[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Blade [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest Hayden3430

what's better ColdFusionX or Konsta build for daily use ?

Both the same really, i find i have better battery life with Konstat and his version is more up-to-date.

Guest Pierreism

Both the same really, i find i have better battery life with Konstat and his version is more up-to-date.

You forgot to mention CM10 doesn't have a fully working camera situation yet. If you can live without it though, I'd go Jelly Bean all the way.

Guest Hayden3430

You forgot to mention CM10 doesn't have a fully working camera situation yet. If you can live without it though, I'd go Jelly Bean all the way.

I didn't forget anything, we were on about CM9.

Guest ak167777

thanks for the nice work,

I have setup both ext4 and swap on sd card.

But i have few questions.

1) After install s2e, is it required to move apps to sd card? because s2e already use ext4 of sd card as storage?

2) i found the z-ram option at cfx. is it as same as swap option? or where can i enable the swap option in cfx?

Thanks a lot ^_^~

Guest MadMummy76

The 28/06 update is a battery drainer. :mellow:

Apart from that, it works like a charm. Almost perfect for daily usage. ;)

After a few restarts it actually stopped draining the battery. Now it lasts for 48hours+ in standby.

But I have another problem, after I installed the mod, I could select any mp3 from the music folder on the sdcard as a ringtone. But I just noticed today, that when I got a call, it rang with some stupid defaoult sound. And when I go into sound settings it says that an "unknown ringtone" is set. And If I try to select it again, it only shows the preinstalled ringtones that came with the rom. The sdcard is still mounted and I can browse it no problem with the filemanager. But I noticed that apollo music player doesn't show the mp3's as well.

What could be the problem?

Just put last Coldfusion on my Blade and also have a problem with ringtone.

I can choose a ringtone but I can't hear nothing when I select one or another.

And when my phone receive a call, I can't hear any sound

I checked everything, all my volumes are at max level.

Any idea ?

Edit : done, she activated a Slience Profile. It works now.

Edited by red71

Guest Patricia1066

I couldnt find my issue on a google search, so hope you can direct or advise me.

update-cm-9-20120502-SNAPSHOT-blade-sej-signed.zip

I have a 2010 ZTE Oled blade, and have been happy with GSF Rom for years. I used Sej ROM, with wbaw's Gen1-2 TPT v10 and I have a working phone. The instructions were great, and I gave plenty it of time to settle in before installing 11 user apps. Still have 99mb internal memory available for apps.

Although I can make phone calls, I cannot get the phone to show that there is a service. Last night I was able to register Orange (my service is virgin, so T-mobile is the closer mast; this is unusual to default to it in my own home). This morning after updating Titanium and my apps (no system or app data) I rebooted and now I have no internet.

I checked IMEI is the same; I input the virgin mobile APN and rebooted; my roaming data is set on; No service shows on the drop down screen, no internet and yet I can make phone calls.

Edit - I changed to 2G only, and now Orange shows up as the Service Provider, and I can get very slow wap internet.

In Settings/About Phone/Status

IP address shows 10.159.171.94

T-mobile is the registered provider, though Orange was selected, and No Service in drop down screen; not roaming , though roaming was selected.

Edit2 Need a working phone so I wiped the CM9 and am reinstalling GSF

Edited by Patricia1066

Guest stanvladut

I have a problem. When someone calls me it appears only the number, but not the contact name and picture even if i have already added this number to contacts. If I receive two consecutive calls from the same person, a second time shows me the name and picture. What can i do to appear all datas from first time?

Guest robreid

Why would you want 20mb of cache? You either want none (well, 2mb appears to be the minimum we use) or loads. If the 20mb cache was actually used you'd pretty much have removed your ability to download anything big on the market. And if it isn't used, you're wasting 18mb.

I thought ColdfusionX didn't have a redirect script?

So if I partition a 20mb cache is that gonna be worse than a 2mb one?

