Xperia S UI on Liquid

Guest Ma7moud

Guest Ma7moud

found this on xda and i liked it tongue.gif

XPERIA S Home Launcher

Pros:

smooth on A1

fast

looks better than ICS launcher (in my opinion)

cool widgets, like the digital clocks and weather

Cons:

can't resize widgets

Screenshots:

shot_1t.pngshot_2t.pngshot_3t.pngshot_4t.png

Instructions:

1. Download the Home.apk suitable for your screen resolution and install as normal APK.

2. Download the widget apk(s) and install as normal APK(s).

Downloads: (Liquid is WVGA, do NOT use any other version)

Here

Original xda thread:Here

Edited by Ma7moud

Guest paZirezz

Yes, really cool launcher .. working good on my A1 too

But there is one thing, which i don't like:.. if you haven't got mobile internet (3G / 4G, etc), only using wifi, and the weather wigdet wants to update, ..

but if there is no connection (i'm not at home every time xD ), it says "Connection Failed" .. not showing the last state :-/

i'm using "v2.2.A.0.14 rev.7"

Guest Ma7moud

Yes, really cool launcher .. working good on my A1 too

But there is one thing, which i don't like:.. if you haven't got mobile internet (3G / 4G, etc), only using wifi, and the weather wigdet wants to update, ..

but if there is no connection (i'm not at home every time xD ), it says "Connection Failed" .. not showing the last state :-/

i'm using "v2.2.A.0.14 rev.7"

yes i noticed it tries to update every time i go to the home screen, but i don't know how it can be fixed

Guest paZirezz

yes i noticed it tries to update every time i go to the home screen, but i don't know how it can be fixed

found a solution (for now) xD :D

uninstalled Xperia Weather Widget ( it was 6MBs!! :-/ ) .. and installed THIS

really cool, and it has got transparency feature ;-P

(Xperia's is nicer, but if it shows only for hours: "No connection" is bad for me)

p.s.: sorry, this was a little bit offtopic by me :$

Guest Ma7moud

found a solution (for now) xD :D

uninstalled Xperia Weather Widget ( it was 6MBs!! :-/ ) .. and installed THIS

really cool, and it has got transparency feature ;-P

(Xperia's is nicer, but if it shows only for hours: "No connection" is bad for me)

p.s.: sorry, this was a little bit offtopic by me :$

well as you can see i have a Liquid A1, so i need apps that use less ram, and the Xperia widget uses less ram than Weather Widget, and i have wifi or mobile data on all the time so i have no problem

Guest paZirezz

well as you can see i have a Liquid A1, so i need apps that use less ram, and the Xperia widget uses less ram than Weather Widget, and i have wifi or mobile data on all the time so i have no problem

yeah, i have an A1 too .. and how do you know, which widget use how many ram?

cause, example .. when i checked my running apps, i can't see Xperia weather widget, only the others ... and after installed a process manager, i could see my own weather widget uses 3.23MB and the xperia widget only 0,64MB .. i mean, did you check all the time, if you have a new widget, or app installed on your phone?

..and the other thing, which i can't understand .. my weather widget is a "service process", but the otfer one is a "background process" .. i think this is memory management question .. . xD

Guest Ma7moud

yeah, i have an A1 too .. and how do you know, which widget use how many ram?

cause, example .. when i checked my running apps, i can't see Xperia weather widget, only the others ... and after installed a process manager, i could see my own weather widget uses 3.23MB and the xperia widget only 0,64MB .. i mean, did you check all the time, if you have a new widget, or app installed on your phone?

..and the other thing, which i can't understand .. my weather widget is a "service process", but the otfer one is a "background process" .. i think this is memory management question .. . xD

i use an app called "Advanced Task Manager" and not the latest version, i'm using an old version of it because its better than the new one

and because the Xperia widgets depend on the Xperia launcher then they can use less ram than other widget apps

and its faster because when you install it it becomes a part of the launcher so it uses less CPU and ram and less battery even with the animations in the widget

Guest paZirezz

i use an app called "Advanced Task Manager" and not the latest version, i'm using an old version of it because its better than the new one

and because the Xperia widgets depend on the Xperia launcher then they can use less ram than other widget apps

and its faster because when you install it it becomes a part of the launcher so it uses less CPU and ram and less battery even with the animations in the widget

yeah, i know that app, i used it when i was on eclair (2.1) .. and thank you for the information, about launchers and with their widgets .. i didn't know that before .. but indeed, it's logical :-)

i think i will search around for a "new" launcher .. cause Xperia's stuff is a bit laggy for me sometimes .. i'm using Launcher pro 0.8.6 for a long time ago .. but it haven't got any own weather / clock widgets ..

thanks anyway, cheers