How to fix touch problem(advent vega, P10, 10S)

Guest alexzhou

Guest alexzhou

I get one best way to fix the touch problem.

the following link is one factory 2.2 ROM that can help you fix.

http://www.adrive.com/public/Qzd7Yw.html ( P10_image_20110411_v1.10.4_std_dev.exe )

Just 14days for share on this web

Flash it on Nvflash mode.

after install, open P10. take out usb cable and charger. when the red word windows is coming, press "back".

and wait, don't touch until the language select windows is coming.

then you will find the touch problem is fixed.

if have problem still. or you want to use it without problem on futrue.

then install recovery. and run recovery, select " mount & storage-----format boot, format cache, format system, format data", power off.

reinstall P10_image_20110411_v1.10.4_std_dev.exe.

after do it. then you can install any other ROM without touch problem.

for some p10, need reinstall P10_image_20110411_v1.10.4_std_dev.exe 3~5times to fix.

Hope it can help you!

Edited by alexzhou

Guest richardmlea

I did this today a about 9am on a vega with a re-occouring fault. The touchscreen works normally on stock roms but the touchscreen goes dead at the top after a few hours running honycomb or ics. This is a fault I have seen on several touchscreens and loads of people have the same issue.

It is now 15 hours later and it is still working perfectly, for now anyway. It has been on all day (on charge) running a 15 hour youtube video :blink: I will continue to test.

I just went and did all the steps first time including wiping data/cache ect. In cwm restore and then installed your rom and calibrated and then installed ics.

Thanks alex

P.S. do you work for shuttle? I ask because that looks like a testing rom.

Guest alexzhou

if you want to install other rom. you must go to recovery---mount & storage---Format data, cache, boot, system---then reinstall this 0411 rom. and then reinstall ics or vegacomb. will work fine. i had fixed more by this way

Guest Oldbarzo

Hi

I have just tried this as I have been getting Screen Freezing while using ICS Beta 1.

Freezes occur during the use of any app or when using email and the browser.

Hoping this will cure it. Currently re-installing ICS Beta 1.

Oldbarzo Edit: Have now been running ICS Beta 1 now since above post and no freezes. Before I was lucky to get 20 to 30 mins working time before it froze on me, so it would appear that my problem is cured. Time now is 2215 gmt

Edited by Oldbarzo

Guest Oldbarzo

Hi

Unfortunately after a reboot the same problem has recurred. When I switch the Vega on sometimes the screen flashes as normal but then goes blank for a sec then flashes again and continues booting. When this startup occurs I get freeze. If the Vega screen flashes and continues with the

Boot the Vega does not freeze.

This only happens with ICS Beta1.

Alpha 2 and 3 do not exhibit this fault neither does HI Chimera.

Stransky

Guest richardmlea

Hi

Unfortunately after a reboot the same problem has recurred. When I switch the Vega on sometimes the screen flashes as normal but then goes blank for a sec then flashes again and continues booting. When this startup occurs I get freeze. If the Vega screen flashes and continues with the

Boot the Vega does not freeze.

This only happens with ICS Beta1.

Alpha 2 and 3 do not exhibit this fault neither does HI Chimera.

Stransky

just an idea stransky but have you tried unplugging your touchscreen and try with a mouse and no touchscreen. You will then know if it is the touchscreen causing your issue, if the freeze happens without the touchscreen connected then you can rule that out as the cause.

Guest Oldbarzo

just an idea stransky but have you tried unplugging your touchscreen and try with a mouse and no touchscreen. You will then know if it is the touchscreen causing your issue, if the freeze happens without the touchscreen connected then you can rule that out as the cause.

Hi Richard

Have not tried that as the last time I unplugged the touchscreen I was unable to reconnect it, the little insert broke. (I was replacing faulty speakers).

I had to return to PC World for repair and they did not send me back my own Vega but another one (recorded Serial Number was different)

So I am loath to try that in case I break it again.

Funny thing is that it does not do the Flash, blank, flash with any other rom. I am re-installing Beta 1 with no enhancements just in case

the addition of Performance boost etc are the cause.

Just moved from Honeyice Chimera which I have been using all day and no freezes. So it is definitely something I must have added to ICS.

Stransky

Guest richardmlea

Hi Richard

Have not tried that as the last time I unplugged the touchscreen I was unable to reconnect it, the little insert broke. (I was replacing faulty speakers).

I had to return to PC World for repair and they did not send me back my own Vega but another one (recorded Serial Number was different)

So I am loath to try that in case I break it again.

Funny thing is that it does not do the Flash, blank, flash with any other rom. I am re-installing Beta 1 with no enhancements just in case

the addition of Performance boost etc are the cause.

Just moved from Honeyice Chimera which I have been using all day and no freezes. So it is definitely something I must have added to ICS.

Stransky

Are you downoading flash from the market after installing ics or using the version packaged with ics. I have noticed flash 11 from the market causes ics to not play flash properly.

