Flash broken??

Guest vfrvulcan

Guest vfrvulcan

Limited testing here but every time I go to BBC News homepage and select a video in the top-right, the built-in browser and Opera Mobile and Dolphin HD crashes.

Is it just me and a mate or is everyone seeing this?

T-Mo phones, 1.26.110.5 - no OTA updates available

• 4 weeks later...
Guest deanfarnaby

Limited testing here but every time I go to BBC News homepage and select a video in the top-right, the built-in browser and Opera Mobile and Dolphin HD crashes.

Is it just me and a mate or is everyone seeing this?

T-Mo phones, 1.26.110.5 - no OTA updates available

Hello ,

I signed up for this forum just to reply to this so I hope you read and and hope it helps!

I'm the same - T-Mo phones, 1.26.110.5 - no OTA updates available

Flash crashing all browsers - Opera released an update to their browser than "Fixed Flash Crashing Browsers on some phones (HTC One X) and it did work a little better than stock browser or Dolphin.

Anyway - I looked all over , I found you and one more guy with this problem (probably your mate - is was on XDA forum

I tried clearing data from all apps involved - no joy

re-installed 3rd party browsers after clearing flash cache and data - no joy.

As flash is pre-bundled you cant uninstall it which is annoying.

So I rang T-Mob today - they agreee'd and arranged to replace my handset.

Then I decided before I messed about with replacement - I would contact HTC - to make sure they know about the bug. So I went on their live chat and spoke to a sound geeza called Andy. He told me , basically, for whatever reason - you will have some messed up data in the actually system partitions (Data and cache and system) that wasnt being cleared by the app manager.

He told me to factory reset the phone - and as far as I can tell it's all sorted now. Hopfully it wont happen again , he agreed either TMob or HTC would do something about it if the problem persisted (i.e replace phone) but hopfully that wont be necessary.

So yes - to cut a long story short - a factory reset seems to fix this problem - You Do Not need to wipe your external memory - just the phone. Re-installing apps and setting home screens is a pain I know but at least you can backup your contacts without Titanium Backup. Google's Backup and Restore doesn't really seem to work - I always have to re-install my apps manually.

Let me know if this helps buddy