MoDaCo is undergoing planned maintenance. Site functionality may be reduced - follow @modaco or @paulobrien on Twitter for updates.

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software
      Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)

CUSTOM ROMS

You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not be hosted directly in topic via the MoDaCo attachment system
      ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)
      ROMs must give full credit to the original author
      This decision has been taken in light of the huge amount of interest in this area of device customisation within the community, and member feedback! Please note that custom ROM discussion should be kept in specific device sub-areas, (e.g. Kaiser.MoDaCo.com for Kaiser based devices). ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact me directly via PM. P
    • Support MoDaCo by signing up to a MoDaCo Silver or Gold membership

To sign up to an annual MoDaCo Silver subscription which will eliminate all ads from the site (as well as giving you access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchens for Android) for only £9.99 using PayPal, Credit or Debit Card, ensure you are logged in to the site, and then click the link below, which will take you directly to the subscription store! You can also sign up to an annual MoDaCo Gold subscription for £29.99, which adds the benefits listed below! PURCHASE A MODACO SUBSCRIPTION - FREE Titanium Backup Mobile for Android worth $5.99! - FREE 1 year PrivateInternetAccess.com worth $39.95! - FREE 1 year LastPass Premium worth $12! - FREE CalcConvert for Pocket PC from Binaryfish worth $17.95! - FREE Calendar Bar for Pocket PC from OmegaOne worth $9.99! - FREE CamerAware for Pocket PC and Smartphone from MoDaCo worth £19.99 / $30! - FREE Chronos for Pocket PC from ActiveKitten worth $14.95! - FREE CodeWallet Pro for Smartphone and Pocket PC from DeveloperOne worth up to $24.95! - FREE Concentrix for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE FlexMail for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE FTouchSL for Pocket PC from Vekoff s.r.o. worth 10 euro / $12.50! - FREE Jewel Challenge for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE John Cody's Alerts Pro for Smartphone from Omnisoft worth $14.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Dutch for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> French for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> German for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Italian for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Spanish for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Dutch for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> French for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> German for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Russian for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Turkish for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE Note2Self for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $19.90! - FREE Opera 8.60 for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Opera Software worth up to $48! - FREE Pocket Informant for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE Pocket Launcher for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Conduits worth $9.95! - FREE PTab for Pocket PC and Smartphone from z4soft worth up to $60! - FREE Resco Explorer for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Resco worth up to $49.90! - FREE Safemode for Pocket PC from monocube worth $12.95 - FREE SplashPhoto for Pocket PC and Smartphone from SplashData worth up to $59.90! - FREE Sprite Backup for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Sprite Software worth $29.95! - FREE Teksoft Glyphs UI for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €9.95! - FREE Teksoft HeadsetRemote for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €4.95! - FREE Traffic Jam for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE unlock (1 per year) from imei-check.co.uk - DISCOUNT of 10% at MoDaCo FairDeal - DISCOUNT of 10% at Semsons.com - FORUM - AD FREE SITE - FORUM - custom rank / title - FORUM - double competition entries - FORUM - double post attachment space - FORUM - no search flood control - FORUM - priority event registration - FORUM - triple PM space
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspensions / ban.

[ DEV ] HTC Sense

227 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

DEV ONLY!

Hello

Before you reply saying its not possible, I want you to remember when MiUi wasnt possible. Thanks to Tilal, Andalululu and some other people, MiUi is here. Well 75% of it. Well now we can try getting HTC Sense for the Blade, even if it is 75% of it. REmember when ICS was a dream, well now look.

So let me tell you what ive got.

- A Bootable HTC Sense ROM, thanks The_Crevis

- Some help from Sulthekk

What we need doing:

- Resizing the system

- Kernel related issues *maybe?

- And mostly alot of other things

What you need to get it booted up:

- A GEN2 220MB Partitioned Blade

Why are we doing this?

- Because I love HTC sense, as do many others

- Sick of HTC sense like themes

What I need:

- A few devs

Links: http://www.mediafire...ty2zqbd4y3t3vtb - MediaFire Link for the ROM

http://db.tt/POqTq65T- DropBox

http://code.google.com/p/sense-for-blade/downloads/list - ALPHA2 The_Crevis

For any devs or any who can help, reply Aye! or if you are sensible, just say if you can help, and we can get this project underway :D

I will be porting the system app and resizes from this ROM as it is a DesireS version of this Blade port: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1048203

Let me know if this would work

Thanks

Weeo

PROJECT HOMEPAGE: http://code.google.c...ense-for-blade/ - I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO ADD THE OTHER DEVS TO THE PAGE, AND FROM THERE WE CAN DEVELOP IT. IF YOU WANT TO BE APART OF THE PAGE, GIVE ME YOUR EMAILS ( BETTER IF GMAIL ) AND I WILL ADD YOU :D

Thanks to The_Crevis, Sulthekk, Tilal, FelixL, TheShak, equiliym and Me!

THIS WOULD BE AMAZING: post-796123-0-53239200-1331997436_thumb.

Edited by weeo

Posted · Report post

Is the rom the right way up? If so then I also contributed (just saying).

Also I would be willing to help with any libs and getting features (eg. Ril and wifi) but I can't do resizing.

