[ROM] [23-04] TripNDroid Operating System | Beta Stage | 119.32.404.B.U

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest BummAround

Hey trip. Just updated and loving the big increase in general speed and bootime also so far battery seems better.

Only had one major problem so far which is that opening the music app will cause immediate soft reboot to blue tripndroid screen. Same goes if you try to place the music widget. If you play a song in file explorer it will play in the preview windows but the app itself will not open at all.

+just realised that i get the same soft reboot whenever I try to restore apps.

+1

Music app causes reboot.

Playing song in file explorer is a temporary workaround, but as the screen turns off so does the music being played. :mellow:

Playback of mkv video still lags like 2secs with vplayer app.

Realized that it keeps prompting to enter PIN for the SIM card twice, entering the first time prompted for the "Restart device. New SIM detected" message.

But overall, it's an amazing ROM!

Guest SpawnX
test 11 - runs great and smooth

issues:

application

---------------

1. voice search - decrease volume when use ex: ring tone, notification tone

2. Gallery - dont show pics on picasa anymore

video playback with default video player and rock player

---------------

1. 1080P - cant play this video

2. 720P - cant play this video

3. 480P - cant play this video

4. CIF - plays on both player little lag

5. QVGA - only plays on rock player quality not good

6. QCIF - only plays on rock player bad quality

* not sure if this is issue with me only but all the test rom + offical 119 rom i cant playback any format of video just crashes.

Wifi Hotspot

---------------

dont work cant find the hot spot

Toggle

---------

still crash when try to turn torch off

+ 1

Guest Mulletcutter

+1

Music app causes reboot.

Playing song in file explorer is a temporary workaround, but as the screen turns off so does the music being played. :mellow:

Playback of mkv video still lags like 2secs with vplayer app.

Realized that it keeps prompting to enter PIN for the SIM card twice, entering the first time prompted for the "Restart device. New SIM detected" message.

But overall, it's an amazing ROM!

Use Google music, or "Google play", has not restarted yet. And works great.

Guest vahe123s

after a couple of days using 119. here are the bugs i found:

Music app and widget cause soft reboot,

sometimes when recieving calls and calling soft reboots occur (happend around 3 times)

when inserting headphones soft reboot

when removing headphones soft reboot

when reboots occur the battery would jump (e.g. from 50% to 20% or from 30% to 60%)

youtube sometimes exits the video being watched

high quality videos wont play aswell

over all this rom is the best! :D a few reboots but i can live with it :)

Guest MZeroEW2

I can confirm. Wifi tether turns on. Is not visible regardless of encryption. Therefore is not not fully working.

Keep up the great work trip. This is a great ROM.

Guest BummAround

after a couple of days using 119. here are the bugs i found:

Music app and widget cause soft reboot,

sometimes when recieving calls and calling soft reboots occur (happend around 3 times)

when inserting headphones soft reboot

when removing headphones soft reboot

when reboots occur the battery would jump (e.g. from 50% to 20% or from 30% to 60%)

youtube sometimes exits the video being watched

high quality videos wont play aswell

over all this rom is the best! :D a few reboots but i can live with it :)

Just delete the Music app using Terminal Emulator, then replace it with a music app such as the PowerAmp.

Regarding the soft reboots while receiving calls, inserting/removing headphone, check your max CPU freq? 1,5+ GHz is too high for your particular phone?

Agree that batt gauge is "jumpy" hence inaccurate with this kernel. Try to charge till full (use Batt Widget / Current WIdget to check for the lowest and most stable mA after 100% fully charged state is reached), then reset the batt state to recalibrate it.

Hope it helps.

Guest Mulletcutter

Just delete the Music app using Terminal Emulator, then replace it with a music app such as the PowerAmp.

Regarding the soft reboots while receiving calls, inserting/removing headphone, check your max CPU freq? 1,5+ GHz is too high for your particular phone?

Agree that batt gauge is "jumpy" hence inaccurate with this kernel. Try to charge till full (use Batt Widget / Current WIdget to check for the lowest and most stable mA after 100% fully charged state is reached), then reset the batt state to recalibrate it.

Hope it helps.

ya, about the battery resetting...it does nothing. Cuz when you charge it to 100% it resets the batterystats ne ways...If i read the google developers report right. :) so calibrating your battery by wiping stats is just a waste of time. But instead of using terminal to delete an app...use titanium it does just about everything. But to each thier own.

But also, connecting to wifi is flaky, it connects but i usually have to go into wifi settings then turn wifi on/off/on and watch it connect. obtaining address, disconnect, then it obtains again but connects. Is wifi not as strong on this rom? cuz i usually stream pandora and can goto the end of my driveway, with like ARHD, and its still strong, but with this rom it starts buffering and i have like one - 0 bars on wifi.

Guest BummAround
"Cuz when you charge it to 100% it resets the batterystats ne ways"

Not really, recalibrate the batt does help.

"If i read the google developers report right"

Can you share the link, please?

"cuz i usually stream pandora and can goto the end of my driveway, with like ARHD, and its still strong, but with this rom it starts buffering and i have like one - 0 bars on wifi."

Is ARHD AOSP-based?

Edited by BummAround

Guest Sean Kinnear

test 11:

Used Rom Manager to fix permissions, rebooted and flashed firmware. Not normal, but when the phone started back up It acted as if I did a full wipe. Not sure if this can help, or should even be addressed. Just so you know.

Other than that it runs solid for me, hardly any soft boots. Thank you for your hard work!

Guest BummAround

Thanks for the link. Theoritically, it's correct, but I must be one of those with batt-calibrating OCD (not on every reboot, though, thank God).

As for the wifi thingy, must have something to do with the fact that one ROM is Sense-based (ack!), while the other is AOSP-based.

Guest petar.bgd

Hi guys,

been away almost full month. Gone through thread , cant find any useful info. TrpnDroid works for me great , just have a problem playing clips recorded with camera. Is it solved, any new great things made by Trip? He was pull back from developing last time i check out.... Welcome back Trip, find out that u got One X... You will not forgot your sensation follower, will you ?

Guest BummAround

Hi guys,

been away almost full month. Gone through thread , cant find any useful info. TrpnDroid works for me great , just have a problem playing clips recorded with camera. Is it solved, any new great things made by Trip? He was pull back from developing last time i check out.... Welcome back Trip, find out that u got One X... You will not forgot your sensation follower, will you ?

Use the MX Player (Pro) or Vplayer to play recorded clip as a workaround. Not perfect, but more than OK though.

Guest petar.bgd

Use the MX Player (Pro) or Vplayer to play recorded clip as a workaround. Not perfect, but more than OK though.

Thanx man. Recommend to flash 192.... (last one)? Clean install ?

Guest TripNRaVeR

Goodbye my fellow Pyramid users and friends i sold mine today, thanks for supporting and maybe we meet again in another device forum

Guest BummAround

Goodbye my fellow Pyramid users and friends i sold mine today, thanks for supporting and maybe we meet again in another device forum

Sad.

We all think that you may release one final ROM on Pyramid before selling it off, mate.

Guest Mulletcutter

this is probably the best rom ive ever used, cm7...anything. I only have graphic glitches here and there and youtube FC randomly...other then that s*** is awesome. maybe somebody can take over :)

Guest cubskru

LOVED this rom!!! So sad to se you leave TRIP :(

Could please open source so that we sensation users can continue to enjoy android as it was meant to be:)