MoDaCo is undergoing planned maintenance. Site functionality may be reduced - follow @modaco or @paulobrien on Twitter for updates.

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software
      Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)

CUSTOM ROMS

You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not be hosted directly in topic via the MoDaCo attachment system
      ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)
      ROMs must give full credit to the original author
      This decision has been taken in light of the huge amount of interest in this area of device customisation within the community, and member feedback! Please note that custom ROM discussion should be kept in specific device sub-areas, (e.g. Kaiser.MoDaCo.com for Kaiser based devices). ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact me directly via PM. P
    • Support MoDaCo by signing up to a MoDaCo Silver or Gold membership

To sign up to an annual MoDaCo Silver subscription which will eliminate all ads from the site (as well as giving you access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchens for Android) for only £9.99 using PayPal, Credit or Debit Card, ensure you are logged in to the site, and then click the link below, which will take you directly to the subscription store! You can also sign up to an annual MoDaCo Gold subscription for £29.99, which adds the benefits listed below! PURCHASE A MODACO SUBSCRIPTION - FREE Titanium Backup Mobile for Android worth $5.99! - FREE 1 year PrivateInternetAccess.com worth $39.95! - FREE 1 year LastPass Premium worth $12! - FREE CalcConvert for Pocket PC from Binaryfish worth $17.95! - FREE Calendar Bar for Pocket PC from OmegaOne worth $9.99! - FREE CamerAware for Pocket PC and Smartphone from MoDaCo worth £19.99 / $30! - FREE Chronos for Pocket PC from ActiveKitten worth $14.95! - FREE CodeWallet Pro for Smartphone and Pocket PC from DeveloperOne worth up to $24.95! - FREE Concentrix for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE FlexMail for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE FTouchSL for Pocket PC from Vekoff s.r.o. worth 10 euro / $12.50! - FREE Jewel Challenge for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE John Cody's Alerts Pro for Smartphone from Omnisoft worth $14.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Dutch for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> French for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> German for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Italian for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Spanish for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Dutch for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> French for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> German for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Russian for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Turkish for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE Note2Self for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $19.90! - FREE Opera 8.60 for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Opera Software worth up to $48! - FREE Pocket Informant for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE Pocket Launcher for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Conduits worth $9.95! - FREE PTab for Pocket PC and Smartphone from z4soft worth up to $60! - FREE Resco Explorer for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Resco worth up to $49.90! - FREE Safemode for Pocket PC from monocube worth $12.95 - FREE SplashPhoto for Pocket PC and Smartphone from SplashData worth up to $59.90! - FREE Sprite Backup for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Sprite Software worth $29.95! - FREE Teksoft Glyphs UI for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €9.95! - FREE Teksoft HeadsetRemote for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €4.95! - FREE Traffic Jam for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE unlock (1 per year) from imei-check.co.uk - DISCOUNT of 10% at MoDaCo FairDeal - DISCOUNT of 10% at Semsons.com - FORUM - AD FREE SITE - FORUM - custom rank / title - FORUM - double competition entries - FORUM - double post attachment space - FORUM - no search flood control - FORUM - priority event registration - FORUM - triple PM space
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspensions / ban.

What Touchscreen firmware do you have and do you have touchscreen issuses?

36 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Have you had any of these issue’s (on any rom) with your touchscreen. phantom touches, double touches or dead area's (excluding in-sensitivity at top and bottom of the screen)

Hi, Can you answer this poll for me. It may help us get better performance from our touchscreens. :)
I am trying to compile a list of the different touchscreen firmware’s and config files that are out there to see if this is effecting operation of some touchscreens. These files are stored on the touchscreen controller so they are not changed when flashing roms. I have so far found three different versions of the firmware and config files, they are

Firmware version 1.7.20.21
Config version 1.7.5.14

Firmware version 1.7.0.18
Config version 1.7.5.8

Firmware version 99.4.8.0
Config version 99.4.248.127

These are the ones I have found, if you have different firmware and config files please don’t answer the poll, instead PM me the file numbers you have and I will change the poll to include your version.

