"boot with power, vol up, and menu" not working

Guest hihi0

Hello

i must have a fundamental misunderstanding: I copied a tpt (Stock gen 2) with "TPT Helper", had it unpack the zip and tried to start repartitioning using boot with power, vol up, and menu. Unfortunately, the phone stays on the first logo, i have to take out the battery. It's currently running cm7 and was converted from gen 1 ages ago using a wbaw-tpt.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated - i would love to try out tilal's ics.

Guest solidslash

Had the same problem when I was trying to upgrade my phone to gen2. Tried almost everything.

Apparently my Orange San Francisco was somehow blocked to do that - I had to use that weird windows program to do the whole operation. Since then I can re-tpt easily.

Here it is: http://android.modac...ra-via-windows/

Be careful though, it *may* do bad things to your phone (yet using tpt incorrectly can do the same).

Edited by solidslash

Guest Vardant

Some TPTs seem to work by holding ONLY vol+ key. Disconnect your USB charger if you have it plugged in.

Didn't work either.

Had the same problem when I was trying to upgrade my phone to gen2. Tried almost everything.

Apparently my Orange San Francisco was somehow blocked to do that - I had to use that weird windows program to do the whole operation. Since then I can re-tpt easily.

Here it is: http://android.modac...ra-via-windows/

Be careful though, it *may* do bad things to your phone (yet using tpt incorrectly can do the same).

Ok, I may have a bigger problem here. I looked at the guide, but I got stuck right at the beginning. My Blade doesn't even respond to holding down vol- when powering up. Should I just skip that step, boot into CWM and flash restore_stock_recovery.zip and hope the rest works?

EDIT: Got it working, followed the guide and now I'm running ICS, thanks.

Edited by Vardant

Guest Amphoras

Hello

i must have a fundamental misunderstanding: I copied a tpt (Stock gen 2) with "TPT Helper", had it unpack the zip and tried to start repartitioning using boot with power, vol up, and menu. Unfortunately, the phone stays on the first logo, i have to take out the battery. It's currently running cm7 and was converted from gen 1 ages ago using a wbaw-tpt.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated - i would love to try out tilal's ics.

If you converted to Gen 2 by TPT, your phone is not stock Gen 2. When the app started you need to pick the Gen 1 to Gen 2 option. If you do that it will give you TPTs that should work.

If you converted to Gen 2 by TPT, your phone is not stock Gen 2. When the app started you need to pick the Gen 1 to Gen 2 option. If you do that it will give you TPTs that should work.

Thank you, Amphoras - worked like a charm! Greetings from Switzerland!

-- hihi0

Guest targetbsp

I made that same mistake but realised before attempting a flash. I wonder if that option could be brought to the front menu rather than under 'other' so people see two options for gen 2 and actually think about it rather than picking the first gen 2 they see? It's gotta be quite a common setup for the Blade?

Or maybe if you choose simply gen 2 you then get a further list to choose the type of gen 2 you have? (stock, tpt, windows)

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Amphoras

I made that same mistake but realised before attempting a flash. I wonder if that option could be brought to the front menu rather than under 'other' so people see two options for gen 2 and actually think about it rather than picking the first gen 2 they see? It's gotta be quite a common setup for the Blade?

Or maybe if you choose simply gen 2 you then get a further list to choose the type of gen 2 you have? (stock, tpt, windows)

Yeah that's something I'm going to improve when I get a chance. I have a way to determine which type of TPT you need to use that works most of the time (eg. if you used a very old Gen 1 to Gen 2 TPT then it will think you have a stock Gen 2 phone). I will add that to suggest the type it thinks you have. Also going to add an option to show your current sizes. Will hopefully help people who upgraded a while ago and can't remember what size their /system partition is now. Again I will add that when I have the time.