Now what...

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Hey there!

I installed Clockworkmod Recovery and FnC rom today. But now what should I do?

My old Samsung Galaxy 5 runs CM7, on that rom I can over-clock the kernel and move ANY app to the SD card, can I do it on this device?

I've noticed people have about 80 apps installed on their devices, I only have around 100mb free memory so how on Earth did they achieve that?

Thanks

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

To overclock you should install Antutu CPU Master (Paid version is better), SetCPUdoesn't seem to work as well on these roms. (use the SmartAssV2 CPU governor)

To move apps to sd card you should be able to do that in the applications manager or you can install App2SDPro.

As for the space, a lot of us used Amphoras's TPTs from here (namely Option 4)

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

To overclock you should install Antutu CPU Master (Paid version is better), SetCPUdoesn't seem to work as well on these roms. (use the SmartAssV2 CPU governor)

To move apps to sd card you should be able to do that in the applications manager or you can install App2SDPro.

As for the space, a lot of us used Amphoras's TPTs from here (namely Option 4)

Thanks for the reply.

Cyanogenmod has the options to allow you to install any application to the SD card- is there an app on the market that can allow me to do this or is it currently unavailable for our devices? I'm looked at the TPT's and it isn't something I want to do at this moment in time, I've just flashed and set my phone back up etc.

Guest JohnnyZTE

Thanks for the reply.

Cyanogenmod has the options to allow you to install any application to the SD card- is there an app on the market that can allow me to do this or is it currently unavailable for our devices? I'm looked at the TPT's and it isn't something I want to do at this moment in time, I've just flashed and set my phone back up etc.

Did you partition your SD card during installation of your ROM?

goto advanced in Clockwork

I used 1gb but I have a 8gb card installed, I have unlocked 7 phones now for people and they dont buy a card so i set the partition to 512mb on a 2gb card and after the install I move and rebuid Devlic to the SD card with A2SDGUI that saves loads of internal space.

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Did you partition your SD card during installation of your ROM?

goto advanced in Clockwork

I used 1gb but I have a 8gb card installed, I have unlocked 7 phones now for people and they dont buy a card so i set the partition to 512mb on a 2gb card and after the install I move and rebuid Devlic to the SD card with A2SDGUI that saves loads of internal space.

Nope I did not!

My phone has a 2gb SD card in, haven't got round to upgrading my SD yet- short on money and what not.

If I set the partition to 512mb and rebuild Devlic to my SD card will my device reset or anything? I spent ages sorting my home-screens out etc, also are they risky to change?

I'll probably do them when I get home.

Thank you

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

I tried to partition my SD, I selected the 512mb option but then didn't understand which option to select after that, so I cancelled it.

What do I select after the 512 option? Also is it risky to do this and is moving the delvik cache to SD risky?

Thanks

Guest JohnnyZTE

I tried to partition my SD, I selected the 512mb option but then didn't understand which option to select after that, so I cancelled it.

What do I select after the 512 option? Also is it risky to do this and is moving the delvik cache to SD risky?

Thanks

The partition is usually done before you install the ROM, but moving the delvik cache is fine it performs a reboot and takes a couple of minutes. 512 partition is fine with a 2gb card. Fish'nChips RLS4 will already select your partition. Raverrr installed it into the ROM by a means of magic , just move your delvik manually.

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

The partition is usually done before you install the ROM, but moving the delvik cache is fine it performs a reboot and takes a couple of minutes. 512 partition is fine with a 2gb card. Fish'nChips RLS4 will already select your partition. Raverrr installed it into the ROM by a means of magic , just move your delvik manually.

I just moved and rebuilt it to my SD card, phone successfully rebooted- now to check memory!

I still only have 22mb internal left. I opened the app back up and I see that the option has went back to the default option of saving the dalvik to internal.

Also what does the 'Apps are on internal memory' option do?

Thanks

Guest JohnnyZTE

Apps on internal memory means that's where they are located, if you haven't got your SD card partitioned you cannot move apps or Devlik to SD card, there is a method of Partitioned the card with a computer, I have tried it and creating EXT3 but I was never successful at this, I just make sure I have partitioned during install.

If you like your current set up Install titanium back up and back up all to SD card, then copy the contense to your SD card to your computer, when you get up and running use titanium to restore everything, but when you restore this time it will automatically goto SD card. PROVIDED YOU PARTITIONED IN RECOVERY.