ahthud

android market issues

3 posts in this topic

Hi all, i have a vega 1 which i loaded the original modoca update to with android market. I have an issue now in that if i hit the market icon it goes to a blank screen then imediately goes back to the home screen??? Any ideas on what to do? Cheers Tony

It's because Anroid market has changed to "Google play".

That confused me for a few minutes, The market app dissappeared and i didnt notice play. I then reflashed ICS to get it back and then noticed market app change to play after I ran the market for he first time.

I would have thought google would send an email to all android users to inform us of the change.

Market was still accessing the android market as it threw up a confirm sign in to play one day but took one or two days to decide to update to play then through up a ! notification indicating that installation of play had failed and the market icon had vanished but then when i rebooted play was there.

My suggestion to the op was going to be to upgrade to vegacomb 3.2 v9 with update 3 then let it update to play.