[ROM] Performance Rom 4.3b *Play Store Fixed* Must Apply Patch After Setting Up Play

Guest Pinguy

Guest Pinguy

I have just finished uploading the new version. The links up now are for the new one. I didn't bother changing the version number because its only got a slight change done to it. The ROM now auto-zipalign the data apks on boot. Thats about it. So its not a huge update thats why I kept the same version number. If you want it you can re-download it. But to be honest if you have already got 4.2c installed there isn't really a huge need to install this version.

Edited by Pinguy

Guest Hansmaiser2

Hi all,

I have installed your rom 4.2c. Its really great, I love it!

But I have one question, how do I start the supercharger script? How can I change the settings for the script?

Regards

Hans

Guest Pinguy

Hi all,

I have installed your rom 4.2c. Its really great, I love it!

But I have one question, how do I start the supercharger script? How can I change the settings for the script?

Regards

Hans

Its added as a init.d script so it gets started at boot, you don't have to do anything. its called 99SuperCharger and its in /system/etc/init.d.

If you want to change the settings you will need to download the script and run it to change the settings in init.d. But there isn't a huge amount of setting you could change. Just the few values for the memory and I have already choose the best value.

The script that you download is mainly for generating the init.d script. Once you have that the one you downloaded is pretty useless.

Edited by Pinguy

Guest Hansmaiser2
Its added as a init.d script so it gets started at boot, you don't have to do anything. its called 99SuperCharger and its in /system/etc/init.d.

If you want to change the settings you will need to download the script and run it to change the settings in init.d. But there isn't a huge amount of setting you could change. Just the few values for the memory and I have already choose the best value.

The script that you download is mainly for generating the init.d script. Once you have that the one you downloaded is pretty useless.

Ok, so everything is fine, thanks for the quick reply!

Guest andrea938

Man this rom is awesome!!

It's my first cooked rom....thank you so much!

PS : i've encountered an error in android.process.acora or something similari when i opened contacts.... solved deleting contact data files

Guest Pinguy

Sorry about this girls and boys but I found that the memory profile I was using was a bit to aggressive. I have now made it more balanced and should work much better. Its still version 4.2c but the new links are up now. Just waiting for the Mirrors to be done.

You don't have to re-download the ROM you can change the settings yourself.

Download and extract this zip.

V6_SuperCharger_for_Android-Update9_RC8.2.sh.zip

Place the .sh file somewhere on your sd card.

Install Script Manager and run it. Find the script you just placed onto your SD-Card and run it as Root (the SU button). Then pick option 6 (options 5,6,7 will all be fine. Just use one that works well for you.)

Full Guide.

http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=991276

EDIT#

Mirrors are up now.

Edited by Pinguy

Guest scotth324

I installed the latest version and have again gone about trying to remove the apps I don't want but they seem very stuck about getting out. Tried uninstalling with link2sd and deleting the apks in system and root uninstaller but they like to stick there. I'm talking about File Expert and More Locale. The file explorer would be good if I didn't have to buy the pro version. Also the Juice Defender sticks and doesn't want to uninstall either. I use ES File Explorer for my file manager and it works perfectly. Also the battery drain seems somewhat high to me. Gonna keep on giving it a go and see how it goes but if there were a way to make it easier to get rid of un-needed apps it would be good.

The upgrading while keeping my apps worked I might add.

Also does it make the phone perform better to have the apps in system rather than on the sd-ext? I have always tried to put everything on sd-ext to save the phone memory.

Guest jiego

Performance Rom 4.2c

Removed Auto Memory Manager as its not needed as V6 SuperCharger now manages the memory.

This is the last update to the 4.2 series. The next release will be version 5 and hopefully will come with more languages.

If someone would like to give me a hand with added more languages to the ROM just send me a PM or just post here.

New links up on the main post.

