Official ICS ROM release (for flash via ODIN) - I9100OXALPQ_XEO

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Hittori

I have installed it and now I got a brick. Let's try to install something else and unbrick it

Does anyone have any problem like mine???

Cheers

Had a bit of trouble finding a download for this, so I mirrored it.

CF-Root is available here.

P

Guest woutf

The rom works fine for me, although I can't stand the fact that Samsung doesn't use the AOSP calendar and email apps. Paul, could you maybe create an new ICS-version of the stock Google-apps, like you did for Gingerbread?

Guest Popple3

The rom works fine for me, although I can't stand the fact that Samsung doesn't use the AOSP calendar and email apps. Paul, could you maybe create an new ICS-version of the stock Google-apps, like you did for Gingerbread?

Would love to see this. Ran the CM9 alpha for a while, the stock ICS ROM apps are awesome.

Edited by Popple3

Guest Hittori

I got the same problem...

Second Go of reinstalation, lets try another one more time

Aaaargh, my one is stuck on boot screen!!!

Any help for this nubb would be greatly appreciated thank you

Guest philicibine

hey guys... i had the same booting issue...

connected to my pc... did adb reboot recovery whilst it was booting.. and then did a factory reset in recovery.

all is good!

Guest Hittori

I have downloaded it again, and after the installation when it was going to restart, I unplug the USB cable, and whatever it has to be done was done and now it is working :)

Cheers

I got the same problem...

Second Go of reinstalation, lets try another one more time

Guest goalfish

I've done this already but still stuck on bootscreen...

Can you walk me through step by step what you did exactly???

Thx

EDIT: Reboot in recovery, wiped/factory reset and wiped cache... rebooted and everything is up now.

Thx philicibine for the little pointer i missed there...

I have downloaded it again, and after the installation when it was going to restart, I unplug the USB cable, and whatever it has to be done was done and now it is working :)

Cheers

Edited by goalfish

Guest lucas.s

Hi Guys,

I've flashed using desktop Odin, restarted - all ok, then rooted using Odin. Starts up ok, works ok apart from not seeing applications on SD card.

I can access the card, all is there but system can't see the apps.

I've tried clearing dalvik, went to CWM and cleared cache partition, cleared dalvik again, fixed permissions. Rebooted again - seen the "optimizing applications" screen with the correct number of apps, but after finishing the boot I still can't see them.

Rebooted couple of times with and without SD card, still nothing.

Any idea anyone?

Thanks,

Lucas

Guest travisb

Updated fine via Odin Mobile. Only issue I've spotted is Go SMS Pro sends txt messages twice. Stock messaging client works as nature intended

Guest voicelady

Hello,

Would you share the link with me of the rom you downloaded? I am on a verizon galaxy nexus. :) Thanks.. I am a newbie.

+1 for ics music, ics calendar, ics mms and ics gallery :)

PS: Forgot ICS Camera :D

Guest MarcoUK

Updated fine via Odin Mobile. Only issue I've spotted is Go SMS Pro sends txt messages twice. Stock messaging client works as nature intended

ChompSMS does this too.

I am also having issues with GPU acceleration causing processes to hang. (Gallery/Launcher Pro)

Guest the_evertonian

This works great for me. I swapped it for the Three UK release, but found that it disabled my X9 and gave me a 'qwertz' keyboard, so I went back to this one.

Guest Lew247

This works great for me. I swapped it for the Three UK release, but found that it disabled my X9 and gave me a 'qwertz' keyboard, so I went back to this one.

Go into your settings and change the keyboard settings to English UK

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hands0n

I had the same problem with ending up with a bricked SGS2 the first time I ran the install using Odin. A re-do sorted it out just fine and the SGS2 booted up with no problem. Not sure what is going on with the update, but the second run through the process fixes it fine.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jr866gooner

+100 for this!