To find out what version you have you will need to use this touchscreen calibration app.
http://www.tabletroms.com/forums/attachments/vega-frequently-asked-questions/610d1315327236-how-do-i-fix-my-vega-touch-screen-became-unresponsive-buggy-moduleap.apk
In this calibration app select Get firmware version and a box will pop up with the Firmware and config file version numbers.
Unfortunately this calibration app only works in andriod 2.2 (I havn't tried it with 2.3) so if you are running Vegacomb or ICS then you will need to backup and install the stock rom (or moddedstock). I realise this is a pain but you will be helping others and we may even get better firmware for everyone. Corvus5 users can use the calibration app that comes with corvus5 as it will get the same info.
Thanks
Richard B) Edited by richardmlea

Posted · Report post

[quote name='richardmlea' timestamp='1330660930' post='1910552']
Have you had any of these issue’s (on any rom) with your touchscreen. phantom touches, double touches or dead area's (excluding in-sensitivity at top and bottom of the screen)

Hi, Can you answer this poll for me. It may help us get better performance from our touchscreens. :)
I am trying to compile a list of the different touchscreen firmware’s and config files that are out there to see if this is effecting operation of some touchscreens. These files are stored on the touchscreen controller so they are not changed when flashing roms. I have so far found three different versions of the firmware and config files, they are

Firmware version 1.7.20.21
Config version 1.7.5.14

Config version 1.7.5.8

Firmware version 99.4.8.0
Config version 99.4.248.127

These are the ones I have found, if you have different firmware and config files please don’t answer the poll, instead PM me the file numbers you have and I will change the poll to include your version.

To find out what version you have you will need to use this touchscreen calibration app.
In this calibration app select Get firmware version and a box will pop up with the Firmware and config file version numbers.
Unfortunately this calibration app only works in andriod 2.2 (I havn't tried it with 2.3) so if you are running Vegacomb or ICS then you will need to backup and install the stock rom (or moddedstock). I realise this is a pain but you will be helping others and we may even get better firmware for everyone.
Thanks
Richard B)
[/quote]

Can you add the link to the app to the poll and also post this on TabletRoms ? you dont seem to be getting a response here !
I answerd my response your initial post in the kernel thread .. but needless to say i have none of those fw versions ;)

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Cass67' timestamp='1330984286' post='1912480']
Can you add the link to the app to the poll and also post this on TabletRoms ? you dont seem to be getting a response here !
I answerd my response your initial post in the kernel thread .. but needless to say i have none of those fw versions ;)
[/quote]
I have just updated the op with the download link, that was stupid of me. I will also put a post on XDA asking for people to answer.
Cheers cass

[quote name='richardmlea' timestamp='1330998965' post='1912538']
I have just updated the op with the download link, that was stupid of me. I will also put a post on XDA asking for people to answer.
Cheers cass
[/quote]

Config version 1.7.5.8

Thats me ;) seems this app needs the 2.x rom to work ... Edited by Cass67

Errr what does this mean?

Firmware version 0.0.0.0

Config Version 0.0.0.0

I have no problems with Vega comb or any stock Rom but have had tons of problems with VegaICS and HoneyIce.

Oh yes and its a Advent Vega Edited by TheDatabug

Posted · Report post

[quote name='TheDatabug' timestamp='1331075865' post='1913020']
Errr what does this mean?

Firmware version 0.0.0.0

Config Version 0.0.0.0

I have no problems with Vega comb or any stock Rom but have had tons of problems with VegaICS and HoneyIce.

Oh yes and its a Advent Vega
[/quote]
Are you using the stock rom to run the calibration tool? it only work under android 2.2.

Posted · Report post

I'll check mine tonight.. The screen has always been better with Corvus5 than any other rom. Particually at the top..

