[APP] Liquid MT Control 1.4 (28.03.2012)

Guest TechnoLover

Guest TechnoLover

[APP] Liquid MT Control 1.4 (28.03.2012)

device-2012-02-27-162fezkh.png device-2012-02-27-162dgy49.png device-2012-02-27-223j5u9h.png device-2012-02-27-223kyu85.png

1. Instructions

1. download and install like every other app
    2. You don't have to use my kernel but you maybe have to live without some featues (changing voltage, setting things for boot, etc.)

[*]Features

• set voltage for each frequency
  • set/delete voltages on boot
  • import/export voltages from/to sdcard
  • control max. GPU frequency
  • set/delete max. GPU frequency at boot
  • enable/disable LEDs
  • change scheduler on the fly
  • set/delete scheduler on boot
  • Reboot, -Bootloader, -Recovery and Hot Reboot options
  • Known Issues

• no known issues yet
    • Download

Download Liquid MT Control & View Changelog

Please do NOT mirror MT Control.

chart7sl07.png

• Problems

• if you set voltages too low, your device maybe freeze. In this case just pull battery out and begin from new.
      • if you set a too low voltage on boot, just run deleteBootUndervolt.zip from recovery. It is on your sdcard when you use my kernel.
      • if you set a too high frequency on bott, just run deleteBootGPUFrequency.zip from recovery. It is on your sdcard when you use my kernel.
      • Report Problems

• tell me what version you're using.
      • describe the problem as detailed as possible

[*]How to support developers?

[*]Give them a defaulttzflk.png (: If you want to, you can donate something to them of course ;)

Edited by TechnoLover

Guest sumdumguy

Thanks for the fixed app; the smoothness on my phone is like iphone:) with all the enhancements in your new kernel.

I'm using 360launcher mainly and it simply gliiiiides.

Guest blackvoske

I don;t have the Technolover running, i installed the apk, also the busybox which is required.

I have no option to set gpu / voltage, not supported kernel.

I am running android 2.3.5, kernel version 2.6.35.7-perf.

Guest blackvoske

yeah, that's normal. Like the app says you have no compatible kernel installed.

After i posted that i tried your kernel...and guess what...it works...

Now playing with settings and antutu benchmarks.

Guest blackvoske

of course ;)when you lose settings I will write it there, so don't worry ;)

Great.... thanx again for the effort you put in.

Do you have an idea about new features, maybe thats a nice one to put online so we know what (maybe) to expect in the future ?

Guest chemicalbuz

LED flash speed, maybe battery percentage toggle, scheduler selection, that's what I thought about for now

will kernel support more scheduler than noop and cfq alrealdy in?

Guest almighty15

Never mind my above post, Just updated kernal :)

Test results...

ROM : Lastest T&L Metal

Kernal : Lastest Tchnolover

CPU clock : 1.4Ghz

Benchmark app : Nenamark 2

GPU 245Mhz - 21.1fps

GPU 297Mhz - 25.4fps

GPU 368Mhz - 27.4fps

GPU 384Mhz - 27.6fps

It doesn't appear to be doing anything...

Guest almighty15

More results...

Benchmark app : NeoCore

GPU 245Mhz - 52.1fps

GPU 297Mhz - 53.0fps

GPU 368Mhz - 53.8fps

GPU 384Mhz - 54.0fps

CPU 1.6Ghz, GPU 384Mhz - 54.0fps

Benchmark app : Basemark ES 2.0 Taiji

GPU 245Mhz - 16.6fps

GPU 297Mhz - 18.9fps

GPU 368Mhz - 21.1fps

GPU 384Mhz - 21.9fps

CPU 1.6Ghz, GPU 384Mhz - 21.9fps

Over all very mixed results, NeoCore is hitting the frame rate limit so it's not the best benchmark to use, If kernal could have unlocked frame rate it would be a better test.

In basemark the performance stopped increase after 368Mhz but according to basemark online charts a stock Galaxy S2 get's 33fps so our lowly adreno 205 GPU only being 10fps behind is great!!

Techno is might be worth doing a google search for the updated adreno 205 drivers that were relased at december 2011 for a performance boost

Edited by almighty15

Guest Xorz1st

Hey Technolover,

wanna thank you so much for your awesome work. Kernel and the app works great on my mt with Gingerounay 3.0.1 :D

But the new LED notification function does not work perfect at this moment on my phone. I got round about 15 percent battery left. If I change settings in the control app, changes get saved for the moment, but after Reboot it doesn't save the settings and the led is flashing again. (yes, said "save for boot").

Hope so much, to get the 192 MHz GPU Setting back, because I like to increase my battery life. Is it probably possible to set voltages for cpu lower than 750 mV?

With your Kernel and app I got round about 4 to 6 days battery life :wub: 122/768 MHz smartassV2, 245 MHz GPU, Display 35 % , most times only 2G. No calls, no sms, 700-1000 whatsapp messages, 2-3 hours navigation and round about 2 hours angry birds and line runner.

Absolutely great work!

Edited by Xorz1st

Guest TechnoLover
If kernal could have unlocked frame rate it would be a better test.

Not possible, sorry, 53/54 fps are the maximum of our display. If you want to learn more about the display look at the HTC EVO 4G, it has the same display driver.

If I change settings in the control app, changes get saved for the moment, but after Reboot it doesn't save the settings and the led is flashing again. (yes, said "save for boot").

It seems that "Save for boot" is useless, because the led (+ led settings) gets renewed on reboot and on plugging in charger. I have to say, that the charger itself gets enabled after the bootanimation, so there's nothing I can do about for now.

Hope so much, to get the 192 MHz GPU Setting back, because I like to increase my battery life. Is it probably possible to set voltages for cpu lower than 750 mV?

192 MHz isn't working properly, so I had to remove it. No, 750mV is the minimum for the kernel, even if we set it lower, it will be at about 750mV.

Guest almighty15

Not possible, sorry, 53/54 fps are the maximum of our display. If you want to learn more about the display look at the HTC EVO 4G, it has the same display driver.

Then turn V-sync off?