[ROM] Styx (CM6; updated 2012 05 25)

Guest twrock

Guest twrock

楼主你好,相信你能看得懂简体。我刷了你的32核心的rom,卡在开机设置的最后一屏。

我尝试删除setupwizard.apk,能进入桌面了,但是进不了 设置的时间和日期 设置。重启后,卡在android画面。

坛子中其他用户也是这样。不过有人说,在设置的时候,语言选择繁体,或者刷机时不插入sim卡(英文),这时候使用正常。

I tried using Google Translate to help me understand what you wrote. I'm sorry, but I do not read Chinese well. So I might not really understand what trouble you are having.

First, please note my reply to andylau1988. I first used English to set up my phone. After that, I seem to have no problem switching the language to Chinese.

It looks like this rom went a bit "viral" overnight. What I mean is that yesterday it had only 20+ downloads. Today the 2012/03/07 version has more than 450! (In case there is some other place with a direct link to the file, I have locked down the 2012/03/07 version so that people will hopefully start downloading the 2012/03/08 version with the MAC address fix.) So there must be quite a number of Chinese speakers who are using this rom. Maybe others will help find the solution.

I hope everyone is remembering that this really is beta software. Please make a backup before installing this, and keep it safe for a long time. I personally have only run the .32 kernel version for three days. I don't know what problems it might end up having.

Guest twrock

A link to an installable zip for Chinese IME has been added to the first post. This is a fairly large install that includes the HanvonCalla handwriting IME and both a Traditional and Simplified Chinese language pack for the TouchPal keyboard. Make sure you have enough space in /system for all of that.

Edited by twrock

Guest andylau1988

A link to an installable zip for Chinese IME has been added to the first post. This is a fairly large install that includes the HanvonCalla handwriting IME and both a Traditional and Simplified Chinese language pack for the TouchPal keyboard. Make sure you have enough space in /system for all of that.

When I set the language to Simplified Chinese, unable to enter the date set, can not enter the system after the restart, do not you have thisvery strange!

Edited by andylau1988

Guest twrock

When I set the language to Simplified Chinese, unable to enter the date set, can not enter the system after the restart, do not you have thisvery strange!

Ah, yes, I do see it now. Yes, that is very strange. I also can not enter the date/time setting after choosing Simplified Chinese. I had rebooted after choosing Traditional Chinese, and all was fine. I have not tried that with Simplified Chinese. This really is very strange.

Maybe this weekend I can try doing some tests with the CM6.2.0 rom that dr.flo made. Maybe the problem is solved there. You can also try to flash that rom, and test to see if it has that same problem. But if we can't find a solution, this will be a big problem for those of you who need Simplified Chinese.

Guest twrock

First idea would be to verify if the same happens on

- cm72 with .32

- um840 port with .32

- ideos x3 port with .32

I remember having seen the + / - control on at least ideos rom.

I think we need more description: How to reproduce the non-showing zoom control.... And then check with kernel .29 in the exact same situation. (Or on one of the above mentioned other roms). I'm uncertain if this is really kenel related. I don't think that kernel includes any dual touch stuff.

I haven't had time to test, but from my reading, I think it has something to do with /system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.xml. Maybe simply deleting that file would be enough, or replacing it with an alternate from previous CM6 builds. Here's the pertinent code to look at in that file:

<permissions>

<feature name="android.hardware.touchscreen" />

<feature name="android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch" />

</permissions>

I'll test later, unless someone else has the time to work on it. (I'm not where I can access my build machine.)

Edited by twrock

Guest desalesouche

hi.in styx-32k-20120307b...i can see that in settings/date and time/select time zone :gmt+01:00 ,gmt+01:00

usually i don't have it in double....if i set automatic(use network provided value) time is set to 03:35 as right now it is 10:55

so there is soomething wrong.

when i wanna choose my operator in settings/wireless&network settings/mobile network/network operators: it is searching but unable to scan(error while searching for networks).but he would select automatically a network ...

Guest felip3

im installing this one now,

btw i just noticed that when my pulse is supposed to have the screen turned off its not really off. yesterday in the night i noticed it keeps the backlight on in a very dimmed light. is this normal?

i dont think this is wasting a lot of my battery but certainly i can save all the juice i can. i tried with 2 differents roms and it was the same. if anyone can check if this happens to everyone its as simple as looking the screen in a very dark room or looking at where the leds are (the top part of the screen) in an angle.

about the rom, im not seeing the cm statusbar themes. its just me or is it a bug?

Guest dr.flo

when i wanna choose my operator in settings/wireless&network settings/mobile network/network operators: it is searching but unable to scan(error while searching for networks).but he would select automatically a network ...

lloco73 suggested replacing libril.so (in um840 rom) with version of cm72. The same might also help styx rom... I'm just posting it here so the idea doesn't get lost...

Guest twrock

The .32 one is the fastest ROM of all I ever seen. No Gingerbread is nearly as smooth as this.

The little disappointing thing is that the phone doesn't recognise itself having a single-touch screen. It thinks it's dualtouch, but we don't have dualtouch.

So the +/- don't appear in some apps making them less usable.

