[ICS] [MIUI] MIUISkater for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 21/02]

Guest tilal6991

Guest JThumar

I am stuck now........wifi not downloading this ROM on iceskater and USB/Bluetooth not working......seems will have to remove my SD card from mobile to install this.........sad.gif

Bluetooth will be fixed in the next release of both ICS roms. Browser is only a problem in Iceskater and will be fixed in the next release.

Guest tilal6991

I am stuck now........wifi not downloading this ROM on iceskater and USB/Bluetooth not working......seems will have to remove my SD card from mobile to install this.........sad.gif

or just enable USB mounting in recovery...

Guest tilal6991

Hi all,

Could ayone running this could they grab this file of the phone for me?

/proc/config.gz

And then upload to http://www.mediafire.com/

Cheers!

(wanting to build my ZTE Crescent kernel to same spec)

the config file is up on GitHub. It's on the ics branch of Tom g's kernel under arch/arm/config/cyanogen_skate_defconfig.

Guest JThumar

Its amazing how much you know mate.........i learn so many things from you.......thanks for replying to my posts.......smile.gif

will try that if wifi again fails my download.......hope its a straight forward option on CWM

or just enable USB mounting in recovery...

Edited by JThumar

Guest plegdroid

Well guys. I think this is a historic day. The day that miui finally makes its way onto arm6 phones. Many people said it would never happen. But now that day is finally here....

Thanks again to all the community for being my motivation!

thanks for being our dev.

:)

Guest Andymac1969

Seems very stable, only issues for me, music FC's, no screen sounds or haptic feedback, and nothing location based is working at the moment. I have had one random reboot, and one freeze (got out of by pulling out the power cable)

All in all, fantastic work!!!!

Andrew

Guest tilal6991

Hmm i seem to just not be able to get past the XIAOMI.COM start screen after about 10 mins its still there, never had any problems with roms before this.

try rebooting. Also have you wiped data? And what's your system partition?

Guest zsumo1992

Hmm i seem to just not be able to get past the XIAOMI.COM start screen after about 10 mins its still there, never had any problems with roms before this.

Pull out the battery, then go to recovery ..wipe date/fact. reset,..wipe cache...wipe dalvik cache...reboot phone...for me it worked

Guest JThumar

Tilal how much more can these ROM be improved apart from random freezes and reboots........i think this is just amazing and has potential to become a big hit !!

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

How to take screenshot on this ?

on CM9 I think you hold down the power button and it's one of the choices.

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest PedroVader

Just done a solid hour of use, installing apps, uninstalling, sms, whatsapp, adding/removing accounts.....not a second of trouble and no reboots at all.

That would have sent the other ICS mental with freezes etc....how can these be the same build, yet worlds apart on stability?

Kudos young man!!laugh.gif

Guest Andymac1969

Push the contacts button on the home page and the screen goes black

Tried to change the wallpaper, selected one of the pictures from the wallpaper gallery and the phone froze and has just rebooted

Edited by Andymac1969

Guest Andymac1969

Is this any better 'under the hood' wise than CM9?

Looks pretty, and seems much more stable, but GPS is not working, where it is in CM9, but it is outstanding progress!!

Edited by Andymac1969

Guest Anthony1989

As much as I'd like to try this I think I will hold of for habit. Only reason is I need the camera as my daughter is on her first words so want to catch that.

Anyway great work tilal, a legend you are :)

Guest JThumar

How to add account on this ?? Not getting anything on screen..........blink.gif

Manage to add it by accessing market which asked me...........but not working from settings.....but its fine

Edited by JThumar