Chinese is mine,haha laugh.gifbiggrin.gif

Guest Pinguy

I installed the latest version and have again gone about trying to remove the apps I don't want but they seem very stuck about getting out. Tried uninstalling with link2sd and deleting the apks in system and root uninstaller but they like to stick there. I'm talking about File Expert and More Locale. The file explorer would be good if I didn't have to buy the pro version. Also the Juice Defender sticks and doesn't want to uninstall either. I use ES File Explorer for my file manager and it works perfectly. Also the battery drain seems somewhat high to me. Gonna keep on giving it a go and see how it goes but if there were a way to make it easier to get rid of un-needed apps it would be good.

The upgrading while keeping my apps worked I might add.

Also does it make the phone perform better to have the apps in system rather than on the sd-ext? I have always tried to put everything on sd-ext to save the phone memory.

Reboot the phone and the apps will be gone. The apps are saved in System to save space. The phone is partitioned as system/data/sdcard. Data is where all of your apps that you download and installed are stored. Putting apps in the system partition frees up space in data. Even with what I have placed in the system partition there is 12MB of free space that is wasted in system. Most custom ROMs don't use system to store apps as most won't work being placed there. I had to do trial and error to find what apps worked in system and which ones didn't.

This is the layout of are phone:

System: 198MB

Data: 185MB

SD-Card: What ever size your SD is.

Guest since1019

after i flash the rom 4.2c, i found the home button is not working at all

i try to flash back t&l rom, the home button is working,

is it only i facing this problem?

Guest Pinguy

after i flash the rom 4.2c, i found the home button is not working at all

i try to flash back t&l rom, the home button is working,

is it only i facing this problem?

It sucks because I wised for you that you could keep your data but it seems like you may have to do a clean install. The home button isn't an issue with the ROM it does work so the only reason it wouldn't work is because of your saved data from the t&l rom.

Guest scotth324

Keeping the data and ext worked for me when going from 4.2c to the newest version. Didn't try from t&l. Not sure if that will help.

Guest spicysomtam

This is a fantastic rom. I am using the vanilla version.

However a slight issue for me is the sip dialing function has disappeared from the dialer. Should be in call settings advanced settings. Will try and dig out a fix from the various threads on this forum.

Guest spicysomtam

No sip dialing issue: I followed this guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1354838

However it doesn't work. I think this turns the option on IF the code exists for it. I recon the code does not exit for sip dialing. That is, it needs more work than just turning the option on. I rebuilt the .apk with the setting set to false and dropped it back into PerformanceRomV4.2b_signed-Vanilla-Links2SD.zip. On reinstall, I checked /system/framework-res.apk and the tweaked file is there so its getting installed. Followed the clear cache/dalvik cache instructions.

Anyone with experience of getting sip/internet calling back on the stock Acer rom?

Guest Pinguy

No sip dialing issue: I followed this guide: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1354838

However it doesn't work. I think this turns the option on IF the code exists for it. I recon the code does not exit for sip dialing. That is, it needs more work than just turning the option on. I rebuilt the .apk with the setting set to false and dropped it back into PerformanceRomV4.2b_signed-Vanilla-Links2SD.zip. On reinstall, I checked /system/framework-res.apk and the tweaked file is there so its getting installed. Followed the clear cache/dalvik cache instructions.

Anyone with experience of getting sip/internet calling back on the stock Acer rom?

https://play.google.....sipdroid.sipua

https://play.google....=com.csipsimple

This one works with 3G

https://play.google....id=org.linphone

Also I just put the phone in SD download mode and installed Acer_LiquidMT_4.000.13_EMEA_GEN1 to see if it had sip/internet calling and it hasn't. So the default dialer hasn't got this feature so I am unsure what you was using before.

Edited by Pinguy

Guest Pinguy

No sip dialing issue: I followed this guide: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1354838

OK I have now built it into the ROM, new versions are being uploaded.

Edited by Pinguy

Guest Pinguy

PerformanceRomV4.3

• Sip/Internet Calling over WIFi or 3G.
  • Fully Multi-Lingual. Has the same amount of languages as Cyanogen.
  • Plus some other minor changes.