Posted · Report post

Sharing personal jokes does not inspire confidence in people. If anything it puts people of.

If you have something to say about people in the community then be grown up and say it or don't say a thing about it.

Posted · Report post

Sharing personal jokes does not inspire confidence in people. If anything it puts people of.

If you have something to say about people in the community then be grown up and say it or don't say a thing about it.

Um okay :-)

I've tried some things to get this ROM the right way up, but it then refused to boot. Also a libsurfaceflinger that reached me through the_crevis and must have been sent by tilal. But maybe I did something else wrong when changing it.

I tried some sf.hardwarerotation-stuff in the build.prop (booted wrong way up), too and the surfaceflinger from CM7 (didn't boot then either).

I'd have tried more stuff but am low on time (end of studies and all).

Edited by FelixL

Posted · Report post

Is the rom the right way up? If so then I also contributed (just saying).

Also I would be willing to help with any libs and getting features (eg. Ril and wifi) but I can't do resizing.

I haven't even booted the rom up yet. Will do after I do the 200MB Partition. So I've got Libs and that covered. Resizing I got me and TheShak ( maybe ) Any others?

I think it was around 165 MB needed on /system, but don't quote me on that, some weeks have passed since I had the time to try my luck on this. It was surprisingly fluid, by the way.

Edited by FelixL

I think it was around 165 MB needed on /system, but don't quote me on that, some weeks have passed since I had the time to try my luck on this. It was surprisingly fluid, by the way.

So what were wrong with this rom? And what needed work? Good luck luck with studies btw, I'm in the same boat lol. So what needed work, what worked. E.g. like Wifi, Bluetooth, camera or mobile net etc etc

Edited by weeo

Posted · Report post

So what were wrong with this rom? And what needed work? Good luck luck with studies btw, I'm in the same boat lol. So what needed work, what worked. E.g. like Wifi, Bluetooth, camera or mobile net etc etc

The main thing you need to sort out first is resizing everything and good luck with that, I tried for quite a while to resize and then it wouldn't even boot... so I couldn't tell what was wrong as I had no logcat :/

Did you resign the framework after resizing?

I remember there were some tricks for replacing framework in froyo roms back in time... Maybe you had to flash the stock system, let it boot once completely, then install new framework-res without wipe?

Edited by Sulthekk

Posted · Report post

Did you resign the framework after resizing?

I remember there were some tricks for replacing framework in froyo roms back in time... Maybe you had to flash the stock system, let it boot once completely, then install new framework-res without wipe?

Ill try this and look into it:)

Posted · Report post

Not booting up with 200MB partition... maybe I will try a windows one, not via the app

Posted · Report post

Not booting up with 200MB partition... maybe I will try a windows one, not via the app

Stock system is 220MBs, and posting once is enough... Opera Mini, eh?

Posted · Report post

Stock system is 220MBs, and posting once is enough... Opera Mini, eh?

No, rubbish school wifi... it messes up and flips out lol. sorry guys. Okay, ill try it with a 220MB partition

What worked for me:

Touchscreen (right way up)

Screen (wrong way up)

What did not work

You guessed it. Everything else.

Some things should be solvable by just swapping the libs I think.

Edit: And the version I used had no bootanimation and took some time to boot up.

Edited by FelixL

Posted · Report post

What worked for me:

Touchscreen (right way up)

Screen (wrong way up)

What did not work

You guessed it. Everything else.

Some things should be solvable by just swapping the libs I think.

Edit: And the version I used had no bootanimation and took some time to boot up.

have you tried editing ro.sf.hwrotation in build prop? that usually fix my 180 degrees rotated screen.. that is if i understood you right about wrong way up issue

Posted · Report post

So I got this booted up to see what it was about. So before everything else, lets resize the whole thing and flip it around. The we can develop for everything else? How does that sound?

Posted · Report post

have you tried editing ro.sf.hwrotation in build prop? that usually fix my 180 degrees rotated screen.. that is if i understood you right about wrong way up issue

Yes it is wrong way round, buttons and keys are inverted/flipped. So you reckon that'll fix it?

Posted · Report post

If it works it will fix that, yes. But like I said I'd already tried it. Could be that I did something wrong, so worth a second try and not much work.

Posted · Report post

If it works it will fix that, yes. But like I said I'd already tried it. Could be that I did something wrong, so worth a second try and not much work.

Ill try it

Posted · Report post

If I can be of any help just say so. I'm not particularly skilled at anything(can't program, but understand it) but I have 3-4 hours of time a day free, I'm willing to put some effort into this, as I'm a fan of sense, but as I said, I probably won't be able to do anything you guys aren't able to.

Posted · Report post

If I can be of any help just say so. I'm not particularly skilled at anything(can't program, but understand it) but I have 3-4 hours of time a day free, I'm willing to put some effort into this, as I'm a fan of sense, but as I said, I probably won't be able to do anything you guys aren't able to.

Cheers guys... ill get the editted build prop to get the rom correct way

Posted · Report post

Ill be doing stuff this weekend :-)

Posted · Report post

I would like if I could accompany you guys!

I'll also try to get something fixed...:)

Posted · Report post

allbest: This Rrom is real Sense and is booting.