How to make a WIPE CSC package into a No-Wipe one?

Guest MeX_DK

I have downloaded the XXKJ3 CSC package from Sammobile. Downside is that it wipes my phone .

What do I need to do to turn said wipe CSC into a non-wipe one?. Mind you I dont have it as a CWM file, but as a Tar.md5 file.

Unpacking the file shows me a hidden.img and a cache.img, but when I flash it with Mobile Odin it wipes my phone. So what do i do, to stop that from happening?.

Guest ykk_five

I have downloaded the XXKJ3 CSC package from Sammobile. Downside is that it wipes my phone .

What do I need to do to turn said wipe CSC into a non-wipe one?. Mind you I dont have it as a CWM file, but as a Tar.md5 file.

Unpacking the file shows me a hidden.img and a cache.img, but when I flash it with Mobile Odin it wipes my phone. So what do i do, to stop that from happening?.

don flash the csc in odin, or choose an empty csc

also, u can replace the stock recovery so that it wont be able to run post-installation scripts contained in the rom

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MeX_DK

don flash the csc in odin, or choose an empty csc

also, u can replace the stock recovery so that it wont be able to run post-installation scripts contained in the rom

If I should not flash it with Odin then how should i flash it?. I dont have it as a CWM file and only as a tar md5 file. So at present my only option is to flash with Odin....

And I have flashed CSC files with Odin in the past without the phone wiping. So apparently it is possible.....

Guest stevenz

It should only be an issue in Odin if there is more than just CSC data in the file. If it's just CSC files, then just extract it, copy them in with Root Explorer and reboot.

The Hidden and Cache partitions don't sound right for CSC data, as that's all held in the /system/CSC folder..