Posted · Report post

[quote name='richardmlea' timestamp='1331076482' post='1913023']
Are you using the stock rom to run the calibration tool? it only work under android 2.2.
[/quote]

ah I see. No I have vegacomb installed presently. Am a bit loathed to reset everything just to check the screen. But next time I attempt a flash I will check.

HI Richard

Advent Vega replaced Feb 2012 by PC World for non-functioning Touchscreen.

Firmware: 1.7.20.21

Config Version: 1.7.5.14

Oldbarzo Edit: currently getting weird freezing when using Tapatalk , Gmail and Browser and some games. In middle of either typing or scrolling through items the screèn just freezes and requires a reboot to get out of it. Sometimes if I constantly hold the back button and operate the start button on and off without shutting the Vega down it will recover but most times it needs to be shut down and then rebooted. Only started happening with Beta 1. Edited by Oldbarzo

Posted · Report post

Running Firmware Version 1.7.20.21
Config version 1.7.5.14

touchy screen on all roms and after hairdryer trick but was originally dead
I have 8 units this is results from my main test unit as requested an TR

Posted · Report post

Does anyone have all the firmware files for the various touchscreens and i will try and flash the different versions to the ic,I have a few units so can try on all of them but will be using 1 main test unit

1.7.0.5 and 1.7.0.15

so none of the options Edited by sjrixon

Posted · Report post

[quote name='sjrixon' timestamp='1331236788' post='1914130']
1.7.0.5 and 1.7.0.15

so none of the options
[/quote]

same here

Posted · Report post

sjrixon and ss23,
That firmware is the same as the one on the updated model (A19) of the touchscreen. Are they replacements or are they original? If they are original then maybe some vegas have the A19 version, I thought all vegas had the 101h11a1 version. If they have that firmware and are the 101h11a1 version then it means the firmware is interchangeable (good to know).

Posted · Report post

Mine is actually the original one, and I bought it in Dec 2010! I was having sensitivity issues though and tried installing the Viewsonic 1.10 firmware which has now updated my touchscreen to firmware version 1.7.0.20 and config version 1.7.0.12 but im still having problems.

Trying this solution now: [url="http://android.modaco.com/topic/352220-how-to-fix-touch-problemadvent-vega-p10-10s/"]http://android.modaco.com/topic/352220-how-to-fix-touch-problemadvent-vega-p10-10s/[/url]

Posted · Report post

[quote name='ss23' timestamp='1331379281' post='1915012']
Mine is actually the original one, and I bought it in Dec 2010! I was having sensitivity issues though and tried installing the Viewsonic 1.10 firmware which has now updated my touchscreen to firmware version 1.7.0.20 and config version 1.7.0.12 but im still having problems.

Trying this solution now: [url="http://android.modaco.com/topic/352220-how-to-fix-touch-problemadvent-vega-p10-10s/"]http://android.modac...t-vega-p10-10s/[/url]
[/quote]

I have the same versions, having touch screen problems with recent roms /vegaics and honeyice, starting rc 3

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Red Dawn' timestamp='1331389436' post='1915093']
I have the same versions, having touch screen problems with recent roms /vegaics and honeyice, starting rc 3
[/quote]
Have you tried this fix http://android.modaco.com/topic/352220-how-to-fix-touch-problemadvent-vega-p10-10s/
Has worked for me (see thread for details).

Posted · Report post

[quote name='richardmlea' timestamp='1331371005' post='1914951']
sjrixon and ss23,
That firmware is the same as the one on the updated model (A19) of the touchscreen. Are they replacements or are they original? If they are original then maybe some vegas have the A19 version, I thought all vegas had the 101h11a1 version. If they have that firmware and are the 101h11a1 version then it means the firmware is interchangeable (good to know).
[/quote]

Mine was an ebay purchase.. So I don't know it's history..

