• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

How to root your HTC One S (for Windows, Mac and Linux)

42 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi, The process worked for me the second time. But my bootloader still shows "Tampered". Is this something that can be fixed? Thanks

Posted

Same with my phone!

bootloader shows ***tampered*** and after executing the shellscript (well actually the *.bat file), it shows me the HTC Logo with a red text which shows up so short that I cannot even read that ^^.

Any ideas?

Posted

How do I undo the install? I ran install-superboot-windows.bat and everything was working well. Tmobile just pushed an OTA and I think it unrooted me. SUPERSU cant update the binaries. I need to re-root I think but first I want to remove superboot. WHat is your recommendations?

Thanks,

Jimmy

Posted

Hello Paul, I guess this one has the same issue as your CWM. It does not work on S3 based HTC One S... hope that it can support the S3 version soon as more and more of us are getting that version! Anything we can do to help?

Posted

After unlocking the bootloader on my One S, can I just do this to root it, and still keep my phone the same, or do I absolutely HAVE to flash a rom or CWM or something like that? Sorry, I'm a bit of a noob to this!

Posted

j salvation was coughing a problem with my htc s one orange fr i unlock the bootloader ok May the root with Superboot r3 does not work on such a redemarer on htc page of writing there had red jai jai CAREFUL do not download root check sorry it marks this device does not Have proper root access maider I thank you for c if c an s3 or s4 s c a one android 4.0.3 version 4.0 commen sence is made whether c an s3 or s4 thank you

Posted

Hello,

After doing the procedure, the phone reboot but the screen goes all black, I can still here phone sounds but can't see anything.

Posted

This seems to have stopped working now since the update from HTC last week. It all looks like it's run OK but none of my apps requiring it can get root access.

Posted

Will this still work with H1S updated to Software Version 3.16.401.8 ( Android 4.1.1 ) ?

jm2p Zeph

Posted

worked great on my htc one S. i DONT KNOW WHY it did not download the boot image the 7 previous times i tried, but finally worked. keep at it. Paul's procedure does work.

Posted

Hi !

I got a One SV about two weeks ago and i'm starting to mess with it.

I'm wondering if there's a possibility that the wonderful superboot tool could be used on the One SV.

So here are my questions :

- Is the superboot used for One S the same that for the One X, for example ?

- If not, what's the difference between them and how could we make one useable on the One SV ?

- If it is the same, could it be used directly on the One SV

And here's a bonus question : if i try it and it messes up my phone, will i be able to flash a recovery and a ruu to fix it ?

Thanks !

Mat

Posted

HI, I have a Tmo HTC One S that I just upgraded to Jelly Bean with the OEM over the air update. It unrooted my phone. Attempts to reroot sort of worked (root was confirm by a root checker) but SuperSU keeps telling me that its binaries need updating. I assume the binaries were part of the superboot R3 image. is there a newer version of superboot that I should use instead? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Posted

I followed this tutorial. My phone [HTC One S] booted up, but I have no Superuser app, and when I downloaded a root checker it said my phone was NOT rooted. Any help?

Also this doesn't have anything to do with this process, but when I unlocked my bootloader using the htcdev guide, my phone was reset and I lost all apps, phone #s etc. Seems to have been a complete factory reset.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted

Hi folks. I wanna aquire a One s .. It's a good phone ?

Posted

Waiting for your responses.

Posted

hey, help please!
it's stuck when i start superboot, it says '' This build...'' 
My phone doesn't shut down or anything else. 
what can i do?