[ROM][beta]CyanogenMod 9

Guest Lens_flare

Guest LoveForEver1325

So new site will be online this evening. it's a very powerfull host with:

20 GB DiskSpace (with 20GB we'll set all roms and updates on our own server)

Unlimited bandwith

Php, CGI, ASP, Python, perl etc support

etc.

Now this server cost money and i can't pay it every month by myself.

So you can make a donation to [email protected] (paypal)

All money will go in hosting and the rest goes to lens-flare's work :)

Edited by LoveForEver1325

So new site will be online this evening. it's a very powerfull host with:

20 GB DiskSpace (with 20GB we'll set all roms and updates on our own server)

Unlimited bandwith

Php, CGI, ASP, Python, perl etc support

etc.

Now this server cost money and i can't pay it every month by myself.

So you can make a donation to [email protected] (paypal)

All money will go in hosting and the rest goes to lens-flare's work :)

I haven't personally used, as i'm on my own home hosted server. but these guys offer free unlimited disk space and bandwidth for free!

http://x10hosting.com/register

depends on how many and what sort of problems you expect to have?

I personally think it's unnecessary for you guys to have a paid server if you can't afford to keep it. But i guess it is a good way to roll in donations for this project.

These x10hosting people seem to have a good reputation based on their forum feedback.

I've used a few free webhosts before, 000webhost.com gave me excellent support when I needed more IPs added to their firewall to allow through to their MySQL database.

Guest LoveForEver1325

i'm guessing that's euros.

Sorry then, I was under the impression that you couldn't afford it as you said before that

Yes i should take a VPS if we would get money but actually i'll wait and stay on this great host :)

Well now this topic is for CM9 not for the website :P

Guest scotth324

I must say what Lens said about the volume increase is true. Sound is great. I could barely hear people on the old versions without Genrix's hack but with ICS it is loud and clear and speakerphone works perfectly where in CM7 and Miui speakerphone does not work. SMS did not open so I could not test that out. The music player worked amazing. I really really like the way it looks and worked. Once this ROM is fully operational it is really going to be great. Also Lens said it works with GSM. I'm on a CDMA network and I was able to make a receive calls so it will work with CDMA as well. I'm on the Rogers network in Canada. Can't wait till wifi and data is working. I'm considering flashing this ROM everytime I go to make a phone call I know will be long just to get the clarity and volume.

Guest Lens_flare
speakerphone works perfectly

Somebody over CM has changed libaudio again to match damn desire Z, so now sound is like on beta CM7 or MIUI ;[

But Davidevinavil have backup working libaudio source we could use in future :P

SMS did not open so I could not test that out.

Have you read optimisation tips? I've mentioned how to get SMS working :D

Also Lens said it works with GSM. I'm on a CDMA network and I was able to make a receive calls so it will work with CDMA as well

I'm a GSM user so I can't tell lie :P Might be some difficulties about future RIL versions, we can't stay with only calls and SMS :]

Guest scotth324

I just wanted to comment on my experience so far. I didn't do the optimizations as I was at work and I think they would have frowned on that haha. If the same libaudio source that made the speakerphone work can be used in future versions and in the CM7 and Miui versions it would be great. When in my car I use the speakerphone as we get a good fine if the police catch us with the phone in our hands while driving. Also on the SIM point I am able to fully use my SIM and get data working on both cm7 and Miui easily. Just takes about a minute. So if you stick with the same thing in cm7 it will work at least for us Canadians.

Guest Lens_flare
If the same libaudio source that made the speakerphone work can be used in future versions and in the CM7 and Miui versions it would be great.

uhm, in cm7 and miui there is an old libaudio format, if only I could backport it...

I just wanted to comment on my experience so far. I didn't do the optimizations as I was at work and I think they would have frowned on that haha. If the same libaudio source that made the speakerphone work can be used in future versions and in the CM7 and Miui versions it would be great. When in my car I use the speakerphone as we get a good fine if the police catch us with the phone in our hands while driving. Also on the SIM point I am able to fully use my SIM and get data working on both cm7 and Miui easily. Just takes about a minute. So if you stick with the same thing in cm7 it will work at least for us Canadians.

Please do not leave Italy out in the cold...

Sent from my Liquid MT using Tapatalk

Also on the SIM point I am able to fully use my SIM and get data working on both cm7 and Miui easily. Just takes about a minute.

Do you have an exact procedure to follow so I can try it?

Sent from my Liquid MT using Tapatalk

Guest LoveForEver1325

Ok i had the chance to try the actually state of CM9 so :

* Graphics works perfectly

* You can send sms and call but sim PIN code isn't supported actually

* No data connection (maybe because i've a sim)

* Wifi works but with some bugs

* You can synchronise your google accounts

So Lens is doing a great work and i think we should all donate him a little :P

PS: Lens i've send you on gtalk the bugs that i found :P Love u <3

Guest Lens_flare
and data are working.

Where have you seen it? :D

I only showd up wifi working.

i had the chance to try the actually state of CM9

What are you talking about? ;/

I haven't uploaded it yet :P

Guest TechnoLover

@LoveForEver1325 Could you please stop begging for a donation? It's annoying... when somebody wants to donate, he donates ;) just stop begging for it ;) a little donate button on the first page or in the signature with a friendly "if you like my work, it would be nice to enjoy a beer" would be enough :)

But this begging... It's really annoying!