[FIX] Proximity sensor issue on Atomic

Guest Wacky.ddw

Guest Wacky.ddw

AtOmIc proximity sensor fix

(Thanks to C3C0 and everyone who helped!)

Ok so in short it seems there are 2 proximity sensor revisions, you can download "mysensor" from the market wich one of these 2 you have.

Name: Taos Proximity sensor

Vendor: Taos inc.

Or

Name: TSL2771 Proximity sensor

Vendor: Taos

If you have the second one the "TSL2771 Proximity sensor" you can download C3C0's flashable update. It will flash a new text file to "/data/misc/prox" with different value's inside and make it read only so nothing can overwrite it.

DOWNLOAD LINK: HERE (Flash trough clockworkmod)

On my phone the value "H601L1G32" works perfectly, if i change any of the green numbers the sensor keeps working, but if i change the red number my screen turns black instantly.

"HXXXL1GXXX"

Different value's might work better on different phones, so if you want to change the value just open the zip you downloaded and browse to "\data\misc\prox" open the file "prox_threshold.txt" and change the value's to something else.

Note: on some devices changing the L1 to something else works to.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Manual fix

I have the second one (TSL2771), i never had any troubles with my sensor except on the latest releases of Atomic. For people who have the same proximity sensor as me can you try this to confirm this is the problem:

If atomic is installed: First uninstall "ProximitySensorClib 1.0" using titanium backup.

Or before you flash Atomic: Open "AtOmIcMod-R10.zip" brows to \system\app" and delete "SensorClib.apk" before you flash Atomic.)

Download root explorer from the market and browse to "/data/misc/prox" and do a long press on the file "prox_threshold.txt" then scroll down the list till you see "Open in text editor" change the number to "H601L1G32" press the back button, it will ask you to save press "Yes"

"REBOOT" your phone and the proximity sensor should work.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Original post

I reposted this from the atomic topic, since tillaz left the scene and i am the only one expiriencing the problem i tough i might ask it here maybe someone else knows a solution.

The sensor is working on all versions of atomic below version 5. it is allso working on cyanogenmod 7 so i asume its not hardware related.

ATOMIC V4 Proximity sensor working

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWepGyiepjg&feature=plcp&context=C403a05bVDvjVQa1PpcFOUdcYgTA_Ar8lJLG8a9LxlCdPw-NGlfSc%3D

ATOMIC R9 Proximity sensor NOT working

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D27fsxuOD4o&feature=plcp&context=C4981f3eVDvjVQa1PpcFOUdcYgTA_Ar4VoL2a6MHGEeDLLMNADxfY%3Dhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D27fsxuOD4o&feature=plcp&context=C4981f3eVDvjVQa1PpcFOUdcYgTA_Ar4VoL2a6MHGEeDLLMNADxfY%3D

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest crnadakm

I reposted this from the atomic topic, since tillaz left the scene and i am the only one expiriencing the problem i tough i might ask it here maybe someone else knows a solution.

The sensor is working on all versions of atomic below version 5. it is allso working on cyanogenmod 7 so i asume its not hardware related.

ATOMIC V4 Proximity sensor working

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWepGyiepjg&feature=plcp&context=C403a05bVDvjVQa1PpcFOUdcYgTA_Ar8lJLG8a9LxlCdPw-NGlfSc%3D

ATOMIC R9 Proximity sensor NOT working

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D27fsxuOD4o&feature=plcp&context=C4981f3eVDvjVQa1PpcFOUdcYgTA_Ar4VoL2a6MHGEeDLLMNADxfY%3Dhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D27fsxuOD4o&feature=plcp&context=C4981f3eVDvjVQa1PpcFOUdcYgTA_Ar4VoL2a6MHGEeDLLMNADxfY%3D

I had the same problem on my ZTE Skate with CM7

You need to see name of your proximity sensor maker

Mine is Taos ...

Try this :

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cn.zte.ProximeitySensorClib&feature

If it doesn't work there is a .zip file that you need to flash

You can find it on some theme here in this forum, if not i will upload it to you when I get home.

(BTW I couldn't flash that .zip file so I copied files manually)

Guest rufus2005

Hi Wacky,

Ive had a problem like this with all of the roms apart from bluemonte which worked fine.

In cm7 and cm9 based roms i get round this by running the proximity calibrator that is built in, this creates a file called prox_data.txt that gets stored in your /data/misc folder. I then edit the values manually.

The problem is I dont know how to edit the values in Atomic roms, so cant help on that. I did ask myself on here but got reply.

Maybe tillaz can help us out on that one?

Guest dhoomktoo

my proximity sensor never worked on any rom.

can anyone point me to the zte dialer apk which i can install and run the proximity fix? got no luck while searching for a working link.?

Guest dhoomktoo

can you pls tell me which values work for you? I am on ice armor and no values seem to work for me..:(

Hi Wacky,

Ive had a problem like this with all of the roms apart from bluemonte which worked fine.

In cm7 and cm9 based roms i get round this by running the proximity calibrator that is built in, this creates a file called prox_data.txt that gets stored in your /data/misc folder. I then edit the values manually.

The problem is I dont know how to edit the values in Atomic roms, so cant help on that. I did ask myself on here but got reply.

Maybe tillaz can help us out on that one?

Guest rufus2005

can you pls tell me which values work for you? I am on ice armor and no values seem to work for me..:(

try changing theshold_hi to 952 and theshold_lo to 949

Guest Wacky.ddw

I had the same problem on my ZTE Skate with CM7

You need to see name of your proximity sensor maker

Mine is Taos ...

Try this :

https://play.google....sorClib

If it doesn't work there is a .zip file that you need to flash

You can find it on some theme here in this forum, if not i will upload it to you when I get home.

