MoDaCo is undergoing planned maintenance. Site functionality may be reduced - follow @modaco or @paulobrien on Twitter for updates.

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software
      Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)

CUSTOM ROMS

You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not be hosted directly in topic via the MoDaCo attachment system
      ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)
      ROMs must give full credit to the original author
      This decision has been taken in light of the huge amount of interest in this area of device customisation within the community, and member feedback! Please note that custom ROM discussion should be kept in specific device sub-areas, (e.g. Kaiser.MoDaCo.com for Kaiser based devices). ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact me directly via PM. P
    • Support MoDaCo by signing up to a MoDaCo Silver or Gold membership

To sign up to an annual MoDaCo Silver subscription which will eliminate all ads from the site (as well as giving you access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchens for Android) for only £9.99 using PayPal, Credit or Debit Card, ensure you are logged in to the site, and then click the link below, which will take you directly to the subscription store! You can also sign up to an annual MoDaCo Gold subscription for £29.99, which adds the benefits listed below! PURCHASE A MODACO SUBSCRIPTION - FREE Titanium Backup Mobile for Android worth $5.99! - FREE 1 year PrivateInternetAccess.com worth $39.95! - FREE 1 year LastPass Premium worth $12! - FREE CalcConvert for Pocket PC from Binaryfish worth $17.95! - FREE Calendar Bar for Pocket PC from OmegaOne worth $9.99! - FREE CamerAware for Pocket PC and Smartphone from MoDaCo worth £19.99 / $30! - FREE Chronos for Pocket PC from ActiveKitten worth $14.95! - FREE CodeWallet Pro for Smartphone and Pocket PC from DeveloperOne worth up to $24.95! - FREE Concentrix for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE FlexMail for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE FTouchSL for Pocket PC from Vekoff s.r.o. worth 10 euro / $12.50! - FREE Jewel Challenge for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE John Cody's Alerts Pro for Smartphone from Omnisoft worth $14.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Dutch for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> French for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> German for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Italian for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Spanish for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Dutch for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> French for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> German for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Russian for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Turkish for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE Note2Self for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $19.90! - FREE Opera 8.60 for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Opera Software worth up to $48! - FREE Pocket Informant for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE Pocket Launcher for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Conduits worth $9.95! - FREE PTab for Pocket PC and Smartphone from z4soft worth up to $60! - FREE Resco Explorer for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Resco worth up to $49.90! - FREE Safemode for Pocket PC from monocube worth $12.95 - FREE SplashPhoto for Pocket PC and Smartphone from SplashData worth up to $59.90! - FREE Sprite Backup for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Sprite Software worth $29.95! - FREE Teksoft Glyphs UI for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €9.95! - FREE Teksoft HeadsetRemote for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €4.95! - FREE Traffic Jam for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE unlock (1 per year) from imei-check.co.uk - DISCOUNT of 10% at MoDaCo FairDeal - DISCOUNT of 10% at Semsons.com - FORUM - AD FREE SITE - FORUM - custom rank / title - FORUM - double competition entries - FORUM - double post attachment space - FORUM - no search flood control - FORUM - priority event registration - FORUM - triple PM space
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspensions / ban.

[ROM] Early Days Test CM9 Build

195 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

First things first:

This is almost entirely the work of tilal6991. My contributions are mainly using search/replace, doing a lot of searching, and electricity to feed my computer while it compiles.

Known problems:

Camera doesn't work

Calculator doesn't work

WiFi can be glitchy if allowed to sleep. If you don't set it to allow sleep (settings, wifi, menu - advanced,) you had better get in the habit of switching it off by hand or leaving your phone plugged in at night.

When using international roaming you should always stand within a circle of salt to protect against accidentally summoned demons.

Exciting new horrors to be discovered!

Notes and warnings:

This ROM is big. If you've used a TPT to shrink partitions you're going to have a bad time. Best reset your layout to stock before you try this.

You needn't use a separate gapps zip. Goo Manager can be used once you're up and running.

As it stands the main zip is set up for the SFII. This is because it's what I have, so yah boo sucks to you. :P

If you want to play on a Vivacity you should download the kernel zip below and install it immediately after the ROM. Since I don't have a Vivacity I'm unable to check the touchscreen configuration, but this gives you a *chance* at it being right which has got to be better than last time. ;)

The links:

Rapidshare

update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-blade2-KANG-signed.zip

CM9-kernel-vivacity.zip

Mediafire

update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-blade2-KANG-signed.zip

CM9-kernel-vivacity.zip

Edited by Fuzzra

Is it tilal's latest release?

EDIT: Boo! File not found :(

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Posted · Report post

No. It's mine. Built from source this afternoon. From kernel to apk.

I should mention that I've not included gapps. If they're required, get them from here.

Posted · Report post

Thanks, I'll give this a go and report back, Tilal hasn't given us anything yet, too busy with the Skate and Blade still it seems

Posted · Report post

Well it's much smoother than the previous one I tried but I still can't get google apps to work properly, not even the most recent release, or the one labelled gapps 4.0.1.

Posted · Report post

I was wondering whether you have the device config up on GitHub? And which kernel source and config are you using?

