[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest Hayden3430

I was on the 15. april release and decided to go for the latest so I did a dalvik cache wipe and flashed ROM. After first boot all GApps were lost and all my apps which were on the SD EXT as well. What could I do to get them back?

Just install the gapps again in recovery, and then go to mounts & storage > mount data > reboot

Guest mobiles007

I've installed GApps again but they do not appear after reboot ?!? Where is this mounts & storage -> mount data ?

Guest jimsie

I've installed GApps again but they do not appear after reboot ?!? Where is this mounts & storage -> mount data ?

Clockwork mod, Reboot into recovery by holding power on while holding volume- down, should be in the menu at the bottom. select it with home key and you can select from the next screen using home key. then back button twice and select reboot :)

Guest jeddy1

argh. Have any idea why? Both Swiftkey X and Talk (was working fine for a day) are crashing with a popup "Unfortunately, xxx has stopped"

Edit:wait, which gapps did u flashed?

The best should be on 17-03-2012 builded

I have no problem with those

Edited by jeddy1

Guest mobiles007

GApps are again not comming up and thats horrible. all other apps that were linked on SD ext could be seen under manage apps -> all but when trying to start just say "App isn't installed".

In mounts and storage I've mounted data, should I mount also system and sd-ext?

Guest jimsie

I was on the 15. april release and decided to go for the latest so I did a dalvik cache wipe and flashed ROM. After first boot all GApps were lost and all my apps which were on the SD EXT as well. What could I do to get them back?

Have you reinstalled the s2e_mod.zip? Maybe this will help :)

Guest jeddy1

GApps are again not comming up and thats horrible. all other apps that were linked on SD ext could be seen under manage apps -> all but when trying to start just say "App isn't installed".

In mounts and storage I've mounted data, should I mount also system and sd-ext?

Well i am sure then you have small partition size !

I guess you know what that means ;) ! TPT ;)

Guest mobiles007

No, my partition is 220 MB for sure ;)

What should be mounted and what unmounted ?

Edited by mobiles007

Guest jeddy1

Are u sure? did u checked it ? sorry if u said something on previous pages but i didnt follow all the posts .

you shouldn't do anything to those

they should be like they was !

there it should be like this :

-unmount /cache

-mount /data

-mount /sdcard

-mount /system

-mount /sd-ext

Guest easy_mio

Hi tilal, very nice ROM, thanks for all your efforts!

Only one comment: anybody else having 10% CPU usage even in idle? Android systems seems to be eating this up according to task managers, but I can't see why... Is there a chance that it can be pushed down to a normal 2-3% level?

Guest antmanfersil

So after a couple of days using this ROM i can say that it already fits perfectly for every day use. The ui is really smooth and responsive, gaming experience is absolutely phenomenal, much faster and lagfree than GingerBread. The battery is fantastic, only consumed 2% over night!

Fantastic work Tilal!!

Now for the downside:

I am experiencing some issues, here's the list:

1 - Cant get the flashable zip of s2e to work, gives a error In ClockWorkMod. For me, this is one of the biggest issues, but i will research further on this. EDIT: It now works flawlessly!! :D Sometimes a bit of reading is a good thing...

2 - Sometimes, in the stock browser and in dolphin mini, google does not display the results of a search, only a white screen. Altough the results are there, because if i click randomly on the screen it opens the link, they do not appear, instead, a white screen.

3 - The famous bugs of slow camera preview, broken panoramic, and unplayable youtube HQ. The preview is good enough to take pictures on steady shots.

4 - Sometimes the applications switch to launcher. They do not close, they kind of "alt-tab" out to launcher.

5 - I'm getting a " the page is too big for the screen" or something like this, in some apps, after install.

6 - Can't purchase anything. I'm not sure if this is because of the ROM or NOT, but i never had any probglems before with CM7. But i can install apps from market normally.

7 - 632 on quadrant, sotck mhz, 691 oc show 550 ?!? On Demand Profile. xD Makes a huge difference in games, tough. Especially Pool Bar HD

8 - One random reboot till now. (i know, i'm picky)

9 - I believe Automatic Time Zones is not working, i live in Portugal and i had to set the time manually.

I can't remenber nothing more. So as you can see, some of the bugs are not that big, and i will continue using this rom, because it's really, really good. Especially the gaming.

If you are reading this and not sure if you should install, i definitelly recommend you to do so.

Edited by antmanfersil

Guest bdk9001

Using the 10/05 ROM for the 4th day today. I love the smoothness and the low battery drain with screen-off.

Only "issues" I have are

- The phone switches to 3G mode after turning Wi-Fi off or going outside of AP range, even though it is set to 2G only.

- The screen seems to be draining a little more power compared to CM7.1, even though I mostly use 0% brightness.

- The last 15% of the battery drains a lot slower than the first 30%, even when running heavy stuff (like games, youtube HQ or benchmarks, all with brightness to max) - Already did a reset battery stats

Apart from these minor inconveniences, this ROM rocks!

Guest vanlabiano

i can't seem to have my gapps working on my device. i'm on the latest coldfusionx, the May10 version. i've been trying all the gapps that was said to be working, the march 17 and april versions of gapps, but it's not working for me. any suggestions on what gapps to use? some one help. thanks a lot in advance.

Guest XeS0r

If you used s2e which was described in the first post, then you can use my zip file to restore s2e after flashing an update.

