[HOW TO] Unlock the Orange San Francisco II - Complete, beginner, noob friendly guide.

Hi, I have created a very simple and detailed guide for unlocking the Orange San Francisco II for free. My aim was to create a guide with the novice in mind - everything is explained, with plenty of screenshots and tips along the way. It took me several days to put this guide together, and it's split up in to 8 pages - anyone can follow this guide with ease. This guide will work for stock phones, and phones with custom ROMs installed. Note, you will loose everything that isn't on your SD card, so you may wish to backup beforehand.

How to unlock the Orange San Francisco II for free

You can use this guide with the T-Mobile Vivacity. Just use a Vivacity ROM and Vivacity kernel instead of the files on page 3.

I have also created a guide for installing custom ROMs from scratch, which you may find useful after unlocking.

I hope you find my guides useful. If you need any help or have a suggestion, please do get in touch with me!

Edited by Guest

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Very nice!

Might cut down on the posts on our forums tho :P

EDIT: Having read it, it really needs to be stickied here ;)

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest user_SF2

Hi,

Thanks for the detailed guide.

I have 1 ques.....I dont find any details about unlocking the phone in the guide or am I missing something ?

Is installing custom rom automatically unlock the phone ? ( Its my early days to Android and unlocking...don't know much about it)

Edited by user_SF2

Guest damon80

Hi,

I'm getting an error when trying to install md5.exe, as per the following step in the "Download and copy the required files to your phone" section:

3. Open the Stock ROMs folder and open md5.exe (or md5)

The error I get says the version of this file is not compatible with my version of Windows.

I'm running the 32bit version of WIndows 7.

Anyone any ideas???

Hi,

I'm getting an error when trying to install md5.exe, as per the following step in the "Download and copy the required files to your phone" section:

3. Open the Stock ROMs folder and open md5.exe (or md5)

The error I get says the version of this file is not compatible with my version of Windows.

I'm running the 32bit version of WIndows 7.

Anyone any ideas???

Hi, delete the old md5.exe and replace it with this one. Does this solve the problem?

Guest damon80

Yep, that's done the trick - cheers!

Before I go any further, do I need to make a note of the WiFi or MAC address of my phone at all? Or any other details?

Yep, that's done the trick - cheers!

Before I go any further, do I need to make a note of the WiFi or MAC address of my phone at all? Or any other details?

Nope.

Guest damon80

Whoops!! *Titas

Apologies! :)

I'm now running Fish n Chips 4 now, installed as per the guide linked to at the end of the unlocking guide - thanks again :)

• 3 months later...
Guest vinokirk

Not Found

The requested URL /downloads/osf-ii/drivers/osf-ii-driver-windows.exe was not found on this server.

Anyone got a mirror?

Edited by vinokirk

• 5 months later...
Guest beautifulily

This guide was so easy to follow - thank you for posting it!

The only thing was (and I think it might have been a problem with my phone) when I think I bricked it. It was stuck on the Android logo after I checked to see if it could be in FTM mode. Like, I got it in FTM mode and then turned it off and took the battery out and turned it on again, but it wouldn't boot no matter how long a time I left it for. I went on with the guide anyway and had absolutely no problems, and my laptop recognised my phone, so ... I think it was just having a funny few minutes.

Anyway, thanks for posting it!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Typhus_

Thanks for the guide. Looks really cool and simple.

But...

You can use this guide with the T-Mobile Vivacity. Just use a Vivacity ROM and Vivacity kernel instead of the files on page 3.

Can anyone post here those two pretty little files? Please? It's just that I'm tired of searching and still got doubts on which ones to use...

Or, do you think I can just follow the instructions listed on THIS post?

Thank you!

Edited by Typhus_

• 1 year later...
Guest jem2369

I've got a a San Francisco II which won't boot past the Android logo.

I've read the guide which is really easy to follow.

However, all the downloads point to unbuntuone which unfortuntly closed down in June 2014 which is a shame as it  looks like it will solve my issue.

Could anyone point me to similair downloads or otherwise advise how as a noob I can get my San Francisco going again?