Improve 3d performance

Guest Cyclothunder

Guest KonstaT

They are exactly the same file size as the libs we already have (in CM7 at least).

Same as in Swedis Snow RLS5 too.

Same file size but different files. ;)

Using these EGL libs gives me ~30 points more in AnTuTu 3D graphics test @604mhz. You can ignore the other instructions/build.prop stuff (at least Swedish Snow already has what's relevant of that).

I trimmed the package (removed just one config file :P) so all you have to do is flash it through ClockWorkMod. Would be interesting to know where these binaries are originally pulled from. Read those couple of threads at XDA and all I know that they're supposed to be "new".

new-egl-libs.zip

Edited by KonstaT

Guest targetbsp

Indeed. Glad you checked it more thoroughly than I did. :D

Is there hope yet for ICS if we're still managing to get new Adreno libs from somewhere I wonder??

Guest Cyclothunder

Using these EGL libs gives me ~30 points more in AnTuTu 3D graphics test @604mhz. You can ignore the other instructions/build.prop stuff (at least Swedish Snow already has what's relevant of that).

I trimmed the package (removed just one config file :P) so all you have to do is flash it through ClockWorkMod. Would be interesting to know where these binaries are originally pulled from. Read those couple of threads at XDA and all I know that they're supposed to be "new".

You rock man!!

Thanks

Guest cowscrubber

I'm on CM7 Burstlam's kang.

This definitely improves 3D performance. My frame rates in Antutu benchmark are higher than before.

Oh yeah!!

Guest targetbsp

You can ignore the other instructions/build.prop stuff (at least Swedish Snow already has what's relevant of that).

I *think* at least one of those build.prop changes benefits CM7 with a performance boost of 3 or 4% over just replacing the libs.

I say I think because I only have 1% battery left so can't run the test more than once. :D I could have fluked a new personal best high score. Also, for the same lack of battery reasons, I dunno which lines(s)!

the libs themselves seem to be giving me a fairly consistent 4% boost on their own form multiple before and after tests.

Guest yellman

If I will apply this libs, would it be faster in games? I have got the freshest burstlam´s CM7 with new kernel. Please correct me, when I said something wrong. ThaNK YOU

Edited by yellman

Guest KonstaT

I *think* at least one of those build.prop changes benefits CM7 with a performance boost of 3 or 4% over just replacing the libs.

I say I think because I only have 1% battery left so can't run the test more than once. :D I could have fluked a new personal best high score. Also, for the same lack of battery reasons, I dunno which lines(s)!

the libs themselves seem to be giving me a fairly consistent 4% boost on their own form multiple before and after tests.

Replacing the libs alone gives me that ~7% improvement on AnTuTu 3D graphics test. Haven't tested any of the build.prop tweaks that were at XDA. This is what is already in Swedish Snow's build.prop related to this.

debug.sf.hw=1
debug.composition.type=gpu
debug.performance.tuning=1
video.accelerate.hw=1
windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=60
[/code]

Guest somethingsomethingdarkness

the "max events per sec" is about the screen's fps, so basically it's setting the limit higher and making everything more smoother. So I think that should be tweaked in Swedish Snow, should not impact battery life but will make everything respond better with the higher limit.

Guest KonstaT

the "max events per sec" is about the screen's fps, so basically it's setting the limit higher and making everything more smoother. So I think that should be tweaked in Swedish Snow, should not impact battery life but will make everything respond better with the higher limit.

You can actually find discussion about that in the thread linked in OP. I think they also came to conclusion that LCD/human eye limit is somewhere around 60fps. ;) I've actually tried bigger values before but haven't found any improvement past that. It's just a build.prop tweak so it's easy to change if someone wants to test...

Edited by KonstaT

Guest targetbsp

is there a visible performance improvement or just numbers in antutututututu?? :-)

Depends on your personal sensitivity towards noticing a couple of extra fps really.

Guest Maxsas360

Most screens have a 60hz limit in any case so you'll just be doing more work needlessly!

I know that. I raised the limit for benchmarks. But it's not effective, maybe on 2D Results are 298 2D and 608 3D Total 1889 with ADATA 8gb class 6 card.