BEST ROM Is One which Has BEST TOUCHSCREEN & SWIFT KEYBOARD--Qualifier is Rexchun 2.3.4(Wangjin89)

Guest kooldroid

Guest kooldroid

HI Everyone/ROM developers,

I am just a newbie.I am not a developer not a techie.Just an admirer to the art of making custom ROMs.I would like to give my suggestions here.The first thing which makes any ROM great is its ability to deliver touch sensitivity and second is the swift keystroke.I have frankly tried many of these beautiful ROMs created by the most

creative ROM makers here.But I found that in most of these ROMS, they added many new features.But the touchscreen and keystroke keys are not swift which somewhat reduces and dampens all the hard work done by ROM developer to make a good ROM as implementers are not able to actually use the new feautures , they admire the feature but donot want to use it for the second time as the touch to use them is not good.I used so many ROMs and just removed them beacuse touch and keystroke were not sensitive.But I would really admire is Rexchun 2.3.4(Wangjin89) ROM(BO2).Its a classic example for other ROMS...Just see the touch and swift keys ..it tells all the story....love using it.....So i would request all the ROM Developers to put greater attention to ROMs effectiveness for touch senstivity to make their ROM get all the credits for all the hardwork done to create it.Thanks.

Guest ironzy

thanks for the recomendation, I always go back to this rom ICSv4_2.3.7_based_on_257 and find this one the best, after trying other roms the touch sensitivity is horrible compared to this one, i dont know if its the kernal or not that makes it sensitive but its the one i always go back to.

Guest kooldroid

thanks for the recomendation, I always go back to this rom ICSv4_2.3.7_based_on_257 and find this one the best, after trying other roms the touch sensitivity is horrible compared to this one, i dont know if its the kernal or not that makes it sensitive but its the one i always go back to.

:o :( Everytime I try to download rom ICSv4_2.3.7_based_on_257 from Racerom site.It completes download befaore downloading 97.74 MB.It downloads only approx 57 Mb of the file.Can you give me another link for this ROM or can you upload it for me somewhere.

Guest equiliym

HI Everyone/ROM developers,

I am just a newbie.I am not a developer not a techie.Just an admirer to the art of making custom ROMs.I would like to give my suggestions here.The first thing which makes any ROM great is its ability to deliver touch sensitivity and second is the swift keystroke.I have frankly tried many of these beautiful ROMs created by the most

creative ROM makers here.But I found that in most of these ROMS, they added many new features.But the touchscreen and keystroke keys are not swift which somewhat reduces and dampens all the hard work done by ROM developer to make a good ROM as implementers are not able to actually use the new feautures , they admire the feature but donot want to use it for the second time as the touch to use them is not good.I used so many ROMs and just removed them beacuse touch and keystroke were not sensitive.But I would really admire is Rexchun 2.3.4(Wangjin89) ROM(BO2).Its a classic example for other ROMS...Just see the touch and swift keys ..it tells all the story....love using it.....So i would request all the ROM Developers to put greater attention to ROMs effectiveness for touch senstivity to make their ROM get all the credits for all the hardwork done to create it.Thanks.

if rexchun gave source to his kernel we would all have that kind of calibration and sensitivity tbh..

Guest kooldroid

if rexchun gave source to his kernel we would all have that kind of calibration and sensitivity tbh..

I understand and appreciate your comments....Equiliym !!!!

Guest Archer_cn

Yes, Rexchun's last rom and its kernel make a perfect touchscreen for Racer. But it has serious battery drain issue, reaally a pity that Rexchun not releasing his source.:mellow::unsure:

Guest ironzy

:o :( Everytime I try to download rom ICSv4_2.3.7_based_on_257 from Racerom site.It completes download befaore downloading 97.74 MB.It downloads only approx 57 Mb of the file.Can you give me another link for this ROM or can you upload it for me somewhere.

works fine for me, i dont have any other links though sorry

Guest equiliym

Yes, Rexchun's last rom and its kernel make a perfect touchscreen for Racer. But it has serious battery drain issue, reaally a pity that Rexchun not releasing his source.:mellow::unsure:

my battery was really messed up so i didnt notice the drain issue.. did charge once daily tho lol.. but yes, his source would make everything so much easier :(

Guest kooldroid

works fine for me, i dont have any other links though sorry

I somehow got the cm7_2.3.7_Racer_full-257v2 from racerboy's own link.Tried it,I will say its equally awesome.And touch screen is very sensitive and if we flash it with Vamshi's kernal : vamshi_racer_kernel_2.6.32.9#68, the performance increases more.But I believe this makes it extra sensitive means calibration is not right.You will notice it when you use the keyboard...you press a key softly..it types it double...also more sensitivity leads to type wrong keys if you type fast.Also you have to install for wifi tethering separately.I used it for 2 days and really admire it but I donot want something where I am not able to type fastly with friends...so returing back to BO2.It drains battery but its OK...I have two many charge points...:P B) .I would like rexchun to remove the fast battery drain from BO2.Hope he can fill it in a pot full of charges...;)

Guest kooldroid

really nice roms for the racer, would be racerboys # 224,or 224v2 both really good balanced rom ,and worth a look :)

Hi plegdroid...I liked racerboy's #257...will definately try #224.

Guest freebooter

I have been trying several 2.3 roms that all use Vamshi's kernel and find it too sensitive as well. So far I have tried the Lewa and Racerboy's cm7 RC1 and 224. The Lewa one seems the worst but I am finding similar problems with the others. I was hoping the older 224 version may use a different kernel but it is the same Vamshi v68.

