Problem with recovery manager

Guest bruara

Guest bruara

Hi,

I have a ZTE Blade with Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 and Android 2.2. A year go I can flash to this release easily, without problems. The mobile phone works fine but now I want to change the ROM but I can't enter on recovery manager screen, I start the phone with volume down pressed but appear a blue stripes on the screen and don't go further. I take of the battery and start ZTE normally and he works fine. I just can't enter on recovery manager.

Anyone can help me ?

Best Regards

Bruno

Guest bladebuddy

Hi,

I have a ZTE Blade with Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 and Android 2.2. A year go I can flash to this release easily, without problems. The mobile phone works fine but now I want to change the ROM but I can't enter on recovery manager screen, I start the phone with volume down pressed but appear a blue stripes on the screen and don't go further. I take of the battery and start ZTE normally and he works fine. I just can't enter on recovery manager.

Anyone can help me ?

Best Regards

Bruno

You could go back and try the original files you used to root and install cwm recovery. Option 2 download rom manager app and try using the flash latest recovery. Option 3 flash an all in one TPT like Swedish SPRING rls6 that already has cw recovery installed. Option 4 search the forum for more options.

DO NOT USE ROM MANAGER APP METHOD ! sorry for suggesting this.

P.S There is a option to flash older versions of recovery with this app. I think its the last option. Just make sure if it is possible to download a version of recovery no later then mentioned in the posts below.

Edited by bladebuddy

Guest matt4321

If I remember rightly I think Japanese Jellyfish is gen1 and if you've been using it for a year you may have updated your ClockworkMod Recovery unintentionally to the latest version which is actually gen2 only, if this is the problem (use ask mr pigfish to determine if you're gen1 or gen2) then you need to downgrade to ClockworkMod Recovery 3.0.1.4 which is the latest gen1 compatible version

Guest bladebuddy

If I remember rightly I think Japanese Jellyfish is gen1 and if you've been using it for a year you may have updated your ClockworkMod Recovery unintentionally to the latest version which is actually gen2 only, if this is the problem (use ask mr pigfish to determine if you're gen1 or gen2) then you need to downgrade to ClockworkMod Recovery 3.0.1.4 which is the latest gen1 compatible version

Could have sworn that when I first went from gen1 to gen2 the last thing I did was update cw recovery through rom manager and I was definitely gen1 only the roms on there are gen2 only. Unless something has changed. Would be good if someone can definitely verify.

Guest bladebuddy

Your 100 per cent right just checked on another untouched phone and the recovery on there is the one you mention sorry for the bad advice.