[ROM] Early Days Test CM9 Build

Guest Fuzzra

Guest Dazzozo

What I'll do is I'll fork Tom G's kernel and give you write permissions.

Got it chief. :P

Edit: Damn! It was so promising - the wifi module came out around the same size as fuzzra's and it all compiled first time, but nothing. :(

Edit 2: The number has changed, its now 309... not sure if that means anything.

E/WifiStateMachine( 309): Failed to load driver!

E/WifiStateMachine( 309): DriverFailedState

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

Was this log taken as soon as you tried to switch on wifi?

Not really sure how to time it. dmesg ends pretty quickly and wifi snaps off instantly after I attempt to turn it on.

Edit: here's another, I've enabled wifi a few times in the coverage of this log: http://pastebin.com/NpdXidsG

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest domenico lamberti

how is this going guys, i wish i was a dev so that i could help y'all out,i just feel useless not being able to develop,and all the bugs from the last release seem to be known so you cant really do bug reports either, you guys are keeping the crescent forum open, well done

Guest Dazzozo

how is this going guys, i wish i was a dev so that i could help y'all out,i just feel useless not being able to develop,and all the bugs from the last release seem to be known so you cant really do bug reports either, you guys are keeping the crescent forum open, well done

Fixing a wifi issue that's manifested itself and then we'll have a build out with the Adreno drivers.

Taken a logcat of startup: D/DHCP ( 231): failed to set ip addr for wlan0 to 0.0.0.0: No such device

Looking for more...

E/CommandListener( 221): Failed to open /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/wlan0/disable_ipv6: No such file or directory

E/WifiStateMachine( 311): Failed to disable IPv6: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to communicate to native daemon for disabling ipv6

I/WifiService( 311): WifiService starting up with Wi-Fi enabled

E/WifiStateMachine( 311): Failed to load driver!

E/WifiStateMachine( 311): DriverFailedState

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest domenico lamberti

hey man atleast progress is being made, be proud of yourself, you are maintaining one of the few ROM's for the crescent

Guest Dazzozo

Interestingly: insmod: init_module 'dhd.ko' failed (Invalid argument)

Edit: Returning to CM7 for a bit. Hit me up with any CM9 wifi suggestions - I've got backups of both roms for quick hopping.

Edit 2: CM7 - camera seems very verbose which will help with sorting out the "rear or nothing" issue. Wifi is a bit weird - it now claims to turn on but doesn't actually function, I have some leads, I'll chase them up in the morning.

CM9 - still hoping for some assistance with what I believe to be the wifi module I'm afraid.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

Trying to build on the new changes before I upload, but...

build/core/dynamic_binary.mk:39: *** device/zte/common/libaudio: LOCAL_MODULE not defined before call to local-intermediates-dir. Stop.

I can't see anything related to this in my device config and so I have no idea what's causing it. :(

Edit: Going to work on the Vivacity kernel while hopefully tilal saves the day again :lol:

Edit 2: Vivacity kernel works - used my highly scientific "P" test - you press "O" and get "P", and you know it's a Vivacity kernel.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

I broke common I think. I'll fix it tonight.

Got it. I'll start a new thread when the build is ready and hopefully you can save our Wifi. :P

Guest Dazzozo

Common repo should now be fixed.

No such success here: build/core/shared_library.mk:17: *** device/zte/common/libaudio: Illegal use of OVERRIDE_BUILT_MODULE_PATH. Stop.

Guest Dazzozo

Should now be fixed.

Yep, you da man! :P

Compiling now, I'll post in here once I've got the build up and made the new thread.

Had to slipstream some sound libraries in to the ROM to actually have sound, and a friend is also suffering from the same on the Blade ROM, going for a quick test...

Edit: Yeah, that works. Libraries such as hw/audio.primary.blade2.so are missing from compilation and I'm guessing this is the same for the Blade ROM released last night. Slipstreamed them in and resigned the zip, all works good (besides Wifi obviously). Going live when I've uploaded the ROM and written the post.

Edited by Dazzozo