Assistance on Samsung Galaxy S II HD LTE (SHV-E120L)

Guest OBA68

Dear All,

Less than an hour now, i join this network and i have read quite a number of posts. I bought myself this Samsung Galaxy S II HD LTE (SHV-E120L) and to my utmost surprise, I cannot send sms. When sms comes it, it displayed the sms but with sender ID hidden. I cannot send and not reply. I thought of returning the Korean phone, but i was told that it was perhaps one of the best phones around. Encouraged by the reviews online, I have decided to keep the phone and take the other option, which brings me in here. I want to learn how to root the phone and get this Korean model to perform the task it is meant for both by the manufaturer and myself.

As experts, kindly direct me. It is important to note that prior to this phone, I had this ZTE Blade by San Francisco, which i successfully rooted to Gingerbread 2.3.6. With this experience, i think if adequatetly tutored, i can easily find my way through.

I sincerely thank you ahead of your response, first for the time, the opportunity for joining here and the response. Thank you.

OBA

• 1 month later...
Guest rickyhard

Dear All,

Less than an hour now, i join this network and i have read quite a number of posts. I bought myself this Samsung Galaxy S II HD LTE (SHV-E120L) and to my utmost surprise, I cannot send sms. When sms comes it, it displayed the sms but with sender ID hidden. I cannot send and not reply. I thought of returning the Korean phone, but i was told that it was perhaps one of the best phones around. Encouraged by the reviews online, I have decided to keep the phone and take the other option, which brings me in here. I want to learn how to root the phone and get this Korean model to perform the task it is meant for both by the manufaturer and myself.

As experts, kindly direct me. It is important to note that prior to this phone, I had this ZTE Blade by San Francisco, which i successfully rooted to Gingerbread 2.3.6. With this experience, i think if adequatetly tutored, i can easily find my way through.

I sincerely thank you ahead of your response, first for the time, the opportunity for joining here and the response. Thank you.

OBA

you can probably download from the market the gosms. it's free. this normally resolves the problem of the korean version phones. gosms can be customized. if you are still not happy with the firmware that comes with it, you can search for the teamleader v1.3 package. it should come with the rooting of your mobile phone. by default this customized rom can only send 180 characters of sms, unlike the korean version which can only send 80 characters of sms... but again, you can break this barrier when you use the gosms program.