Interim ClockworkMod Touch Recovery for the HTC One X (+stock download)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest gurry

Hi Paul,

My HTC One X was bricked,

i just can't go to the system and just can go to the HBOOT mode

and i found that i have no ROM in my devices (maybe i done some wrong and deleted the Rom.......)

May i know how i can flash the devices to the phone via HBOOT mode as HTC One X do not have SD card

how i can put the ROM inside the SD card and flash it?

Please help.....

Hi paul - and everyone on here!

I have the same problem with my htc one x

Ran the boot unlocker and loaded fastboot - installed clockwork mod no problem - however when I flashed boot.img and ran the fastboot reboot script on reboot the phone hangs at the htc boot screen (white screen with quietly brilliant)

I tried the boot img supplied for leedroid and for android revolution and fastboot shows it being pushed across - takes about 2 seconds. On reboot it still hangs at quietly brilliant.

I run fastboot devices and the serial appears (so the phone is connected to the pc) but I cant push the rom across using adb - it tells me there are no devices attached.

I tried to reinstall the stock recovery and did so successfully - however when I reboot into recovery all I get is the two arrows forming a circle. Nothing happens - no status bar to show files being installed.

Im stuck as to what to do next to try to repair this?

Hope you can help.

Gurry

one further thing.....in stock RUU if I press the power button and the vol up key I get a yelow text saying

E:failed to open loopdevice (no such file or directory)

E:failed to mount /sdcard (no such file or directory)

these lines appear for 20 lines on screen then the 'regular' Android system recovery (£e) appears with the options

reboot system now

apply update from external storage

wipe data/factory reset

wipe data cache

apply update from cache

Edited by gurry

• 9 months later...
Guest Speedster_1

Hi guys, i have a quick question if anyone can help me....my device fails to install SuperSU.zip from SD card through the recovery / install from .zip. The process starts but ends without installing anything...Any ideas? I think most people refer to it as the "red triangle"...i have documented myself today for the first time on Rooting/CWM/Custom ROMs and so on, so yea, i am a noob. Any help would be appreciated. I managed to get it installed directly through a root file manager (Astro) but after i got the message "There is no SU binary installed and SuperSU cannot install it. This is a problem!" i figured maybe because even though my boot loader is unlocked i still have S-ON. Thanks in advance.

HTC One X

Endeavoru PVT SHIP S-ON RL

HBOOT 1.39.0000

MICROP - None

RADIO- 5.1204.162.29

eMMC-bootmode: disabled

CPU-bootmode: disabled

HW Secure Boot: enabled

MODEM PATH: OFF

Edited by Speedster_1

• 2 years later...
Guest jalmeidac

Hi folks!

Until such time as an official ClockworkMod recovery is available, I have created an interim (non official) ClockworkMod Touch release. Please note that the One X doesn't seem to enable access to USB when booted as recovery (proven by flashing the recovery partition with the insecure boot), so you will not be able to use ADB etc. at this time.

INSTALL AND USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Your bootloader must be unlocked via htcdev.com to install this.

To use, either flash via fastboot ('fastboot flash recovery r1-modaco-recovery-clockwork-touch-endeavoru.img') or boot directly ('fastboot boot r1-modaco-recovery-clockwork-touch-endeavoru.img').

I have also uploaded the stock recovery should you wish to flash it (e.g. for OTA).

Enjoy! :)

• DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - MD5: f47ebe81400c00ddefc0499d2a18b9fd
  • DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - MD5: 4af6f2b658d2e13f72e928a72fcde9cd

P

PS If you find this useful, please consider supporting MoDaCo by signing up for a MoDaCo subscription! Visit this topic for further details. ClockworkMod Touch recovery is the result of Koushik Dutta's hard work - if you wish to support him, consider buying ROM Manager from the Android Market.

bien