliym

Posted · Report post

who steal your work?? -.-"

only very sadist attention seekers will do that.

Posted · Report post

im fixing that, dont bother with it, will post full rom next week, got few more issues to fix and its done.. having problems with google apps atm, some FCing etc, here are some shots

i was gonna have another go at porting that myself but lol, but its your baby :D ......look forward to seeing it

p.s. write a disclaimer in your thread when you release it about not sharing to any 3rd party sites or certain USERS dry.gif uploading to other sites without permission...

Posted · Report post

It looks greatcool.gifcool.gifcool.gifblink.gif

Posted · Report post

only very sadist attention seekers will do that.

yeah, there are people like that even here :(

i was gonna have another go at porting that myself but lol, but its your baby :D ......look forward to seeing it

p.s. write a disclaimer in your thread when you release it about not sharing to any 3rd party sites or certain USERS dry.gif uploading to other sites without permission...

i just might do that tho with bolded and underlined letters :D will try finishing it for next week, kinda messed up something last night lol

It looks greatcool.gifcool.gifcool.gifblink.gif

thanks.. ill make a thread when i finish it so we can all discuss there :P

Posted · Report post

i am waiting for the rom :D

dev is just not my thing until i change my damn pc which is amd sempron with 512mb ram, no graphics card and 500gb hdd..i tried to install ubuntu which i had previously in an external hdd which is not with me anymore..the whole hdd crashed so had to run to store and luckily got warranty... maybe sometime later if i have got money i will upgrade my pc and try to give something to this wonderful community

Till then thumbs up to all the devs for their awesome work..!

Posted · Report post

Great Rom Equilym.. waiting for release.. :D

Posted · Report post

Great Rom Equilym.. waiting for release.. :D

I think that this will be exellent rom.Thanxbiggrin.gif

yeah, there are people like that even here :(

we've not heard from the fellow for a while........

;) :P

will be something different again, as always thankful for your work :)

Edited by plegdroid

Posted · Report post

lol, thanks for support guys :) i will release it in a day of two, gotta check few more things.. also sick so not really using my PC these days :(

Posted · Report post

Get well soon bro :)

Posted · Report post

Get well soon bro :)

+1

:P

Posted · Report post

Get well soon equiliym.

Nadam se da nije nista ozbiljnomellow.gif

Posted · Report post

thanks guys, will get it uploaded later today or tomorrow :P

@mladenovic obicna prehlada, temperatura ali nervira jako, po ceo dan u krevetu >.>

Posted · Report post

thanks guys, will get it uploaded later today or tomorrow :P

@mladenovic obicna prehlada, temperatura ali nervira jako, po ceo dan u krevetu >.>

I hardly wait to see new rom.

offtopic Sta da ti kazem,vidis kako je blesavo vreme.Nadam se da ce brzo proci.smile.gif

Posted · Report post

I hardly wait to see new rom.

offtopic Sta da ti kazem,vidis kako je blesavo vreme.Nadam se da ce brzo proci.smile.gif

nadrogirao se antibioticima, bicu ok vec sutra :D

Posted · Report post

nadrogirao se antibioticima, bicu ok vec sutra :D

To majstorebiggrin.gif