Interim ClockworkMod Touch Recovery for the HTC One X (+stock download)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi folks!

Until such time as an official ClockworkMod recovery is available, I have created an interim (non official) ClockworkMod Touch release. Please note that the One X doesn't seem to enable access to USB when booted as recovery (proven by flashing the recovery partition with the insecure boot), so you will not be able to use ADB etc. at this time.

INSTALL AND USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Your bootloader must be unlocked via htcdev.com to install this.

To use, either flash via fastboot ('fastboot flash recovery r1-modaco-recovery-clockwork-touch-endeavoru.img') or boot directly ('fastboot boot r1-modaco-recovery-clockwork-touch-endeavoru.img').

I have also uploaded the stock recovery should you wish to flash it (e.g. for OTA).

Enjoy! :)

• DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - MD5: f47ebe81400c00ddefc0499d2a18b9fd
  • DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - MD5: 4af6f2b658d2e13f72e928a72fcde9cd

P

PS If you find this useful, please consider supporting MoDaCo by signing up for a MoDaCo subscription! Visit this topic for further details. ClockworkMod Touch recovery is the result of Koushik Dutta's hard work - if you wish to support him, consider buying ROM Manager from the Android Market.

fastboot-flash or use a RUU?

P

I haven't rooted a phone which doesn't have a sd-card.

So this will be new for me.

thx for the comment.

Guest mils69

Do we need to have our bootloader unlocked through htcdev.com before we use this Paul?

It takes all of five minutes (the most time consuming part!)

Edited by mils69

Guest gillidk

Hi!

Could you please tell me how to flash via fastboot or boot directly. Is the Interim clockworkMod Touch a special version of a "rom manager"?

best regards

gillidk

Guest Ticowong

Hi Paul,

My HTC One X was bricked,

i just can't go to the system and just can go to the HBOOT mode

and i found that i have no ROM in my devices (maybe i done some wrong and deleted the Rom.......)

May i know how i can flash the devices to the phone via HBOOT mode as HTC One X do not have SD card

how i can put the ROM inside the SD card and flash it?

Please help.....

Guest PaulOBrien

i just can't go to the system and just can go to the HBOOT mode

and i found that i have no ROM in my devices (maybe i done some wrong and deleted the Rom.......)

May i know how i can flash the devices to the phone via HBOOT mode as HTC One X do not have SD card

how i can put the ROM inside the SD card and flash it?

Please help.....

Put it in fastboot mode and flash the stock RUU...

Paul upadate recovery with USB storage?, Delete and I can not access the sd Please ....

No USB access in recovery currently!

P

Guest vfrvulcan

Hmm, unable to boot to recovery (Power+Vol Down), phone just boots normally.

T-Mo 1.26.

Following HTCDev Unlock instructions but not getting anywhere.

Any ideas??

Edited by vfrvulcan

Guest Wiplash

Hmm, unable to boot to recovery (Power+Vol Down), phone just boots normally.

T-Mo 1.26.

Following HTCDev Unlock instructions but not getting anywhere.

Any ideas??

Just shutdown your phone by pressing and holding your power button for 10 seconds or so. Then, when it's completely shut down, hold down your 'volume down' button and press the power button. Voila!

Edited by Wiplash

Guest sukhish

Ohh man...i was going to root my new HTC One X but reading these comments above has put some doubts in my mind, i am absolutely new android and rooting and it's only my second day with this beautiful device...

So if anyone can confirm or rather provide a simplified and explained way of rooting from the beginning itself...i'll highly grateful!

Looking forward to your kind support...

hello

Im in the same boat, Tried to flash a rom, and ended with sd card totally blank for some reason, paul was saying "fastboot-flash or use a RUU?", will you please explain more, as i have been on the web all night and it seems like many users are left with the same issue

appreciated

sam

Guest markdotpeters5

Ohh man...i was going to root my new HTC One X but reading these comments above has put some doubts in my mind, i am absolutely new android and rooting and it's only my second day with this beautiful device...

So if anyone can confirm or rather provide a simplified and explained way of rooting from the beginning itself...i'll highly grateful!

Looking forward to your kind support...

I followed this article -> http://network-13.com/thread/3834-How-to-root-the-HTC-One-X which explains step by step for those of us less familiar with the process (me!).

Before you do the fast boot command in step 5, make sure you select 'fastboot' on the phone. That part of the tutorial is missing, otherwise it's fairly straightforward.

I'd suggest reading it all before you start...

cheers

M

Guest dylanlaw79

I have used this mod, many thanks, but I was wondering if I reflash the stock recovery file to get OTA updates again and USB charging, will I lose root access?

Guest tomengel

Hi can someone tell me how to unroot and put the stock recovery and stock OS so i can do the OTA?

Brilliant work on the root by the way!

Thanks Tom

Guest elaget

I had some disturbing behavior after flashing. The first boot after I installed clockworkmod, all calendar entries (Exchange 2010 sync) in the interval where it is synced with the phone was deleted; both from the phone and the server (-2 weeks, all future , all recurring) I thought it was a coincidence. Today I flashed back the stock recovery image to be able to run the OTA update. The very same thing happened - calendar flushed on reboot. Fortunately I have frequent backups.

Anyone else who have seen something similar?