Clockworkmod recovery v5.0

Guest Lens_flare

Guest Lens_flare

Lens_flare presents:

post-785028-0-09531200-1332077795_thumb.

ClockWorkMod-based Recovery v 5.0.2.8

That recovery is aimed to be an official representation of actual Liquid Mt CM community status (maybe kind Koush would look forward to support us).

I don't know actual changelog, maybe it is somewhere over clockworkmod.com.

Install guide as for Vache' 3.0:

Activate Debug USB on your phone.

Plug your phone to your computer with your USB cable.

Unzip the "RecoveryMT-3.0" folder from the zip file.

Launch "install_recovery.cmd".

Thx Vache for that installation script :]

Download link: ->>> http://loveforever.g....0.2.8 - Mt.zip

note: key combos for recovery are:

Volume Up/Down and "home"/"menu" capacitive buttons - navigate to menu item

Camera Button and "search capacitive button" - commit menu item select

"back" capacitive button - back

GIT Source: ->>> https://github.com/N...endor_acer_paso

Technolover builds:

Same but with EXT2 Backup support ->>> http://code.google.c...&q=#makechanges

recovery 5.5.0.4 (NOT A TOUCH RECOVERY)->>> http://code.google.c...MT.zip&can=2&q=

note: key combos for ics recovery are:

Volume Up/Down - navigate to menu item

Camera Button - commit menu item select

Power Button - back

Edited by Lens_flare

Guest VJftw

Cool :P

EDIT#

Its a lot slower then 4.0.0.8 and it still doesn't backup the SD-EXT :(

On a side note RecoveryManager works really well with Acer Liquid Mt to easily change between Recovery's.

http://android.modac...ager-v036-beta/

i don't think sd-ext is actually mounted in the system with Link2SD. might have to add that in yourself to the mountscript

Guest Don Tsnm

The install work perfectly (on win 7 x64).

The backup is working very nice and is more informative, it show a detailed process. But it is a bit slowly :huh:

Guest VJftw

I'm pretty sure that the 2nd part of the sd card is being mounted to /data/sdext2. type df into terminal and you'll see what i mean :). so we can manually backup by copying over from there..

I've tried making a symlink via terminal, but it hasn't gone well.

ln -s /sd-ext /data/sdext2

gives me 'link failed File Exists' :s

EDIT:

Managed to create a link using Root Explorer.

1. long click on the sdext2 folder inside /data and select Create link to this folder.

2. go to the root of the phone, paste it there.

3. delete the original sd-ext folder that's empty.

4. rename sdext2 to sd-ext.

damn. nevermind backing up via cwm still didn't work.

Edited by VJftw

Guest liqMT

Hi metal ones

I'm just registered here, just to make cyanogen guys know that there is one other pending user, regard to the job of Vache and You Lens-Flare, and the cool sorrodje guy in the french ubuntu forum who held my hand in mind, so that I've just reached flashing recoveryMT3.0 (based on cmw 4.0.0.8, if I understand something).

Now I saw it was "so easy" :rolleyes: (I wanted 100% linux pathway), I'm just wandering if it's worth flashing to this new state-of-the-[he]art V5.0. Maybe I should find the changelogs from stock cwm releases between 4.0.0.8 and 5.0.2.8?

And (maybe I abuse?) if the root privilege I got since some hours is the same thing as installing superuser?

Glad I found such enthusiasts. There seem to be girls around too, cool.

Bye-bye

Guest liqMT

erm, there seem the sources/changelogs are undisclosed. Still stucked wandering what are the diffs between superuser, z4root, unrevoked, supernandroot and maybe other stuff when i thought installing a CWM recovery would root the phone...

Guest liqMT

Sorry, I didn't see the github link to sources, then my firefox 11 crashed when I visit. fixed with ff12beta.

Now I've seen the nikolas' github repo, I have the very question that comes back to my mind: why do I am still feeling there's ostracism against Acer from cyanogen? Where could I read something about that?

Thank you

Edited by liqMT

Guest TechnoLover

fixed sd-ext recovery

if you get an error on backup run this command in shell when in recovery mode

e2fsck /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
or
e2fsck -y /dev/block/mmcblk0p2

first one lets you choose if you want to fix errors, second one fixes every error

Download: http://code.google.c...&q=#makechanges

it crashes your second partition, do NOT use it.

Edited by TechnoLover

Guest coffeedrinker

I tried this on my MT the other day and it didn't work for me. I thought I'd wait to a couple of days before posting just to see if anyone else had a problem, but the thread has been very quiet. Anyway I've now gone back to V3. l So what happened was the install script worked perfectly and afterwards the phone booted up and worked normally. rebooted into recovery OK scrolled down to install zip from sdcard pressed camera button.... waited at least 3 minutes nothing happened. scrolled up to apply update from sdcard.. pressed camera button nothing happened. scrolled up to reboot system now pressed camera button after about 2 minutes phone rebooted. Installed it all again and this time even the reboot didn't work. V3 is fine for me, I just wondered if others are having the same problems ?

Guest coffeedrinker

hey, it's not flashable zip! it installs like 3.0

Sorry, i didn't explain very well. I did use the install_recovery same as V3.0 and this was successful. the phone does reboot into CWM 5.0.2.8 and shows the menu reboot system now, apply update from sdcard etc..... I can scroll down and highlight each line but when i press the camera key to select for example install zip, nothing happens and this is the same for all options. I have just tried this again it definitely doesn't work on my phone. I hope i have explained it well enough now.

Guest gavin(*)

The new recovery make use of the four navigation keys instead of the three physical buttons.

Home - up

Menu - down

Search - select

Back - back

Guest coffeedrinker

The new recovery make use of the four navigation keys instead of the three physical buttons.

Home - up

Menu - down

Search - select

Back - back

Thanks, I must have missed that. lol. I'll try it again

Yeah all working easy when you know how !!smile.gif

funny though because the volume keys still move it up and down.

Edited by coffeedrinker

Guest Yoda99q3

I would like to partition my sdcard with CWM Recover 5.0.2.8 but i can't seem to find the option in the menus when i'm in recovery. Am i missing something or is it done another way in this version?

Guest Lens_flare
I would like to partition my sdcard with CWM Recover 5.0.2.8

no such option, use linux :P

Edited by Lens_flare

Guest scotth324

Hey Lens. Can you change the ext partition in Linux from ext2 to ext3 or ext4 without it formatting the partition? I'm installing a dual boot of xubuntu right now.