[ROM] MIUI PatchRom RC1

Guest equiliym

Guest equiliym

since i dont have much time, i decided to hurry up and release something that will amuse you people, this has been somewhat fixed from alpha1 version and i use it daily, you can try and have fun with it if you want..

there are still few issues regarding hdpi framework that miui uses that i didnt fix but i can live with that, hope you can too :P

like alpha1, this rom uses vamshi kernel that vamshi himself said to switch to SmartassV2 for better battery performance

launcher has been resized, its not perfect but what can you expect when resizing something hdpi to qvga size.. some widgets have been resized, widget themes and some system files/pictures etc

themes are also fixed, they partially work.. due to 2 framework files this rom uses, themes dont change all statusbar icons (you can blame micode for releasing a patch, not full source) but they still work anyway

also, regarding lockscreens, always uncheck lockscreen when applying a theme because they are all HDPI and they will mess up your screen to be unable to unlock, picture related

i will be nice and tell you you can download some ldpi (our screen size) lockscreens from this thread on xda.. if you want other lockscreen that is hdpi you have to resize it yourself, its not hard at all, resize images and change x,y positions in xml and zip it, job done :)

i only included google play store (market) in this rom since full gapps pack makes rom lag, you can either install needed apps or flash other package via cwm

for gen2 devices please use deadlinks gen2 patch which can be download from raceroms site

dialer still isnt fixed, guy who was fixing FCing patches is busy with irl issues, i tried but failed many times lol so i included exDialer which is miui-like.. also contacts need to be resized a bit so you can also use exContacts as default if you dont like stock one until i (or hopefully someone else from community) find time to fix these.. flipclocks didint work when resized so i left them stock size for now, will check those when i get free time... if anyone fix them in the meanwhile please post them here and/or pm me about it since i wont be online for some time to check/update this.. posting changelog and stuffs in second post

huge thanks to Wooly_Sammoth for hosting this rom on his server

please rate this thread by pressing the + button on the righthand bottom corner of this post if you like this rom, i would appreciate it

you have permision to post this to other forums and whatsoever as long as you say thanks here and use direct link from this post, i need it for statistics

RACER-MIUI-CM-7.2.0-RC1 can be downloaded from here - full wipe data/cache recommended

LDPI Lockscreens can be downloaded from here - apply via theme manager>customize>lockscreen

MIUI Icon Collection can be found in THIS thread on XDA forums - apply via theme manager>customize>icons

post-840416-0-87476100-1331321401_thumb.

Edited by equiliym

Guest equiliym

Known issues:

--------

* AdFree hosts may kill some rss feeds

* Torch not supported on ZTE Racer

* Themes partialy working

* Dialer FCing < included exDialer due to MIUI layout

* Widgets get chopped from launcher under dock (see photoframe 4x4 for example)

* Flipclocks dont work when resized to qvga size < left stock size

Changelog:

----------

## Alpha1 - Alpha1.20120304.182020

Initial Release

## RC1 - RC1.0.20120309.143711

Updated hosts file for Ad blocking AdFree 0.8.43 2012-01-06

Added additional icons in system theme

Replaced some stock apps with MIUI ones

Added more MIUI apps

Added MIUI audio files

Fixed launcher size

Resized default theme files

Fixed DeskClock

Fixed some statusbar icons

Added additional apps

Fixed themes

Resized some widgets

Resized some pictures

Enabled bootsound

Added some init.d scripts

Tweaked build.prop

Added Google Play Store

Removed some garbage files

Updated ro.build.display.id

Edited by equiliym

Guest equiliym

I thin, that i cant download form-here-, could you check is it everything allright?

yeah this board sometimes breaks my hyperlinks for no reason so i have to re-edit few times to make it work, try now

Guest zecinikolaz

almost forgot to say, that smoothness of whole rom, by ny experience, depend on theme that you are using, and this is not just by me, i also saw some articles mon xda so must be wise with themes, , phone wouldnt act fast and smooth with every theme. P.s. For now this rom is preety faster than first!

Guest equiliym

I cant link download address,please help me check it,thxxxx

link works fine woo, here:

http://raceroms.co.uk/phocadownload/Equiliym-ROMS/RACER-MIUI-CM-7.2.0-RC1.zip

i might be hosting some qvga lockscreens on my 'always in construction' site if you guys cant manage to find them :P do tell if needed but tell fast since im moving and wont be online for some time :o

Edited by equiliym

Guest equiliym

Guy,i can't download it yet,have somebody can download?????

I think server appear few mistake!

raceroms is perfectly fine, you should try again later, maybe your isp is messing up :o

Pinging www.raceroms.co.uk [176.67.160.84] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 176.67.160.84: bytes=32 time=47ms TTL=49

Reply from 176.67.160.84: bytes=32 time=78ms TTL=49

Reply from 176.67.160.84: bytes=32 time=49ms TTL=49

Reply from 176.67.160.84: bytes=32 time=48ms TTL=49

Ping statistics for 176.67.160.84:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 47ms, Maximum = 78ms, Average = 55ms

Guest equiliym

Lockscreens = want :D

I got my isp fixed can't wait to try it out..

ok give me few hours to fix my folders and stuff and will put link on first post, i have 51 lockscreens for our phone, others need resizing but i think these will be enough

edit: or ill just zip them all and upload on mediafire..

Edited by equiliym

Guest massacre^

So i downloaded the rom and tried it out...

i downloaded a few themes in my pc, copied them to sdcard/MIUI/themes but thememanager dont seem to be able to recognise them and also haptic feedback is missing after 1or2restarts..

EDIT : there's also a problem while plugging phone to my pc...sdcard gets mounted no troubles but after that in about 1min or so it drops...imho it can also be a problem with my pc...pls check it out :lol:

EDIT 2 : i got themes to work...we have to copy it to MIUI/theme..so i gave an extra 's' :D and also regarding the sdcard dropping issue .. it also happened in clockworkmod so i guess its an issue with my pc :(

Edited by massacre^

Guest equiliym

So i downloaded the rom and tried it out...

i downloaded a few themes in my pc, copied them to sdcard/MIUI/themes but thememanager dont seem to be able to recognise them and also haptic feedback is missing after 1or2restarts..

EDIT : there's also a problem while plugging phone to my pc...sdcard gets mounted no troubles but after that in about 1min or so it drops...imho it can also be a problem with my pc...pls check it out :lol:

hmm, i had no problem with mounting.. tho once i couldnt unmount but unplugging the cable helped :P

also, haptic feedback works perfectly here.. thats odd, if feedback doesnt work, neither should softkeys because they both go via touch_to_keys, all in one binary :o will take a not about it..

as for themes, if those are lockscreens then you have to open theme manager>customize>lockscreen since it searches for full themes in main window

tho themes are more than awesome :o im fixing some theme for me since we have so messed up framework now lol, half icons in framework-res, other half in framework-miui-res and some stuff also in systemui, thats why themes dont fully paint the screen :P gotta find what icon goes where and fix that xD here, attaching my current screen look.. need to fix theme but is awesome anyhow

post-840416-0-15772300-1331413185_thumb.

Guest massacre^

I'l try and test some new themes tomorrow.....its 3:20am now in India Lol..

As for the haptic feedback its really very low sometimes and sometimes its not working.. i tried increasing values from cyagenomod setting did'nt help so reverted to default for now

Edited by massacre^