[ROM][ZTE Skate] AtomICS (Full Dolby Audio)

Guest H3ROS

Guest carpon

awesome rom

but i have 2 problems , is it normal to drain 5% of battery for using the market just for 10 minuets ?

second one , when i lock the screen and wanna to unlock it again i must have a long press on the lock button not normal one !

Guest H3ROS

I think it would depend on your brightness levels and connection type. Sometimes the battery drops quickly if you've not recalibrated it after installing the ROM too.

1) Fully drain the battery

2) Charge the phone to 100% and then boot to CWM and wipe the battery status

3) Use the phone as you normally would until the phone dies

4) Fully charge the phone

You should notice that your battery usage is then reported a bit more accurate. However, if you do continue to have problems then I could probably supply some alternate kernels.

As for your second problem I'm not really sure what could cause that. All I have to do is tap the button and within a second it will display the unlock screen. If I had some error log or something then that'd point me in the right direction.

This is a theme I am working on now for this rom,going to be the masterpiece this one.

It wont be ready just yet,still got some issues to fix.

The reason the power control looks strange is because its transparent,as can be seem from the screen with light wallpaper.

post-796032-0-99221600-1335552080_thumb.

post-796032-0-57450200-1335552098_thumb.

post-796032-0-62605500-1335552124_thumb.

post-796032-0-71231200-1335552145_thumb.

post-796032-0-28402300-1335554095_thumb.

Edited by Guest

Awesome, really :) You're very talented!

No I have little talent.This is a port of a Samsung galaxy theme.Of course its by no means a simple copy and past,there is some decompiling to edit some xml files.Also,many pngs needed renaming,and there have been a few problems which I am still sorting.I had to use UOT to change the power control buttons,the original ones where missing pngs for some of the functions,the statusbar background and bottom of pull down,I took from another theme,and I am changing the lockscreen because it does not match the theme.

There really is no talent in this,I am simply taking some of my time to bring this theme to the skate.I am really still a noob with this stuff,but I am learning.One day I may be very good at creating my own themes,its certainly something that interests me.

Guest Redstarr1

Just installed 1.4 (was a bit behind, I don't like flashing during the week), and I don't really like the clock in the lockscreen. Was it changed, or did you reduce the font size? I'd like it a bit bigger... If it didn't change I'm gonna feel like such a fool :P, I noticed it only now anyway, and the screen has plenty of space on the lockscreen (I like my clocks huge). Any way to make it bigger myself?

Guest H3ROS

It was changed and I don't think theres any easy way to alter its size. You could flash back the stock font that handles it if I was to give you a patch, or if you simply taken the fonts from an older version and added them to the ROM's zip file and then flashed that it'd work.

The next version of the ROM will look even more different. So much so that I may rebrand it :)

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Redstarr1

Still got AtomICS 1.2, seems the only font that changed in 1.4 is Clockopia when I compare the fonts. I've never created a flashable zip before..

Looking at other flashable zips is this the procedure?:

Make a zip containing 2 folders:

-Meta-inf\com\google\android\ with the update binary and script (I can take those from your rom, or maybe better another flashable zip? Like the one for your camera fix? Or write one myself, but that's a bit beyond my skills for the moment)

-system\fonts\ and put Clockopia.tff in there

Edit: okay did some digging about the updater script, don't really know how to handle that :P. I don't want to reflash the ROM now, just did it this morning and the clock's not that big a deal. Good to know for next time I update though. Wouldn't it be handy to include screenshots if you change fonts or stuff like that? :)

Maybe I can change the fonts using root explorer instead of flashing?

Guest H3ROS

I think root explorer or any other file manager that grants you root should be able to change the font.

If you wanted to make a patch the updater script could look like this:

ui_print("AtomICS - My patch");

ui_print("");

ui_print("Cleaning cache...");

format("MTD", "cache");

format("MTD", "persist");

ui_print("Updating system...");

mount("MTD", "system", "/system");

package_extract_dir("system", "/system");

ui_print("Setting permissions...");

set_perm_recursive(0, 0, 0755, 0644, "/system/framework");

set_perm_recursive(0, 0, 0755, 0644, "/system/app");

set_perm_recursive(0, 0, 0755, 0644, "/system/lib");

unmount("/system");

The actual system directory should be built to look identical to the ROM's. So in this case for a font I'd make the folder called system and then another called fonts and then I'd place the font I want to replace into that folder.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest H3ROS

