Touch screen isn't works, after replace it

Guest vega2219

Guest vega2219

Hi friends! first sorry for my english i'm Spanish. I contact with you because i have changed my touchscreen , i put it in my advent and isn't works.Before the digitizer works correct but now don't works the new and the old. I don't use the advent because can't put a usb mouse , i connect the usb mouse in split and connect to the advent but don't works, i think that i need root the tablet for the usb mouse works correct but without touch screen it's impossible. Please somebody can help me?.The new digitizer works correct in the seller tablet. I think 2 things , its a software problem (without usb mouse is impossible correct it) or its a hardware problem (motherboard) it is the motherboard i don't know where a new.

See you and thanks!

Guest vega2219

Richard thanks for the answer but in the nvflash of this manual say me that device is not started , please enter to continue and don't detect the tablet

Guest richardmlea

You are not in restore mode. do you know how to get into restore?

Richard thanks for the answer but in the nvflash of this manual say me that device is not started , please enter to continue and don't detect the tablet

Tip for knowing your in restore mode= the blue light on the camera comes on when you are in restore mode. You can see the light if you tilt the top of the tablet away from you. So to get into restore mode.....

Turn the vega off by holding the power button for 15 seconds.

Then hold the back button down for 2 second.

Without releasing the back button press the power button for 2 second (until the blue light on the camera comes on, if the LCD backlight comes on start again).

Release the back button (a second after releasing the power button).

You will now be in NVflash mode, the LCD will be dark (not lit) and the blue light on the camera will be on

Now start the update on your PC..

Edited by richardmlea

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CLuntung

Hi All,

Just got a repaired vega clone, and the touchscreen doesn't seem to work. At first, the TC does work only on one side of the screen, after that it goes totally down.

Some of the things i've done:

1. Download and install the development ROM like this thread suggest, didn't work. Even when i tried to install 3-5 times, no good.

2. Tried to install the modified Stock rom, didn't work either, the TC is not working at all, not even using the mouse.

3. Tried with the original ROM, didn't work. but this time the mouse is working.

Now, i tried to do recovery by using the modified stock rom, but unfortunately i can't go to recovery mode without having to click/touch the menu (the mouse isn't working).

Is there any way to reach the recovery menu without using any touch screen? Or, is there any way to get my TC to work again?

thanks in advance.

Guest CLuntung

Hi All,

Just got a repaired vega clone, and the touchscreen doesn't seem to work. At first, the TC does work only on one side of the screen, after that it goes totally down.

1. Download and install the development ROM like this thread suggest, didn't work. Even when i tried to install 3-5 times, no good.

2. Tried to install the modified Stock rom, didn't work either, the TC is not working at all, not even using the mouse.

3. Tried with the original ROM, didn't work. but this time the mouse is working.

Now, i tried to do recovery by using the modified stock rom, but unfortunately i can't go to recovery mode without having to click/touch the menu (the mouse isn't working).

Is there any way to reach the recovery menu without using any touch screen? Or, is there any way to get my TC to work again?

thanks in advance.

Guys, any luck on my question above?? please help me..

Guest richardmlea

Hi All,

thanks in advance.

Hi, you can boot to recovery with ADB installed on a PC, Mac, or Linux machine and the command "adb reboot recovery. I don’t think recovery will help you though. That sounds like classic symptoms of a faulty touchscreen controller that is now completely dead. To test if the touch screen controller is dead you need to use a mouse on the stock rom you already have (It would be useful to know which stock rom this is) and the tputility.apk to check what firmware version is showing.

Here is the tputility you need. http://dl.dropbox.co..._20110227_0.apk

If the firmware version starts with 99 your controller is dead, a replacement touchscreen or a refund are your only options in this case.

If the firmware number starts with anything else there may be hope still.

Good luck

Richard

Edited by richardmlea

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CLuntung

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the tips. Currently my firmware number is 1.7.0.20 and the config version is 1.7.0.12.

I have no idea what that means, hopefully it still OK..

Guest richardmlea

That meens your firmware is still valid so it should work once calibrated unless there is a problem elsewhere in the touchscreen. In the TPutility apk under the firmware and config version does it say "calibration - done!"?

You could maybe also try the heat/iron trick to see if that helps. Search my post for the heat repair.

Sorry I cant be more help.