My flash order:

1.CM9 Update (thx tilal6991 and sej7278)

2.GApps

3.simple2ext-v2.zip or simple2ext-v3.zip

4.Wipe Dalvik Cache

5.Reboot and be happy.

v2 (old s2e from first post):

https://docs.google....SWF5ZXRUc2FfQXM

v3 (new s2e with update from market)

https://docs.google....WWtQMTVJNmFBZWs

If you installed the update from the market you should uninsall the update before flashing this zip. So you don't waste space on your partitions.

Use "File->Save" or Ctrl+S to store file.

Best regards

XeS0r

Edited by XeS0r

Guest XeS0r

i can't seem to have my gapps working on my device. i'm on the latest coldfusionx, the May10 version. i've been trying all the gapps that was said to be working, the march 17 and april versions of gapps, but it's not working for me. any suggestions on what gapps to use? some one help. thanks a lot in advance.

Im using those Gapps too. Please describe your problem in more detail.

You can flash GApps with Clockworkmod and then use "Advanced->Show Log" to see what happens during the flash process.

Or get a look at your partition size.

Use Terminal and type:

df

you should see something like this:

Filesystem			 Size   Used   Free   Blksize

/dev				   210M    32K   210M   4096

/mnt/asec			  210M	 0K   210M   4096

/mnt/obb			   210M	 0K   210M   4096

/system			    215M   201M    13M   4096

/data				  203M   183M    20M   4096

/cache				  37M	 1M    36M   4096

/data/app			    1G   108M	 1G   1024

/data/app-private	    1G   108M	 1G   1024

/sd-ext				  1G   108M	 1G   1024

/cache/download		  1G   108M	 1G   1024

/mnt/sdcard			 12G	 5G	 7G   8192

/mnt/secure/asec	    12G	 5G	 7G   8192

If your system partition is below 200 MB you should use another TPT and then try again.

http://code.google.com/p/ics4blade/wiki/TPT

Read carefully!

Guest vanlabiano

Im using those Gapps too. Please describe your problem in more detail.

You can flash GApps with Clockworkmod and then use "Advanced->Show Log" to see what happens during the flash process.

Or get a look at your partition size.

Use Terminal and type:

df

you should see something like this:

Filesystem			 Size   Used   Free   Blksize

/dev				   210M	32K   210M   4096

/mnt/asec			  210M	 0K   210M   4096

/mnt/obb			   210M	 0K   210M   4096

/system				215M   201M	13M   4096

/data				  203M   183M	20M   4096

/cache				  37M	 1M	36M   4096

/data/app				1G   108M	 1G   1024

/data/app-private		1G   108M	 1G   1024

/sd-ext				  1G   108M	 1G   1024

/cache/download		  1G   108M	 1G   1024

/mnt/sdcard			 12G	 5G	 7G   8192

/mnt/secure/asec		12G	 5G	 7G   8192

If your system partition is below 200 MB you should use another TPT and then try again.

http://code.google.c...4blade/wiki/TPT

Read carefully!

i have this, have a look.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a52ob6gjqnhkj2h/Screenshot_2012-05-14-15-48-44.png

am i doing my partition wrong?

Guest vanlabiano

your system partition is 160MB, thats too small, you need more than 200MB, 220MB would be good!

that's why! that has been my problem all along. thanks, man! cheers! :D

Guest XeS0r

i have this, have a look.

https://www.dropbox....14-15-48-44.png

am i doing my partition wrong?

Yes your system is 160MB only.

And as tilal6991 said in his first post:

YOU NEED A 185 MB SYSTEM PARTITION MINIMUM FOR THIS ROM!

You need a bigger system partition.

Get the v10 TPT from:

or use TPT Helper from google play store.

I've encountered a problem using an sdcard with an ext3 and fat32 partition. I couldn't flash TPT. But that's not 100% confirmed. Didn't had enough time to figure it out yesterday evening. Just in case it won't show up the green update text.

After Updating TPT you have to flash everything again and check Advanced->Log after flashing Gapps.

Best regards

Edited by XeS0r

Guest vanlabiano

Yes your system is 160MB only.

And as tilal6991 said in his first post:

YOU NEED A 185 MB SYSTEM PARTITION MINIMUM FOR THIS ROM!

You need a bigger system partition.

Get the v10 TPT from:

or use TPT Helper from google play store.

I've encountered a problem using an sdcard with an ext3 and fat32 partition. I couldn't flash TPT. But that's not 100% confirmed. Didn't had enough time to figure it out yesterday evening. Just in case it won't show up the green update text.

After Updating TPT you have to flash everything again and check Advanced->Log after flashing Gapps.

Best regards

thanks, man! CHEERS! :D

and another thing, is there some themes for coldfusionx? just wondering.

Guest Pieniek

Hello!

Have you seen new mod for CM9 ICS lockscreen to look like Optimus4x? Its here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1597928

I just love it, but i can't patch it for the rom, i don't have linux and i don't know a thing about compiling, can someone make a package to flash via CWM for our beloved ColdFusionX?

I think not only i would be grateful : D

Guest Rounak

Edit:wait, which gapps did u flashed?

The best should be on 17-03-2012 builded

I have no problem with those

I flashed the Gapps which Nuclearcodes posted here, now I cannot open any Gapp. Reflashing everything all over again, will see if that helps

Edit: I just reset the device, and after the initial setup process, it seems to be working fine. Talk's working as well.

Edited by Rounak