When it comes to the actual benefits I'd say full Dolby audio, no bloat, fast, clean and it's well optimized. However, this will be the last version that looks anything like older versions of AtomicMod as I'm working on a better theme. All I'm going to say about it right now is that it's not based on ICS and it looks like nothing else on here :)

Guest Coffer52

When it comes to the actual benefits I'd say full Dolby audio, no bloat, fast, clean and it's well optimized. However, this will be the last version that looks anything like older versions of AtomicMod as I'm working on a better theme. All I'm going to say about it right now is that it's not based on ICS and it looks like nothing else on here :)

Great news, I've gone back to Icearmour for the moment waiting for your next release!

Guest Redstarr1

Thanks for the updater script. Going to learn a bit more about that, interesting stuff :). There's a post on the Blade forum I found.

Looking forward to the new theme. I was looking for something a bit less ICS.

Guest felystar
Looking forward to the new theme. I was looking for something a bit less ICS.

ICS rocks!! :D

Do you know how can I turn on screen rotation for 180°?

Guest H3ROS

This is what I'm playing with right now.

post-954400-0-61925100-1335660022_thumb. post-954400-0-92923500-1335659487_thumb. post-954400-0-43636300-1335659502_thumb. post-954400-0-01700500-1335659516_thumb. post-954400-0-82154800-1335659526_thumb. post-954400-0-68954100-1335659536_thumb.

It may change a lot before I'm done. I may even ditch it and try a different direction if I can't find some decent icons for it's matte style.

Edited by H3ROS

I like where your going with that,also,good to see no ics blue,bit too much of that around here(says the man who just ported the galaxy blue theme.lol)

I have nearly finished the port of Samsung galaxy black android theme,looks great.So your rom will have plenty of themes going for it.

I look forward to the next release.

Edited by Guest

Guest H3ROS

Thanks.

Everyone seems to be doing ICS themes for different devices, mainly them who can't actually use ICS for whatever reason. Personally I'm kind of tired of it so figured maybe I could take things in a different direction entirely.

The theme itself looks okay, but the titlebar icons I'm not keen on and I've tried 3 or 4 different sets now. Also I've got to be careful with the colours because although the font is set to white it doesn't look 100% white :blink: Then of course theres the problem with wallpapers where anything too fancy simply doesn't look right.

My second theme idea is to keep it almost stock but to remove all things orange and make the notifications menu more eye pleasing.

Guest H3ROS

They're not bad, although some of the sets are missing a few icons. I guess thats one advantage to an ICS theme though, theres plenty of resources and blue, white and black is super easy to theme with.

Guest Redstarr1

Thanks.

Everyone seems to be doing ICS themes for different devices, mainly them who can't actually use ICS for whatever reason. Personally I'm kind of tired of it so figured maybe I could take things in a different direction entirely.

The theme itself looks okay, but the titlebar icons I'm not keen on and I've tried 3 or 4 different sets now. Also I've got to be careful with the colours because although the font is set to white it doesn't look 100% white :blink: Then of course theres the problem with wallpapers where anything too fancy simply doesn't look right.

My second theme idea is to keep it almost stock but to remove all things orange and make the notifications menu more eye pleasing.

I personally don't like the look of stock Gingerbread. But jikobutsu is making themes as well, so you can do anything you like, we've got plenty of options. If you make a stock looking theme though, won't it be kind of the same as SKatie? The matte stuff you've got now looks really good, just the title bar icons are a bit out of place.

Guest H3ROS

Stock gingerbread looks like this:

widgets.jpg

Personally I don't mind that, but the orange for volume control and other areas of the phone bothers me. I could attempt to change all that and "sexy it up" and at least then I have resources to work with.

When making the matte theme the hard part at first was knowing what file changes the apprerance of what image. Once I found all of that out it was easy, but like I said, I don't have enough resources to make all of the icons have a matte look so the theme is incomplete. For example, notice the green charging icon? I couldn't find any blue ones in exactly the same colour and if you try to change the colour of it it doesn't look right. And then if I change the battery entirely I also need to change all of the other icons to match.

Edited by H3ROS

@H3ROS,

Why not use gimp to color the icons?

Get your desired hex color and fire away!

I have finished the black theme,and edited keyboard and xperia s launcher to match.But I cannot release till I figure out how to fix the airplane mode problem?