[APP] Liquid MT Control 1.4 (28.03.2012)

Guest TechnoLover

Guest almighty15

already off

Can't be else the frame rate wouldn't be capped.

Just because the screen won't go higher then 54hz refresh doesn't stop the frame rate going way above that with vsync disabled.

Guest TechnoLover

If you don't want to believe that we did our best effort, then just build your own kernel ;)

*~80 Hz refresh rate is btw. the max

Guest Genrix

Can't be else the frame rate wouldn't be capped.

Just because the screen won't go higher then 54hz refresh doesn't stop the frame rate going way above that with vsync disabled.

Well, one thing to draw a frame buffer in graphics accelerator, and another thing to send these frames in a matrix screen. When used swapinterval = 0, the graphics accelerator draws frames without waiting for these frames will be taken from the buffer and sent to the matrix. That is, without feedback. Thus, all the frames do not fit into the matrix and do not appear physically, but in the buffer is overwritten with new frames. Yes, you can get over 200 frames per second. But visually it does not improve anything, in fact, it is even getting worse.

It is an inverse relationship between painting and its frame and limit our sample to the number of frames per second.

We just are not lucky with the matrix and the controller of this matrix. And user HTC 4G too.

But....maybe try to much OC mdp core....to 245mhz....вut I do not think it would help.

Edited by Genrix

Guest sumdumguy

Is there no way to implement the chinese enhanced drivers ?

It was a while since i read the thread about them, but I think they were claiming nennamark2 scores of 50 something?

Guest matty90

Your kernel I works like this:

Rom:CM7.24

kernel: cm1.3a

CPU: 1.6 GHz

Neocore

gpu = 245mhz 34.3fps

gpu = 384mhz 38.2fps

why? ? with the old CM and the old kernel I did 50fps

Guest almighty15

Your kernel I works like this:

Rom:CM7.24

kernel: cm1.3a

CPU: 1.6 GHz

Neocore

gpu = 245mhz 34.3fps

gpu = 384mhz 38.2fps

why? ? with the old CM and the old kernel I did 50fps

CM7 is just a crap rom for graphics performance, I moved back to T&L metal because I was only getting 8fps in Cm7 compared to 30fps+ on T&L

Guest matty90

CM7 is just a crap rom for graphics performance, I moved back to T&L metal because I was only getting 8fps in Cm7 compared to 30fps+ on T&L

also for the MIUI?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest TechnoLover

* Update 1.3

• [ADDED] scheduler control
  • [ADDED] option to delete voltage control, gpu frequency and scheduler on boot
  • [REMOVED] LED Control, Option "Set on Boot", useless until I install a LED service

Guest vidalix

i've just try it... fantasticrolleyes.gif

but the problem with the turn on phone remains...sad.gif

thanks for all your great job!!!

Edited by vidalix

Guest michele p

hi technolover when i set on boot any scheduler when i reboot i have sio as scheduler ...i don't know if is a bug o if is a problem with the last miui(2.3.16 with italian pack)...in the thread of your kernel a user told me that your kernel is not compatible with last miui/cyanogenmod...i had only a problem with wi-fi fixed with last kernel...mmm i'm going off topic sorry :)

Guest Pinguy

More results...

ROM : Lastest T&L Metal

Kernal : Lastest Tchnolover

CPU clock : 1.4Ghz

Benchmark app : NeoCore

GPU 245Mhz - 52.1fps

GPU 297Mhz - 53.0fps

GPU 368Mhz - 53.8fps

GPU 384Mhz - 54.0fps

CPU 1.6Ghz, GPU 384Mhz - 54.0fps

ROM : Lastest T&L Metal

Kernal : Lastest Tchnolover

CPU clock : 1.4Ghz

Benchmark app : Basemark ES 2.0 Taiji

GPU 245Mhz - 16.6fps

GPU 297Mhz - 18.9fps

GPU 368Mhz - 21.1fps

GPU 384Mhz - 21.9fps

CPU 1.6Ghz, GPU 384Mhz - 21.9fps

Over all very mixed results, NeoCore is hitting the frame rate limit so it's not the best benchmark to use, If kernal could have unlocked frame rate it would be a better test.

In basemark the performance stopped increase after 368Mhz but according to basemark online charts a stock Galaxy S2 get's 33fps so our lowly adreno 205 GPU only being 10fps behind is great!!

Techno is might be worth doing a google search for the updated adreno 205 drivers that were relased at december 2011 for a performance boost

The kernel is not the problem.

This is my score with all the setting set to high.

post-970248-0-06164400-1332439059_thumb.

Also remember this isn't a high end phone. It only has a second gen Snapdragon 800Mhz single core CPU.

The GPU drivers you are where on about are here.

Edited by Pinguy

Guest TechnoLover

hi technolover when i set on boot any scheduler when i reboot i have sio as scheduler ...i don't know if is a bug o if is a problem with the last miui(2.3.16 with italian pack)...in the thread of your kernel a user told me that your kernel is not compatible with last miui/cyanogenmod...i had only a problem with wi-fi fixed with last kernel...mmm i'm going off topic sorry :)

it's a bug, thanks ;)

• 1 month later...
Guest delete key

Hi. Help. I undervolted my Liquid Metal and now it won't bootup. I'm running MT Control 1.4, T&L Metal 2.3.6 and Technolovers Kernel edition 1.4c. Yes, I tried running deleteBootUndervolt and it still gets stuck on the technolovers kernel edition screen. Any ideas short of restoring from (an old) backup? Cheers.