[ROM][ZTE Skate][Blade Port] Swedish Snow RLS7 (13/Apr/2012)

Guest C3C0

Looked at Dolby and must say that it is very hard to integrate since it requires quite drastic bluetooth changes in framework due to different functionality in native libandoid_runtime library that is required for dolby. I was trying to quickly make some bluetooth changes in framework but it seems to be it's not enough what I've done - it needs more time and deeper investigation. I have the version with dolby working and with Bluetooth that can be turned on/off but file transfer is broken and maybe also other thigs like bluetooth headset, etc (haven't tested).

I would be able to release very experimental addon with dolby for those who like to experiment... but with bluetooth broken for now.

Guest creedence

Hi C3C0

Did I understand correctly? Without Dolby, the Bluetooth is working properly, right?

I am truck driver and I need the BT. Thank you

Cheers

Guest timfimjim

Some experiences about the new rom.? Somebody.?

Yep it's all good :D

Not noticed much change, but then again there wasn't much need for change.

Very stable, all the modifications and add-ons work very well.

Hey guys,

thank you for porting swediish snow to the skate!

I have got a problem with wifi on my skate with the firmware.

What I did:

- bootet to cwm 4.0.1.4

- wipe data

- wipe cache

- wipe dalvik cache

- installl zip from ROM_ZTESkate_SwedishSnow_RLS7.zip

- reboot system now

Whenever I activate wifi the message

"Your phone doesn't write MAC address. Please confirm!" comes up.

When I enter my wifi settings... it's trying to connect but it doesn't work.

An in the settings --> phone info

wifi-mac: "11:22:33:44:55:66"

So there is a bug with the wifi.

I tried editing /system/etc/nv_4319.txt ... like in the following tutorial, but it didn't help. It changed the mac adress successfull but I still can't connect to my accesspoint.

http://android.modac...p/page__st__220

PS: after a restart wlan does work.. But I still get the errormessage

"Your phone doesn't write MAC address. Please confirm!"

Best regards,

Arthur

Edited by 8200

Guest inox_od

Installed this ROM yesterday and I like it! Great work!

But after installing circle battery mod (or it was from the beginning like that) I have a bug that is shown in the screenshot:

post-965719-0-48389000-1335213358_thumb.

As you can see in application details I can't see any of sizes that app is consuming on device (they must be located inside the red box)

If this bug will be fixed this would be the greatest rom i've ever used on skate! Thanks in advance!

Edited by inox_od

Guest KonstaT

Installed this ROM yesterday and I like it! Great work!

But after installing circle battery mod (or it was from the beginning like that) I have a bug that is shown in the screenshot:

post-965719-0-48389000-1335213358_thumb.

As you can see in application details I can't see any of sizes that app is consuming on device (they must be located inside the red box)

If this bug will be fixed this would be the greatest rom i've ever used on skate! Thanks in advance!

Select different language. ;)

RLS7 is the final release and since this was never reported before, it remained unfixed. There was previously similar issue on portuguese-brazilian locale and it's easy to fix on russian too. Decompile /system/framework/framework-res.apk with apktool. Edit /res/values-ru/strings.xml. Change:

<string name="petabyteShort">ПБ</string>
<string name="fileSizeSuffix">"
%1$s %2$s"</string>[/code] to
[code]
<string name="fileSizeSuffix">"%1$s %2$s"</string>

It's because of that excess line change. Compile, sign with test key and push new framework-res.apk to phone.

Guest inox_od

Select different language. ;)

RLS7 is the final release and since this was never reported before, it remained unfixed. There was previously similar issue on portuguese-brazilian locale and it's easy to fix on russian too. Decompile /system/framework/framework-res.apk with apktool. Edit /res/values-ru/strings.xml. Change:

<string name="fileSizeSuffix">"

%1$s %2$s"</string>
to

<string name="fileSizeSuffix">"%1$s %2$s"</string>

It's because of that excess line change. Compile, sign with test key and push new framework-res.apk to phone.

OK, I've changed the file, built the new apk and signed it with some test key.

Pushed to the phone via adb, but now it can't even boot up to show text android logo. It stops at green android logo.

Guest tillaz

OK, I've changed the file, built the new apk and signed it with some test key.

Pushed to the phone via adb, but now it can't even boot up to show text android logo. It stops at green android logo.

try again without signing it

Hmm looks like post editing doesn't work with new modaco interface. Just wanted to say that I will not be able to release russian patch today. Sorry.

Guest inox_od

Never mind, I've done it already! Thanks for instructions!

I've corrected "fileSizeSuffix" for Russian and Ukrainian language.

Here it is.

apk is signed with the test key. I only don't know how to make flashable zip from it.

Also I've noticed that after applying this mod sizes of downloading apps in the market became fully visible.

Edited by inox_od

Guest lakicamm

A friend of mine bought orange monte carlo, and since i'm a blade user, i flashed his phone with ported swedish snow 7 in this order:

- tpt for repartitioning (150 system, 255 user, 35 cache)

- installed swedish snow 7

- partitioned sd card for ext partiotion/as2d for applications

everything works just fine, but after few days he called me to tell me that his mobile network is just terrible... on many places he doesnt have reception at all, and if he has it, its minimal.

so, my question is, is there something about the radio that i didnt do? i have to say that he had very good network with original orange rom.

any help is appreciated :)

Guest lakicamm

ok, i found a solution, if anyone is experiencing the same problem:

in settings/wireless & networks/mobile networks/network mode choose "gsm only" and voila, network signal is good again :)

Guest inox_od

I've found another visual glitch, now in lockscreen.

Here is the photo:

post-965719-0-71565300-1335867962_thumb.

As you can see unlocking slide gets almost the same color as the text on it so the text is not visible actually. This also concerns 'sound off' slide.

I think there is some string in some apk that needs a simple edit to get it working properly.

Who can help?

Thanks in advance!

Guest KonstaT

I've found another visual glitch, now in lockscreen.

As you can see unlocking slide gets almost the same color as the text on it so the text is not visible actually. This also concerns 'sound off' slide.

I think there is some string in some apk that needs a simple edit to get it working properly.

Who can help?

Thanks in advance!

Decompiling/compiling framework-res.apk breaks some of the graphics in ZTE stock ROMs - lockscreen sliders for example. You can copy the the original lockscreen slider images from the original framework-res.apk (/res/drawable-hdpi/jog_tab_*.png) to your new modified framework-res.apk using any common ziptool. There are few other things too and it is easier for you to just copy the resources.arsc from your new modified framework-res.apk to the original framework-res.apk. This will preserve the original graphics but you'll also have the changes that you made to the xml strings.