DOWNLOAD - Vanilla Version - Links2SD

DOWNLOAD - Vanilla Version - AD2SDX

DOWNLOAD - Blue ICS Themed Version - Links2SD

DOWNLOAD - Blue ICS Themed Version - AD2SDX

Edited by Pinguy

Guest vikings123

PerformanceRomV4.3

• Sip/Internet Calling over WIFi or 3G.
  • Fully Multi-Lingual. Has the same amount of languages as Cyanogen.
  • Plus some other minor changes.

DOWNLOAD - Vanilla Version - Links2SD

DOWNLOAD - Vanilla Version - AD2SDX

DOWNLOAD - Blue ICS Themed Version - Links2SD

DOWNLOAD - Blue ICS Themed Version - AD2SDX

Just upgraded to 4.2c and 4.3 is out!

You are amazing!

Do I need to WIPE before flash the new version?

Guest Pinguy

It seems the buttery life is more short now :/ (4.2c)

Do this please: http://www.androidau...ery-life-43307/

You probably just need to re-calibrate the battery.

Just upgraded to 4.2c and 4.3 is out!

You are amazing!

Do I need to WIPE before flash the new version?

I would do a wipe. There are a few things in data that needs copying over.

I wouldn't worry about there being another update soon so its safe to start over :) I had some set goals I wanted for the ROM and I have achieved 95% of them now (I thought it would take me longer to add all the features I wanted, thats why there has been so many updates in the last week). The other changes I want to make are to do with the kernel and I have no clue how to tweak the kernel. Hopefully TechnoLover can add the features I am after in his next release.

Edited by Pinguy

Guest diocagnara

Tnks a lot for your awesome work! But i have problems with 4.2b and 4.2c!

With 4.2 C (vanilla ad2sdX version) i see only half free ram. (around 60 mb or less).. O_o

With 4.2 B (Vanilla ad2sdX version) i see 200/230 mb free ram (very great) but if i install games or software big, i recive a low interal memory allert (but i see 2.1 Gb internal memory) (I followed the tutorial for the 16 gb micro sd class 10)... And the phone is slow with games and applications...

Have you ideas for my problem?

Guest Pinguy

Tnks a lot for your awesome work! But i have problems with 4.2b and 4.2c!

With 4.2 C (vanilla ad2sdX version) i see only half free ram. (around 60 mb or less).. O_o

With 4.2 B (Vanilla ad2sdX version) i see 200/230 mb free ram (very great) but if i install games or software big, i recive a low interal memory allert (but i see 2.1 Gb internal memory) (I followed the tutorial for the 16 gb micro sd class 10)... And the phone is slow with games and applications...

Have you ideas for my problem?

Read this from the main post.

I Would also install SD Maid if you decide to use the AD2SDX version as there is no way of telling how much internal memory is being used (but don't use it to clean the system as this can break apps). When the internal memory is full the phone will start having issues. So keep an eye on it. Remember using this you can still move apps to the SD as you would normally. App2SD is installed on the AD2SDX version and is a good way of doing batch moves, it also tells you which apps are safe to move and which ones aren't.

In 4.2c I changed the way memory worked so you could do multitasking. Having that much memory free in 4.2B makes the phone run fast but if you have to many programs open the phone will crash.

Sorry about this girls and boys but I found that the memory profile I was using was a bit to aggressive. I have now made it more balanced and should work much better. Its still version 4.2c but the new links are up now. Just waiting for the Mirrors to be done.

You don't have to re-download the ROM you can change the settings yourself.

Download and extract this zip.

V6_SuperCharger_for_Android-Update9_RC8.2.sh.zip

Place the .sh file somewhere on your sd card.

Install Script Manager and run it. Find the script you just placed onto your SD-Card and run it as Root (the SU button). Then pick option 6 (options 5,6,7 will all be fine. Just use one that works well for you.)

Full Guide.

http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=991276

If you would like to change the settings for the memory profile.