ICS Hardware Binaries for Racer

Guest Pratik Datta

Guest Pratik Datta

I was able to get the graphics binaries for Racer needed for the development of ICS. But i do not have enough knowledge for these so can anybody help on how we can develop a running ICS ROM for the racer.I have attached the Driver for the Adreno200 GPU that we have in the racer. please reply fast guys......

Adreno200-AU_LINUX_ANDROID_ICS_CHOCO_CS.04.00.03.06.001.zip

Guest equiliym

I was able to get the graphics binaries for Racer needed for the development of ICS. But i do not have enough knowledge for these so can anybody help on how we can develop a running ICS ROM for the racer.I have attached the Driver for the Adreno200 GPU that we have in the racer. please reply fast guys......

will take a look at this tonight

dunno how i didnt notice this thread earlier

Edited by equiliym

Guest plegdroid

good man :)

Guest equiliym

cant even boot with those, not sure if its only me

yeah these appear to be broken

edit: just to add my info on this, i used them on early 4.0.1 build we have and wont boot.. would be nice if someone else tried it too :)

Edited by equiliym

Guest equiliym

It has finally happened! Qualcomm Releases Adreno 2xx GPU Binaries for on ICS ARMv6 Devices! :)

http://www.xda-devel...-armv6-devices/

yeah i think those are the same.. i also have a 4.0.3 build that boots but egl stucks with green droid.. not sure if i tried these adreno with 4.0.3 but i know with my old 4.0.1 it wont boot :o

Guest Krste

yeah i think those are the same.. i also have a 4.0.3 build that boots but egl stucks with green droid.. not sure if i tried these adreno with 4.0.3 but i know with my old 4.0.1 it wont boot :o

The libs DO work as they are offical and I think other devs said they are very fast.

But the artifacts we get I'm afraid it's a kernel problem :o

Guest equiliym

The libs DO work as they are offical and I think other devs said they are very fast.

But the artifacts we get I'm afraid it's a kernel problem :o

well vamshi said he needs a working rom to tweak the kernel but without kernel we cant get ics to work, thats been said 5 months ago so we're stuck at loop again lol

as for testing, you can too download old 4.0.1 build from dev thread somewhere and test.. i didnt release 4.0.3 because i never got screen to work properly

Edited by equiliym

Guest LordCrash

Once vamshi can not help, you should try to persuade deadlink ... Maybe a few days ago made ​​an attempt to talk to him again, and maybe even meet him, because by chance it turned out that we are one of the city.

Edited by LordCrash

Guest equiliym

Once vamshi can not help, you should try to persuade deadlink ... Maybe a few days ago made ​​an attempt to talk to him again, and maybe even meet him, because by chance it turned out that we are one of the city.

deadlink is never here :o

ill try later on my 4.0.3 build since i think i still didnt try lol.. maybe we should move that after to dev thread

edit: i even managed to boot 4.0.4 cm9 on racer with dead screen but with these new binaries it wont even boot so idk.. (made screen work but all messy and unreadable)

i can upload it somewhere if anyone wants to mess with it..

Edited by equiliym

Guest Pratik Datta

Guys i just checked and found that on 28th March Qualcomm has released another set of binaries for the ARMv6 CPU because the earlier ones we tried were of the ARMv7 family and hence we were not able to boot. So i would request all the great developers to please try this new binaries ......... guys i will really be waiting for the development.

Adreno200-AU_LINUX_ANDROID_ICS_CHOCO_CS.04.00.03.06.001-armv6.zip

Guest equiliym

Guys i just checked and found that on 28th March Qualcomm has released another set of binaries for the ARMv6 CPU because the earlier ones we tried were of the ARMv7 family and hence we were not able to boot. So i would request all the great developers to please try this new binaries ......... guys i will really be waiting for the development.

you sure those arent the same ones as in first post? i have the package from qualcomms forums but none appears to work with me.. and seems no one else is trying so idk if its just my build wrong or whatsoever

edit:those are the same as old ones, you can tell by the build date :(

Edited by equiliym

Guest Pratik Datta

you sure those arent the same ones as in first post? i have the package from qualcomms forums but none appears to work with me.. and seems no one else is trying so idk if its just my build wrong or whatsoever

edit:those are the same as old ones, you can tell by the build date :(

hey brother but if you check both the packages even in the Qualcomm Developers Network, the filesize is different for both and moreover this one is specifically mentioned as the one for ARMv6 devices but i think we perhaps need a new kernal maybe we can try the last official kernel. plz let me know if you come across something interesting.

Guest equiliym

hey brother but if you check both the packages even in the Qualcomm Developers Network, the filesize is different for both and moreover this one is specifically mentioned as the one for ARMv6 devices but i think we perhaps need a new kernal maybe we can try the last official kernel. plz let me know if you come across something interesting.

tbh when i run these files on my ics build with debugger on, i see errors with libsurfaceflinger and few other libs, cant really tell from memory, would need to check again, few libs makes error and reboot, stuck at green droid.. i know the first package was tested on 89xx which is armv7, im also a member of qualcomm dev forum but that makes no difference if we dont have properly compiled library files for racer (which we dont) and i think one man team is totally not the way to go in making this work.. yes, qualcomm released armv6 adreno libs but what with other libs that needs rewriting? ril? gralloc? copybit? sensors? lights? wifi? bluetooth? those wont write themselves and im not gonna tap into all that myself, i can just go and buy another phone and have ics if i really wanted to with a high end device

Guest equiliym

what I should use to create a rom :huh::huh::huh:

see this link on how to set up your environment and clone this github (this is the one i used to compile for racer)

you just need to edit some files and/or use prebuilt for racer to make it boot, you have sources for everything there, if you cant manage, clone the entire ics aosp branch and overwrite with blade files.. also check ics4blade page to see whats been done for them, might give you a clue what needs to be done for us