[CM9] Cyanogenmod 9 for LiquidA1/LiquidE

Guest thepasto

Guest thepasto

The link to download Gapps doesn't work. I really need it to recover my phone numbers from my google account.

And another issue i can't get data network to work.

Besides of that tis rom is very good.

Edit: Ok link works now I've downloaded the gapps only problem now is that is seems that I am unable to enable my device as usb storage , it says that it is connected but it doesn't show up.

So that makes me unable to put the gapps file on my sd card to flash it.

Edit: usb storage works only on my pc not on my mac

It's not usb storage... It's mtp device now. So you need to find how to use mtp-device with mac

Gapps link is broken.. Not my falut :) server seems down

Read advices section on first post will help you to get data working

But I think I can do a backup of liquidnext from cw recovery. Or not. When the downloads finish I will try.

Yeah you can it's a normal recovery :)

Posted Today, 04:07 PM

Only a quick question: is flashing new kernel over old ev.36 dangerous/

unadvisable for some reason? Will try new rom on my A1 the soonest. Thanks a

lot to all devs!!!! ,

Posted on other thread and saw Romzes asked deleting all thread, so here i go. Sorry for the inconvenience!

You can't flash this kernel in other rom.. Sorry :P

Guest styjp

Im on A1.. I have finally managed to partition the sd.. Do i have to download the apps2sd script to enable swap? Is apps2sd the same as a2sd?rolleyes.gif I have never used these before and don't know how to use them eithet.. If I need to install the apps2sd script how do i do it? tongue.gif

Guest thepasto

testing it, and first of all: I'm really impressed with the fluidity on the old A1... you guys are amazing, I'd never have thought that ICS would run so well on this old device.

Secondly: can anyone explain to me how to use the ext partition for apps? I never did it, and since I created one with recovery might as well use it... I installed the a2sd script from recovery but ICS still tells me I have only 135mb of space for the apps. Also, are there any disadvantages if I use ext partition for apps? Because I can live without it if it creates problems...

here's a link to dta2sd script you can find how it works. You can use link2sd from market too..

After the rom , must I flash the app2sd script ?? My Liquid A1 stop in boot animation :(

Please guys read first post before posting..

to enable swap you need to install a2sd script.

BootLoop on first Boot: It's a common problem on a1 (256mb ram) device. To solve just be sure you've enabled SWAP. Boot rom with opengl enabled requires a big amount of ram. After boot you should have about 50mb free ram. So it's really needed only to boot your device.

Enable SWAP: Install a2sd script it's an easy way to get it working.

Guest Master_T

Just a warning for you guys: do NOT use the internal overclocking tool set to "set on boot" in conjunction with Incredicontrol. It kicks in way sooner than incredicontrol, and the device will freeze seconds after the lockscreen appears... better use incredicontrol+setcpu

Guest Sn0w0nS

It's not usb storage... It's mtp device now. So you need to find how to use mtp-device with mac

Gapps link is broken.. Not my falut :) server seems down

Read advices section on first post will help you to get data working

Thank you for your quick response, I've already turned on airplane mode and turned it off but it doesn't help, can't get network data to work.

also when I turn on airplane mode my phone reboots.

Edit: what is mtp?

Edited by Sn0w0nS

Guest Ma7moud

thanks to everyone in the team for their work, its great

i just want to ask something, is there a way to get the music player from the alpha rom ? i really liked that one tongue.gif

if no then i guess i'm going back to winamp tongue.gif

there is nothing else to complain about biggrin.gif

Guest cliclicli

d'ho! can't mount my sd on clockwork.... i have patitioned my sd....and if i go to mount tis is the error " unable to open ums lunfile" no such file or directory...d'ho! i can't copy the rom for flash...heahehehaeh

Edited by cliclicli

Guest thepasto

Thank you for your quick response, I've already turned on airplane mode and turned it off but it doesn't help, can't get network data to work.

also when I turn on airplane mode my phone reboots.

Edit: what is mtp?

ok. Try this thing.

open with root explorer your build.prop file you should find a line like this:

ro.telephony.ril.v3=skipbrokendatacall,signalstrength,datacall
edit it, removing datacall parameter. so it should be like this:
ro.telephony.ril.v3=skipbrokendatacall,signalstrength

save your build.prop and reboot. Hope your data works then.

about mtp it's media transfer protocol used on some mp3 device. It's a new standard for android device like honeycomb and ics devices. You can manage your sdcard content without umount it from android.

Edited by thepasto

Guest Sn0w0nS

ok. Try this thing.

open with root explorer your build.prop file you should find a line like this:

ro.telephony.ril.v3=skipbrokendatacall,signalstrength,datacall
edit it, removing datacall parameter. so it should be like this:
ro.telephony.ril.v3=skipbrokendatacall,signalstrength

save your build.prop and reboot. Hope your data works then.

about mtp it's media transfer protocol used on some mp3 device. It's a new standard for android device like honeycomb and ics devices. You can manage your sdcard content without umount it from android.

Thank you so much this fixed it!

You are my hero!!

Guest siggey

I advise the A1 owners to use the a2sd script from first post, not the one from darktremor xda post.

EDIT: IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GREAT WORK GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT2: AND IT IS FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by siggey

Guest ratix star

I have the same problem with data. But i can't find the build.prop file. Can you help me? Thanks

Edit: i found it in system.

Edited by ratix star

Guest Rajit

I'll be getting an HTC One X when it launches and my beloved liquid will become my secondary phone.

It will be nice to have ICS on both of them. :-)

Great work fellas! You truly rock!!! :D

Guest bildr

The strange thing is that i've taken the 512MB files fore the liquid E, but i find strange that in the info i see the name A1 for the model of the phone.

Guest thepasto

The strange thing is that i've taken the 512MB files fore the liquid E, but i find strange that in the info i see the name A1 for the model of the phone.

Infos are the same, don't think it's important to show differences in phone info. The changes are in build.prop and sysctl.conf, to manage vm and swap. nothing more

how can i get adb to work ? its not working for me

adb is working fine for me (linux and w7). Maybe you have to install acer drivers or acer sync