Posted · Report post

This is where I admit to being a total git noob. Just getting an account set up now, and planning to learn how to do commit messages and the like. <.<

As for the kernel, I've been using Tom Giordano's, with a few files hauled into the ICS branch from last weeks zte blade source release to update the mxt224 driver and add in the driver (finally) for the ovm7690 front camera the SFII has.

Posted · Report post

This is where I admit to being a total git noob. Just getting an account set up now, and planning to learn how to do commit messages and the like. <.<

As for the kernel, I've been using Tom Giordano's, with a few files hauled into the ICS branch from last weeks zte blade source release to update the mxt224 driver and add in the driver (finally) for the ovm7690 front camera the SFII has.

Fuzzra, could you redo the overclockable kernel to add the camera back in or is that not possible?

Posted · Report post

I've done one for the girlfriend, but the image from the front camera is flipped vertically at the moment. I'm sure that's fairly simple to fix, but it'll only be any good for gingerbread roms as it stands. I'll have a poke at it later on when my machine doesn't sound like a helicopter and provide most of the heating for the flat.

so ive been really interested in the cm9 development and having been running the other version for a few days,

This one seems to have fixed a few problems and also seems a lot more stable.

Heres a small list of what ive found.

Home button now working

touch screen tacking seems ok

calender now ok

Gallery now working

phone & messaging is all good

Wifi is fine

Overclocking seems to be working up to 1036mhz

testing 902mhz with smartassv2

@ 18:40 setting cpu to 1036mhz locks the phone almost instantly

Camera not working

calculator not working

Probably other things but only had a little while to play.

If anyone is having trouble with the Gapps I can upload the file ive been using as I havent had a problem as yet.

UPLOADED BELOW:

gapps-ics-4.0.1-small.zip

Edited by jasonleeds

Posted · Report post

The home button and about 10mm of the right hand screen don't work on my vivacity I assume you have a San Fran?

Bloody cool to have a play with though! Thanks.

Posted · Report post

The home button and about 10mm of the right hand screen don't work on my vivacity I assume you have a San Fran?

Yea sorry forgot to mention ...I have a San Fran 2

If anyone is having trouble with the Gapps I can upload the file ive been using as I havent had a problem as yet.

UPLOADED BELOW:

gapps-ics-4.0.1-small.zip

I tried flashing that and still coudln't get signed in, nothing comes up in account for google and if I choose gmail from the apps list, it opens and closes instantly.

How did you flash yours?

I cleared all caches and formatted the system partition, then flashed the rom, rebooted, left the phone to sit for 5 minutes, used rom manager to fix all permissions, rebooted, flashed the gapps then rebooted. No joy :(

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Posted · Report post

I flashed mine all in one go.

Wiped old rom, data etc.

flashed new one,

Installed Gapps

Wiped data/cache

Then Rebooted.

Same process ive used for this and the previous CM9 rom, had no problems.

Hope this works dude

K, thx, I'll give that a go.

EDIT: OK, I've got signed into google, gmail comes up but I don't have a market shortcut in my apps and no market widget, are you able to get your google apps installed? If so, how?

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Posted · Report post

I did have this once,..to be honest i cant remember what I did..

Was this a totally clean install? did you use the step by step thing when you first boot or did you skip it and do it later?

Ive been using this initial step by step and its worked ok...got no mobile data at the mo and it does ask for wifi info to get started...I know some old roms wouldnt allow you to do this until your properly into android.

glad this kindda helped.

On another point:

Been using this for a few hours now and using 902mhz + savagedzen seems quite stable and fast. also turned off surface dithering.

Posted · Report post

I did the install as you suggested, when I first booted I didn't see the google setup wizard, I had to add my account details under the account section of settings.

Just tried doing the same procedure with the latest gapps build, I didn't even get google listed in the accounts section.

Something tells me we're not going to get any joy until summertime. :(

Posted · Report post

I did the install as you suggested, when I first booted I didn't see the google setup wizard, I had to add my account details under the account section of settings.

Just tried doing the same procedure with the latest gapps build, I didn't even get google listed in the accounts section.

Something tells me we're not going to get any joy until summertime. :(

How big is your system partition? Seems like your device doesn't have enough room for both CM9 and the gapps.

Posted · Report post

How big is your system partition? Seems like your device doesn't have enough room for both CM9 and the gapps.

Might be a point I think mines 256mb

IIIII...have no idea :)

How do I change the sizes? Do I use clockwork?

I did use the TPTs posted on this forum, I don't see one which has that size of system partition.

Just noticed TPT Helper lets you make your own TPT, I presume that's how you did it? (Although it doesn't seem to work)

...I'll stop talking to myself then and wait.... :)

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Look forward to testing these builds if that gets sorted :)

P.S Tune in tomorrow to find out what happens next in "PsYcHoKiLLa gapps diaries" ;P

Edited by MCZQ

Posted · Report post

:(

No one will tell me how to get the bigger TPT , I have lots of spam e-mails telling me how to get another bigger partition but that doesn't help.

Waaaaahhh!!

Posted · Report post

On tital's cm9 thread they mention using TPT Helper to do that psych.

Yeah I tried choosing "Create Your Own TPT" in Amphoras's TPT Helper, it doesn't do anything...at all.

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Posted · Report post

I had to redo mine so it would fit too. Using the handset update tool to revert it to stock resets the partition layout. Run that through, once it's up and running use fastboot to sling cwm recovery back over, and away you go.