But still, the rom is sweet :)

Thanks a lot!

What are some of the apps that are supposed to have the +/-? I want to do some testing.

Edit: I replaced android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.xml with android.hardware.touchscreen.xml and everything runs fine. But I don't know what apps to test this fix on.

Edited by twrock

Guest desalesouche

What are some of the apps that are supposed to have the +/-? I want to do some testing.

Edit: I replaced android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.xml with android.hardware.touchscreen.xml and everything runs fine. But I don't know what apps to test this fix on.

hi.did you took it from cm7.2? thx

Guest twrock

hi.did you took it from cm7.2? thx

No, I took it from UM840. But the code looks exactly the same to me in CM7 as in UM840.

But I can't think of any apps that show the +/- buttons other than Maps. But Maps already had those buttons, so that doesn't help. Browser is now using doubletap, so I don't think they will show up there either way. Anyone who is using UM840 can confirm whether or not Browser has +/- buttons?

Edit: I will be testing libril.so in a few minutes. Hold on for the results.

Edited by twrock

Guest twrock

hi.in styx-32k-20120307b...i can see that in settings/date and time/select time zone :gmt+01:00 ,gmt+01:00

usually i don't have it in double....if i set automatic(use network provided value) time is set to 03:35 as right now it is 10:55

so there is soomething wrong.

I see the double time zone issue, but there is nothing wrong for me other than that. I can set the time manually to anything I want, and then tap "automatic" and it returns to the correct time. So I'm not seeing the same pattern as you are.

Guest twrock

Browser in cm7.2 has +/- buttons

Is that a function of the newer browser in CM7, or is it because of rom settings?

TXG also does not have +/- in browser, so I don't know for sure about any of this. :huh:

Guest twrock

Maybe I'm imagining things, but replacing android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.xml with the single touch version "seems" to make screen touches better for me. Maybe others can confirm this one way or another. I will upload the latest version of this rom shortly (and then go to bed). Hopefully all the rest of the problems with this rom will be solved when I wake up tomorrow. :lol:

Edit: 2012 03 09c version is uploaded; see first post for link.

Edited by twrock

Guest Moskito204

Hi

Is there so much differences from kernel .29 to .32?

I recently installed the TXG, and i'm at least curious about this rom.

1 questions: it's good enough for every day use ?

Thanks

Moskito204

Guest twrock

I flashed the latest cm7 just to check it again.

For example, in Opera browser & in EA Worms there ARE "+" & "-" on the screen.

In this cm6 there are no. The rom rules really but for this small issue :)

I have +/- buttons with this rom in the built-in browser and Opera Mini. (I don't plan on purchasing Worms to test it there.)

Guest twrock

Hi

Is there so much differences from kernel .29 to .32?

I recently installed the TXG, and i'm at least curious about this rom.

1 questions: it's good enough for every day use ?

Thanks

Moskito204

I used the .29 version as my daily rom for about 10 days before starting to test the .32 kernel version. I had only one "real" problem when using the .29 version when I lost the phone call speaker (the other party could hear me, but I couldn't hear them).

I have not used the .32 version for as long a time, and I have continued to test it and modify it during that time. So I am not so sure about that version yet.

I also have a version of the CM6.2.0-RC0 with .32 kernel that I am currently testing. But since I continue to make modifications, I'm not sure at all about that one.

Guest ChinaT

I tried using Google Translate to help me understand what you wrote. I'm sorry, but I do not read Chinese well. So I might not really understand what trouble you are having.

First, please note my reply to andylau1988. I first used English to set up my phone. After that, I seem to have no problem switching the language to Chinese.

It looks like this rom went a bit "viral" overnight. What I mean is that yesterday it had only 20+ downloads. Today the 2012/03/07 version has more than 450! (In case there is some other place with a direct link to the file, I have locked down the 2012/03/07 version so that people will hopefully start downloading the 2012/03/08 version with the MAC address fix.) So there must be quite a number of Chinese speakers who are using this rom. Maybe others will help find the solution.

I hope everyone is remembering that this really is beta software. Please make a backup before installing this, and keep it safe for a long time. I personally have only run the .32 kernel version for three days. I don't know what problems it might end up having.

Thank you for your enthusiastic!I try to express my meaning in English。I brush the latest 32kernel rom,problem is still there.When I brush machine and then reboot the system,I select the English language, I can enter the system。However, as long as I select the Simplified Chinese language, after reboot stop in "Android" interface.

Edited by ChinaT

Guest twrock

Thank you for your enthusiastic!I try to express my meaning in English。I brush the latest 32kernel rom,problem is still there.When I brush machine and then reboot the system,I select the English language, I can enter the system。However, as long as I select the Simplified Chinese language, after reboot stop in "Android" interface.

Yes, there is a bug with Simplified Chinese. I have added that bug to the list in the first post.

Unfortunately I don't even know where to start to try to find a fix. I am not a programmer. I doubt I can do anything to help. Hopefully someone else can. Sorry.

Guest sun lbx

I have +/- buttons with this rom in...Opera Mini.

The guy Twrock does rock again, people :)

+/- in Opera means that changes did what they were to do :)