• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Rhyme Pro G18 S510a

4 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hi all,

Bought one of these phones as I was fed up carrying two phone (work and personnel). Happy enough with it but feel the firmware is making it a bit sluggish, does anyone know what firmware I could use as it has quite a bit of Chinese software on it that I am not sure I can uninstall and I think a wipe and fresh install might help. Please find more phone data below

Baseband MAUI.11AMD.W11.19.SP.V1, 2011/06/23 00:50

Kernel 2.6.35.7

Launcher Model Syndroid 4.0 (ICS)

Version 1.2.0.0

Version Code 12002011-INT

Operation System:Google Android 3.0.1 (Android 4.0 UI Support)

CPU:MTK6573 650MHz+ARM116-507MHz

512MB ROM+512MB RAM extend to 32GB max

More Info here - http://www.lovebarga...one-p-2007.html

Posted · Report post

i have bought the same phone rhyme pro g18 dual sim but i can't use the gps (it doesn't works with any navigation program i have tested).

did your gps works? ihave tried also some software which test the gps but every program doesn't find the satellite , it appears the icon but no satellite appears so it doesn't work . also bluetooth find my external gps receiver but it says that that it's recognized but it can dialogate with it so it dosen't work as the internal gps.

the phone dual sim works great, also fotocamera and the application always works.

have you a copy of a rom for this phone in order to upgrade or a root in order to make something in order make gps working.

thanks for your answer. i have bought c/o lovebargain store.

Hi all,

Bought one of these phones as I was fed up carrying two phone (work and personnel). Happy enough with it but feel the firmware is making it a bit sluggish, does anyone know what firmware I could use as it has quite a bit of Chinese software on it that I am not sure I can uninstall and I think a wipe and fresh install might help. Please find more phone data below

Baseband MAUI.11AMD.W11.19.SP.V1, 2011/06/23 00:50

Kernel 2.6.35.7

Launcher Model Syndroid 4.0 (ICS)

Version 1.2.0.0

Version Code 12002011-INT

Operation System:Google Android 3.0.1 (Android 4.0 UI Support)

CPU:MTK6573 650MHz+ARM116-507MHz

512MB ROM+512MB RAM extend to 32GB max

More Info here - http://www.lovebarga...one-p-2007.html

i have bought the same phone rhyme pro g18 dual sim but i can't use the gps (it doesn't works with any navigation program i have tested).

did your gps works? ihave tried also some software which test the gps but every program doesn't find the satellite , it appears the icon but no satellite appears so it doesn't work . also bluetooth find my external gps receiver but it says that that it's recognized but it can dialogate with it so it dosen't work as the internal gps.

the phone dual sim works great, also fotocamera and the application always works.

have you a copy of a rom for this phone in order to upgrade or a root in order to make something in order make gps working.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Yes you got it from the same place as me. My gps is very very slow and will only sometimes work if I use a sat finding app first.

No I don't have a ROM, although a google search did find quite a busy Russian forum discussing this phone, where I would image there will be a custom ROM somewhere (but I don't have a great grasp of Russian). I also contacted Lovebargaining to see if they could give me the ROM but they said the manufacturer would not supply. I was hoping one to the techies here could have helped but no joy so far

Edited by Marccon

Posted · Report post

sorry if i haven't replied before.

i have the problem with gps . i have changed my rom from 3.0 to 2.3.5 gingerbred and it works better the phone, it' s faster.

marcon, what is the name of the satellite finder you use to navigate with gps on your rhyme pro g18.

i wait for your answer.

if you need the rom. i tell you where to get it.

thanks