I find that I am selecting items when I am trying to scroll. Sometimes in apps that have several pages next to each other the display moves to another page when I am trying to select something. Moving around webpages when browsing is also often unpredictable.

Previously I was using equilim's Sense 2.2 rom and didn't have these problems but wanted to move to a more recent android version. If I can't solve this sensitivity problem I will have to go back to the Sense 2.2 but I do find some things better with the 2.3 roms ie gps. Also I don't really want the Sense theming and apps.

I see Deadbeat's kernel mentioned. How does that one compare to Vamshi's, especially wrt sensitivity?

Guest equiliym

Also I don't really want the Sense theming and apps.

i based my sense like 2.2 rom on my teapot 2.2, just themed it heavily, if you want a casual looking 2.2 then try that, same as sense just without themes and those stuffs

Guest freebooter

Equilym, I had a look on raceroms and searched the forum but can't find your teapot rom?

I have actually just installed the deadbeat kernel linked on the xperia rom thread. So far the sensitivity seems much better than Vamshi for me. I have noticed that it doesn't have the smartass2 governor that is often recommended. I don't know what else is different.

Guest equiliym

Equilym, I had a look on raceroms and searched the forum but can't find your teapot rom?

I have actually just installed the deadbeat kernel linked on the xperia rom thread. So far the sensitivity seems much better than Vamshi for me. I have noticed that it doesn't have the smartass2 governor that is often recommended. I don't know what else is different.

as for smartassv2 governor, that is vamshis custom mod on his own kernel, for others just use ondemand, i use that usually.. and for my teapot rom, you can download it from this thread on AS forums (my community) and also this thread with morphs to make it fancy and colorful :)

Guest freebooter

Thanks for the links. I will have a look if I decide to go back to 2.2.

I notice your Sense 2.3 rom uses deadbeat's kernel but you have changed to vamshi's for your ligux rom. Why did you change? I am just trying to understand what the pros and cons are between the two.

Guest equiliym

Thanks for the links. I will have a look if I decide to go back to 2.2.

I notice your Sense 2.3 rom uses deadbeat's kernel but you have changed to vamshi's for your ligux rom. Why did you change? I am just trying to understand what the pros and cons are between the two.

mostly because of battery usage, people and vamshi also said his smartassv2 governor saves more battery than deadlinks kernel so i switched.. and also deadlinks kernel doesnt boot with usb cable in phone which i use alot for debugging when building and testing roms which is rather annoying too

Guest kooldroid

I have been trying several 2.3 roms that all use Vamshi's kernel and find it too sensitive as well. So far I have tried the Lewa and Racerboy's cm7 RC1 and 224. The Lewa one seems the worst but I am finding similar problems with the others. I was hoping the older 224 version may use a different kernel but it is the same Vamshi v68.

I find that I am selecting items when I am trying to scroll. Sometimes in apps that have several pages next to each other the display moves to another page when I am trying to select something. Moving around webpages when browsing is also often unpredictable.

Previously I was using equilim's Sense 2.2 rom and didn't have these problems but wanted to move to a more recent android version. If I can't solve this sensitivity problem I will have to go back to the Sense 2.2 but I do find some things better with the 2.3 roms ie gps. Also I don't really want the Sense theming and apps.

I see Deadbeat's kernel mentioned. How does that one compare to Vamshi's, especially wrt sensitivity?

HI Bro...Just a suggestion..why dont you try Rexchuns BO2.It will not disappoint atleast in terms of touch and sensivity.However you need to go for google apps link separately and may need to add your default apn for gprs.

Guest equiliym

Just a question, Rexchuns BO2 ROM supports Gen2?

no its a gen1 kernel.. if you change kernel to gen2 since we have deadlinks/vamshis gen2 now, it wont be the same at all

Guest Archer_cn

Just a question, Rexchuns BO2 ROM supports Gen2?

NO, Only Gen1.

Given that Racer offical 2.2.2 is out there , maybe we should push/ask ZTE to release 2.6.32 source? surely it would be helpful for third party kernel's improvment.

Guest kooldroid

really nice roms for the racer, would be racerboys # 224,or 224v2 both really good balanced rom ,and worth a look :)

HI Bro...I reflashed to # 224v2...everything is fine but it says my phone is no longer rooted.I used universal androot when I had froyo 2.2 but its not working ..may as I went to 2.3.7.Plesae let me know a way to root my phone.I want this to use v6 supercharger.....:unsure: ...as said I am at 224v2.thnks in advance.

Guest plegdroid

HI Bro...I reflashed to # 224v2...everything is fine but it says my phone is no longer rooted.I used universal androot when I had froyo 2.2 but its not working ..may as I went to 2.3.7.Plesae let me know a way to root my phone.I want this to use v6 supercharger.....:unsure: ...as said I am at 224v2.thnks in advance.

:lol: don't worry, universal androot is just a soft root to get cwm on to your phone, now 224 is on, root is built into the rom, try any app that is root only, try them and they will work . you've now got hard root, so universal androot won't :D:)

Guest kooldroid

:lol: don't worry, universal androot is just a soft root to get cwm on to your phone, now 224 is on, root is built into the rom, try any app that is root only, try them and they will work . you've now got hard root, so universal androot won't :D:)

hmmm...got it.Even the root checker says rooted.But when I am trying to the run the busybox installer it gives error as

"NO ROOT ACCESS.. your box must be rooted to install busybox, ..If you feel that you are receiving this message in error please go to the superuser app and click on busybox installer and then clic Forget and restart the app "

Doing same going to superuser app but there is no option of "Forget" ,just i can allow it or delet the busybox details....ANYWAY may be I am taking this busybox thing more seriously :D ...I should not.:) .Thanks Bro