Site Notice - We are currently investigating an issue with missing download links. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. PaulOBrien

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Does hacked version of Skype work?

13 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

i just tried it and it doesnt work....it doesn't even connect ! (on zte blade crescent)

Posted · Report post

Thank you for trying, wish Skype would do an update really soon :(

Posted (edited) · Report post

I was using a modded skype.apk for a few days it may have been this one http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1148708 if not, there is deffo a modded skype apk floating about on that site which worked fine for me.

Edit: Sorry I should point out I only used it for text not video :(

Edited by MCZQ

Posted · Report post

I was using a modded skype.apk for a few days it may have been this one http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1148708 if not, there is deffo a modded skype apk floating about on that site which worked fine for me.

I tried versions 11-13 of that app, plus the alternative suggested for those with problems, none of them would work. Both cameras are recognized in the settings, but it won't use them. v11 had a "force camera" option but that just crashes the app. This is on a stock Vivacity.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Skype video calling function doesn't work on devices with arm v6 processors.

Edited by SlavZ

Posted · Report post

It's not just Skype, I tried every video calling app I could find, stock and modded, and as far as I can tell there's nothing that is able to use the front camera.

Yet, I hope.

Posted · Report post

It's not just Skype, I tried every video calling app I could find, stock and modded, and as far as I can tell there's nothing that is able to use the front camera.

Yet, I hope.

Hmm, I just tried Tango, and it worked! It used the front camera and it didn't crash. I'll try it a couple more time, and hopefully it will work just as fine.

Posted · Report post

Tango works fine for me too. My image is upside down when I'm recording messages and none of the corrective codes do anything. Not sure if I'm doing the right thing though :-(

Posted · Report post

Tango works fine for me too. My image is upside down when I'm recording messages and none of the corrective codes do anything. Not sure if I'm doing the right thing though :-(

Just before you mentioned that I was going to question why did they bother with the expense of front facing cameras if nobody can use them, now you have proved it works there is no reason why Skype cant implement it. The Skype app is getting really big, and that might be because they are forced to support so many variants of android phones, maybe its time they got specific. Microsoft own them now so they will probably sit back and drink coffee.

Maybe if everyone here sends off a email to the developers of skype they might support it. I have been looking for a support email but cant find one.

Posted · Report post

Tango worked :o

Thank you!!!:D

Posted · Report post

Yahoo Messenger can also use both cameras, although the front camera is upside-down as in Tango.

Posted · Report post

Yahoo Messenger can also use both cameras, although the front camera is upside-down as in Tango.

I'm upside down, but the other side seems to see me fine, so great, thanks B)