As mentioned in the review: Stock ICS e-mail client and movie editor for the One X

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

In my review of the HTC One X I mentioned that it's pretty straightforward to install the stock ICS e-mail client and Movie Editor to your One X.

Well, it is... especially if you've rooted! To do so, simply grab the zip below and copy the selected files to the /system/app directory on your device - job done! :)

P

Guest zenkinz

Paul,

i moved the two apk (emailgoogle and exchangeemail) to /system/app but it doesn't show up in the app drawer.

any idea? I want to use this to bypas the security policy enforcement..

Guest nyogtha

Hi Paul. Thanks for these! Do you happen to have the stock calendar as well? I can't get my sense calendar to sync properly with Exchange.

Guest 1nf3rn0

@Paul

Is it possible to add the stock ICS Camera? i mean to add without loosing the htc version, because i'm missing the funny face distortion effects.

Guest Hisham2k

In my review of the HTC One X I mentioned that it's pretty straightforward to install the stock ICS e-mail client and Movie Editor to your One X.

Well, it is... especially if you've rooted! To do so, simply grab the zip below and copy the selected files to the /system/app directory on your device - job done! :)

P

Hi Paul:

Dropped the files in system/app but when I added the exchange account it loaded the HTC mail app.... could you help me please? Thanks.

/Hisham

Guest acrickie

Hi Paul:

Dropped the files in system/app but when I added the exchange account it loaded the HTC mail app.... could you help me please? Thanks.

/Hisham

Hi,

I had this problem as well and found that removing the HTC mail app by copying it onto my SDcard (in case I needed it at some time) solved this problem.

I actually downloaded the apks from elsewhere and used a hack from XDA ([HACK] Removing keyguard and other security policy restrictions from Email apk - xda-developers) to modify the apks to get round the exchange security requirements and it is working fine.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest DarkDvr

Email doesn't "register" in the system =(

Copied the EmailGoogle.apk and ExchangeGoogle.apk to /system/app with root explorer

Reboot, recovery -> clear cache, clear Dalvik cache

No Email.

I tried deleting HTC's "Mail.apk" - then clear cache in recovery - also no result.

Permissions on both files - rw-r-r.

Any ideas? =(

---------------------

EDIT: FIXED

I ran the email patcher from xda to remove security - and after reboot it showed up and worked.

I wonder if my clearing cache I actually prevented it from properly registering.

It works fine now, thanks for the files!

Edited by DarkDvr