Guest Oldbarzo

Are you downoading flash from the market after installing ics or using the version packaged with ics. I have noticed flash 11 from the market causes ics to not play flash properly.

Hi Richard

You misunderstand, I am not referring to Adobe Flash. WHat I am trying to convey is the sequence of start-up

of the Vega. i.e. Normally the screen will flash white and continue installing the current Rom.

The problem I am having with ICS Beta 1 is that the screen will flash white the go blank then flash

again and continue with the boot sequence.

If the screen flashes and continues to boot I do not get the freezes during operation, this

only occurs if I get the double flash on startup.

Oldbarzo

Guest richardmlea

Hi Richard

You misunderstand, I am not referring to Adobe Flash. WHat I am trying to convey is the sequence of start-up

of the Vega. i.e. Normally the screen will flash white and continue installing the current Rom.

The problem I am having with ICS Beta 1 is that the screen will flash white the go blank then flash

again and continue with the boot sequence.

If the screen flashes and continues to boot I do not get the freezes during operation, this

only occurs if I get the double flash on startup.

Oldbarzo

Yeah I mis-read that. That's a fault i havent noticed on any of mine, weird. I will reboot a few times to see if i can reproduce it.

Guest richardmlea

I cant reproduce it. I have just rebooted 2 vegas side by side. 10-15 times with a fresh ics install on both, then 10-15 times with one having vega boost (no swap) and then 10-15 times with one running vega super boost (with swap). All times they booted fine and identically. I dont ever see a white screen on boot.

This is exactly what happens when I boot. I press the power button, the backlight on the lcd comes on for second then goes off for a second then comes back on and about 5 second later I see the the vegaics by cass, kernel by Ejtagle message on a black background, a few seconds later I get the animated Vegaics logo.

Have you tried using a different SD card for you swap patition, or no sd card (just for testing)?

Guest Oldbarzo

I cant reproduce it. I have just rebooted 2 vegas side by side. 10-15 times with a fresh ics install on both, then 10-15 times with one having vega boost (no swap) and then 10-15 times with one running vega super boost (with swap). All times they booted fine and identically. I dont ever see a white screen on boot.

This is exactly what happens when I boot. I press the power button, the backlight on the lcd comes on for second then goes off for a second then comes back on and about 5 second later I see the the vegaics by cass, kernel by Ejtagle message on a black background, a few seconds later I get the animated Vegaics logo.

Have you tried using a different SD card for you swap patition, or no sd card (just for testing)?

Hi Richard

Yes I tried with a 16GB card in place of my current 32GB. Same thing happens except now I get the backlight on lcd comes on goes off, comes on (exactly as per your test) and continues the boot sequence. When this occurs

I now get the freezing, but it does not occur immediately. I could be browsing this forum via Tapatalk or stock browser on Tabletroms or reading an email and suddenly when I go to scroll the screen or tap to open a thread/email

the screen is frozen and it requires a reboot to get out of it. The freezing can happen after 10mins or 30mins but is usually somewhere in between. I have on occasion managed to keep holding the back button and pressing the start button several times and came out of it as if it had been asleep, but I usually just reboot

as the buttons are so fragile the constant operating may wreck them.

If on the other hand the screen backlight comes on, dims slightly and continues with the boot sequence I can use the Vega for hours at a time without freezing happening.

The thing is that this only started happening when I installed Beta 1, ICS Alpha 3 nor Honeyice Chimera did not exhibit this freezing.

As I stated in a previous post my original Vega (purchased May 2011) had to be sent away for repair and the Vega I received back was not the same as the Serial No. inside the door

was missing and when I opened it up the serial inside was different from the one I had recorded and which was on the repair docket. But dmesg showed no bad nand blocks on

my original and I have not been able to get a dmesg on this Vega as every time I try it freezes.

Oldbarzo

Edit: Now freezing no matter which way the boot sequence occurs. Reverted to Alpha 3 and no freezes, weird or what. Now going to try HI Chimera.

Edited by Oldbarzo

Guest Oldbarzo

Hi

Chimera does not exhibit the feeezing. So I have now gone through

The sequence noted by Divxdemon on Tabletroms and will see if it makes a difference.

Oldbarzo

Edited by Oldbarzo

Guest Oldbarzo

Hi

Chimera does not exhibit the feeezing. So I have now gone through

The sequence noted by Divxdemon on Tabletroms and will see if it makes a difference.

Oldbarzo

Hi All

Update: Ran the Test Rom and calibrated screen, then ran Modded Stock 1.10v2 ,formatted boot, cache, data and system.

Then installed Test Rom again and calibrated the screen as per the post by DivxDemon on Tabletroms.

Installed ICS Beta 1 and have been running it for over 3 hours now and not 1 freeze, keeping fingers crossed

but this appears at the moment to have worked.

Oldbarzo

Guest reddragon105

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm a relative Android newb - just got an Advent Vega as my first tablet, installed VegaICS Beta 1 and am having touchscreen issues with it, so trying this method to fix it.