(BTW I couldn't flash that .zip file so I copied files manually)

I tried the ZTE sensor calib a few times but it doenst work, but i cant find the ZIP anywere do you have a clue in what topic it was?

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest dgonch

Hi

I also had troubles with prox sensor on Skate on any CM-7 (Android 2.3.7)- based ROM, while 2.3.5-ROMs worked fine. Proposed above application from the market told it is unsupported by my device...

It was really terrible untill I found this toppic Here with explanation of source of the trouble.

I used My Sensors app from the market to determine type of prox sensor - it appeared to be of second type - and applied the corresponding zip right after ROM and google apps were installed. But after that patch applied and the phone rebooted no calibration should be performed, it should work itself!

Hope, that would help you

:)

Guest Wacky.ddw

Hi

I also had troubles with prox sensor on Skate on any CM-7 (Android 2.3.7)- based ROM, while 2.3.5-ROMs worked fine. Proposed above application from the market told it is unsupported by my device...

It was really terrible untill I found this toppic Here with explanation of source of the trouble.

I used My Sensors app from the market to determine type of prox sensor - it appeared to be of second type - and applied the corresponding zip right after ROM and google apps were installed. But after that patch applied and the phone rebooted no calibration should be performed, it should work itself!

Hope, that would help you

:)

Thanks for your time!

Ok i found out that my device has the "TSL2771" "taos" Proximity sensor.

i think this is the second revision proximity sensor ZTE put in there devices

I flashed proxi_update2.zip Now instaid of the screen staying on it turns black instantly, so thats even worse than the video shows

________________________________________________________________________________________

I found a file under "/data/misc/prox" Wich has a different value on atomic 4 and 10.

H243L1G96 Atomic V4

H1534L4G32 Atomic V10

But replacing them does nothing...

________________________________________________________________________________________

Edit: I did a fresh atomic flash, then update 1. Does nothing then did a fresh atomic flash, then update 2. Does nothing.

So i think its because i changed the value's

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest Wacky.ddw

Question is if your kernel supports this type of prox sensor...

Good question, Atomic 4 had a old kernel with a option to upgrade to a "better battery life" kernel. But that changed in version 6 and from version 6 i have the problem and i really dont want to stay at version 4 :)

If you look to the video my phone reacts like there is no proximity sensor at all... On ROMs where the sensor is working faulty the screen turns black instantly.

Edited by Wacky.ddw

OK. Checked the kernel config of Atomic R10 and it has TSL2771 enabled. You say that in R4 prox worked OK.

So I would try to use boot.img from R4 in R10 just to see if it makes any difference.

If yes than problems are probably related to different kernel sources.

If no then problem is not the kernel but something else.

EDIT:

I checked my prox_threshold.txt and it says H601L4G32

So you can also try changing yours accordingly and see if it makes any difference...

Edited by C3C0

Guest Wacky.ddw

I checked my prox_threshold.txt and it says H601L4G32

So you can also try changing yours accordingly and see if it makes any difference...

This fixed it, thank you so mutch!

Since rufus2005 was talking about a file to change the value's i was thinking atomic should have one to, so i tried changing the numbers in that file to some random numbers but that didnt work. Then i tried the value from atomic V4 and that didnt work eigher. But the value you gave works perfectly.

Im going to reflash atomic and try it again to make sure it works. :)

___________________________________________________________________________________

For people who have the same proximity sensor as me can you try this yo confirm this is the problem:

First uninstall "ProximitySensorClib 1.0" using titanium backup.

(Or before you flash your rom open "AtOmIcMod-R10.zip" brows to \system\app" and delete "SensorClib.apk" before you flash Atomic.)

Download root explorer from the market and browse to "/data/misc/prox " and do a long press on the file "prox_threshold.txt" then scroll down the list till you see "Open in text editor" change the number to "H601L4G32" press the back button, it will ask you to save press "Yes" Reboot your phone and the proximity sensor should work. (For me it did)

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest Wacky.ddw

Well, it can differ from phone to phone. But maybe not :)

Actually it only works if i change it to "H601L1G32" not "H601L4G32" like on your phone maybe the 4 is the only number i need to change? I will keep testing if i keep the L4 then the screen goes black instantly :)

Edit it only worked the first time :s When i reflashed atomic your value didnt work anymore, nor did changing onle the fist 4 digits or only the 5th and 6th. Im going to keep messing with it :)

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest Wacky.ddw

Seems i have to delete the ProximitySensorClib 1.0 then change the value to "H601L1G32" and it works :) Thats the reason why it worked the first time because i allready deleted that :)

EDIT: "H601L4G32" also works, when i flash atomic it is This number at stock "H1534L4G32" witch is a 4 digit number, when i change this to any 3 digit number it works So i think deleting "ProximitySensorClib 1.0" and then chaning "HXXXXL4G32" into "HXXXL4G32" should do the trick :)

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest Wacky.ddw

Or you could chmod a-w prox file to remove write permisson so no app can overwrite it.

Wow you lost me there :P

I wouldnt know how to do that. But if the other people who are having the same problem as me can confirm this works, its would be really nice if someone could make a flashable ZIP that does this for them it should be really easy since its only flashing a .txt file to a directory. But i have 0 expirience with these things :)

Maybe make the file Read only so i cant be changed so the sensor keeps working. :)

I edited the first post so people can test if it works on there phones, ive test it over and over for a long while now. And how i explained it in the first post is the only solution that keeps working for me :)

Guest Wacky.ddw

OK. Here is the flashable zip which will:

1) install prox_threshold.txt with correct value

2) make the file read-only so it can't be overwritten by proxcal apps.

http://ceco.sk.eu.or...2771-update.zip

Thanks for the help i really appreciate it!

Im making a backup now, i will try reflashing atomic and then your fix and tell if it works. Anyway im really happy i can finally call normally again :)