Guest Nikola86BG

I thought ColdfusionX didn't have a redirect script?

So if I partition a 20mb cache is that gonna be worse than a 2mb one?

The only thing I have noticed that would benefit from 4MB cache is Rom Manager. I haven't heard anyone else seeing any other benefit from bigger cache. There is a redirect script so yes, 20MB cache is a waste.

Tilal, Sorry to ask once more. Why there is no release JB from your side?

He already mentioned that, his Blade is broken (it's been for a while, he didn't test last versions of CFX himself).

JB is still very experimental, when it matures enough, I have no doubt that developers will start using each other's patches. The differences between different versions of CM10 will be too small for the average user to notice.

Edited by Nikola86BG

Guest robreid

Is anyone else having problems with Viber?

Viber looks like it should be working but when I actually make a call it's like the microphone stops working, like I just can't hear anything and the person I'm calling can't hear me.

There is also some weird feedback from the mic on normal calls where I can kinda hear an echo of my own voice in the earpiece - could these be related?

And on a side note, any ideas why temple run isn't compatible with my blade?

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest iBanana

Some stuff that I currently need to use don't work on this version on my ZTE BLADE (Sapo A5)

Software:

-Viber (unable to make calls, only works for messages)

-Skype (unable to make calls, only works for messages)

Any updates on this? or anyone else with this problem?

Thanks and I'm looking forward for the next update.

Guest iBanana

Is anyone else having problems with Viber?

Viber looks like it should be working but when I actually make a call it's like the microphone stops working, like I just can't hear anything and the person I'm calling can't hear me.

There is also some weird feedback from the mic on normal calls where I can kinda hear an echo of my own voice in the earpiece - could these be related?

And on a side note, any ideas why temple run isn't compatible with my blade?

Thanks in advance.

I just saw your message.

Viber does not work for me as well.. Neither does skype or any other kind of software that uses Voip... :(

Anyone else with this problem.. i really don't like downgrading back to my 2.xxx android version :(

• 2 weeks later...

Have problem with images in Google play or in facebook.

Google play works, but on the page with the aplication, where are install and uninstall buttons and below this buttons should be thumbnails, but there is only loading icon and after some time timeout.

In facebook app the same problem with images, in my fotogallery any images, only loader icon.

Now I have discovered, that when I turn on mobile data so everything works, but when is enabled only wifi, so there is problem with images, can't be downloaded.

Guest Snap.IT

Google play works, but on the page with the aplication, where are install and uninstall buttons and below this buttons should be thumbnails, but there is only loading icon and after some time timeout.

In facebook app the same problem with images, in my fotogallery any images, only loader icon.

Now I have discovered, that when I turn on mobile data so everything works, but when is enabled only wifi, so there is problem with images, can't be downloaded.

This ROM is abandoned so nothing that isn't fixed in it will ever get fixed.

Use KonstaT's KonstaKANG CM9 instead.

Guest iBanana

Hi there.. I'm using this version and I don't have any problem on facebook or google play with wifi connection.

I'm using this since the release and I don't have any problems with this MOD.

EXCEPT some problems with some appliactions like Viber or Skype (both work but i can't make calls with them, only messages) also one or 2 apps that i use are not working properly, new updates were released but one or another feature is still not working (ie Metatrader 4)

Also i can't view some videos properly on youtube (HD or normal videos).

But google play DOES work 100% and facebook does work 100%.

NOTE: that you need to update both programs to the latest versions and that will fix any issues.

I might try to other mod that someone posted here. "Use KonstaT's KonstaKANG CM9 instead."

1) Do you have s2e installed? I'm thinking whether isn't problem in sd-ext partition, because i don't know if this ext2/3 partition is mounted in default installation or i should mount it with some app2sd application.

2) Or do you have some info about sd-ext partition in "Settings - Partition Info"? I have there Not available.

3) Is ext2/3 partition needed by ics?

I don't know where can the problem be.