Posted · Report post

[quote name='richardmlea' timestamp='1331424104' post='1915382']
Have you tried this fix [url="http://android.modaco.com/topic/352220-how-to-fix-touch-problemadvent-vega-p10-10s/"]http://android.modac...t-vega-p10-10s/[/url]
Has worked for me (see thread for details).
[/quote]

Did that and now my touchscreens even worse!

On the previous firmware I was getting problems on the normal Honey Ice editions and used to get oversensitivity issues near the [b]outer edges[/b] of the screen, although I could use 3.2.7 Vintage with no screen issues.

Now, my screen is oversensitive in the [b]middle[/b] and fine on the outer edges! Even on Vintage!

I really hope Eduardo can successfully alter the firmware of these touchscreens :(

That fix should not change the firmware. what firmware are you on now? I can send you the latest factory firmware for the 10s. Version fw-1.7.0.20 cv-1.7.5.11.
PM me if you want it. Edited by richardmlea

Posted · Report post

Does anyone know where i can download Firmwares for my Vega screen? Currently running 99.4.8.0.
I cant touch my screen anywhere, i can just about use a mouse but its hard, like im moving the mouse in the opposite direction of the pointer,

was working fine until i flashed ics beta 1(patched) and i didnt like it so i tried going back to vegacomb, flashed modded stock v2 and couldnt get passed the language selection, since then ive flashed chimera, corvus moddedstock v1 , v2, The screen calibration rom and the stock rom, and my screen isnt working, ive managed to run the calibration and nothing. so i guess the next step is to try firmware upgrade?currently running corvus, Any help would be great!
Thanks

Sean

Posted · Report post

[quote name='vegadude' timestamp='1332408825' post='1921610']
Does anyone know where i can download Firmwares for my Vega screen? Currently running 99.4.8.0.
I cant touch my screen anywhere, i can just about use a mouse but its hard, like im moving the mouse in the opposite direction of the pointer,

was working fine until i flashed ics beta 1(patched) and i didnt like it so i tried going back to vegacomb, flashed modded stock v2 and couldnt get passed the language selection, since then ive flashed chimera, corvus moddedstock v1 , v2, The screen calibration rom and the stock rom, and my screen isnt working, ive managed to run the calibration and nothing. so i guess the next step is to try firmware upgrade?currently running corvus, Any help would be great!
Thanks

Sean
[/quote]

That is very confusing???? No rom should change your TS firmware unless it includes a program that runs after flashing the rom on first boot (no vega rom that I know has this not even the factory test rom). The nv flash process used to install roms cant directly flash the TS controller as its on a separate IC on the touchscreen ribbon.
That firmware version is on 4 touchscreens that I got off a Chinese reseller on ebay. They dont work and wont take firmware (or the firmware I have). After 2 weeks of trying to get firmware on them and conversing with loads of people including a shuttle engineer I came to the conclusion (mostly because of what the shuttle engineer told me) that the IC's are faulty.
What has happened to yours kind of backs that up. Sorry :(
I can send you the firmware I have but I don’t think it will upload as it wont on the ones I have.

Posted · Report post

Mmmm. Same thing happened to me trying to upgrade from chimera to vegacream beta2. Can't be a coincidence, surely? Did you manage to recover your touchscreen?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='gazidoc' timestamp='1337961327' post='1959974']
Mmmm. Same thing happened to me trying to upgrade from chimera to vegacream beta2. Can't be a coincidence, surely? Did you manage to recover your touchscreen?
[/quote]

Almost exactly the same with me, upgraded from older version of Vegacream to later version, and touchscreen is dead. Tried all the calibration tricks but it's completely gone. Unfortunately I can't get a mouse to work in the usb to check firmware of the screen.

Posted · Report post

Progress today, after recommendation to download the POV rom with usb host enabled, and calibration utility. This worked with a mouse, and I don't have the dead firmware. Calibrated and now downloading/installing Vegacream again to see if touchscreen comes back.