I'm stuck at this part -

"then install recovery. and run recovery, select " mount & storage-----format boot, format cache, format system, format data", power off."

Where do I install recovery from? Is this a specific app? I'm following a guide to install ClockworkMod, but it says that to boot into recovery you need to install the Vega Recovery Boot app from the Android Market - which I can't do because this 0411 ROM doesn't have Market access.

So how do I get into recovery to format boot, cache, etc?

Guest GedBlake

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm a relative Android newb - just got an Advent Vega as my first tablet, installed VegaICS Beta 1 and am having touchscreen issues with it, so trying this method to fix it.

I'm stuck at this part -

"then install recovery. and run recovery, select " mount & storage-----format boot, format cache, format system, format data", power off."

Where do I install recovery from? Is this a specific app? I'm following a guide to install ClockworkMod, but it says that to boot into recovery you need to install the Vega Recovery Boot app from the Android Market - which I can't do because this 0411 ROM doesn't have Market access.

Is there not a recovery app in "apps"... ie., the app drawer?

If not, try this...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37483979/com.modaco.vegarecoveryboot_c2.apk

(Vega Recovery Boot downloaded from PlayStore/Android Market ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.modaco.vegarecoveryboot ) and uploaded to my dropbox).

----

Download the file from my dropbox, and using whatever file manager ships with this ROM, navigate to the /download folder, enter and locate the file

com.modaco.vegarecoveryboot_c2.apk

Click on it, and when requested to do so "Allow installation of non-market apps" by checking the tick box.

Vega Recovery Boot should then install... and you will find it in the app drawer.

GED.

Edited by GedBlake

Guest noahgreen

I'm stuck at this part -

Hi,

I found this article for a start: http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/how-to-install-clockworkmod-recovery-to-advent-vega/ you can also find the info in modaco forum.

You can not download Vega Recovery Boot app from the market, but you can find the .apk using google search on your vega. Follow the process in the article except, download the recovery boot app on your vega, Launch it, there you go.

Guest reddragon105

Hi,

I found this article for a start: http://www.addictive...to-advent-vega/ you can also find the info in modaco forum.

You can not download Vega Recovery Boot app from the market, but you can find the .apk using google search on your vega. Follow the process in the article except, download the recovery boot app on your vega, Launch it, there you go.

Yeah, I was following that tutorial and got stuck at the 'Install Vega Recovery Boot' step because I couldn't access the Market with that ROM and I did Google for the apk, but couldn't find it, which is why I asked here.

Is there not a recovery app in "apps"... ie., the app drawer?

If not, try this...

http://dl.dropbox.co...veryboot_c2.apk

(Vega Recovery Boot downloaded from PlayStore/Android Market ( https://play.google....egarecoveryboot ) and uploaded to my dropbox).

----

Download the file from my dropbox, and using whatever file manager ships with this ROM, navigate to the /download folder, enter and locate the file

com.modaco.vegarecoveryboot_c2.apk

Click on it, and when requested to do so "Allow installation of non-market apps" by checking the tick box.

Vega Recovery Boot should then install... and you will find it in the app drawer.

GED.

Thank you. I did Google for the apk but didn't find it, so thank you very much for the Dropbox link!

Just out of interest - where did you get it from? Is there a way of downloading apps from the Market to your computer? The only options I get are phone and tablet.

Everything is working fine now. Had ICS installed for over 24 hours and the touchscreen is still working consistently, whereas previously it would start being temperamental after just a couple hours of use, so this technique seems to have worked for me!

Edited by reddragon105

Guest GedBlake

Yeah, I was following that tutorial and got stuck at the 'Install Vega Recovery Boot' step because I couldn't access the Market with that ROM and I did Google for the apk, but couldn't find it, which is why I asked here.

Thank you. I did Google for the apk but didn't find it, so thank you very much for the Dropbox link!

Just out of interest - where did you get it from? Is there a way of downloading apps from the Market to your computer? The only options I get are phone and tablet.

Everything is working fine now. Had ICS installed for over 24 hours and the touchscreen is still working consistently, whereas previously it would start being temperamental after just a couple hours of use, so this technique seems to have worked for me!

I downloaded and installed it from PlayStore to my Vega as normal (using the PlayStore app in VegaICS)... I then copied the .apk file to my SD card using Gemini ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.seasmind.android.gmappmgr )...

...it was then just a simple matter of uploading it to my dropbox.

GED.

Edited by GedBlake

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rchoi999

After flashing the HoneyIce 3.2.7 RC3 Chimera Edition, my touch screen is totally unresponsive. I tried flashing the factory 2.2 rom P10_image_20110411_v1.10.4_std_dev.exe but still no luck. I hit "back" button to start screen calibration and after the setup screen coming up, the touchscreen is still not working, not even a single area. I then tried reflash the factory 2.2 rom again and again. Any idea how to fix it. Thanks.