MoDaCo is undergoing planned maintenance. Site functionality may be reduced - follow @modaco or @paulobrien on Twitter for updates.

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software
      Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)

CUSTOM ROMS

You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not be hosted directly in topic via the MoDaCo attachment system
      ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)
      ROMs must give full credit to the original author
      This decision has been taken in light of the huge amount of interest in this area of device customisation within the community, and member feedback! Please note that custom ROM discussion should be kept in specific device sub-areas, (e.g. Kaiser.MoDaCo.com for Kaiser based devices). ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact me directly via PM. P
    • Support MoDaCo by signing up to a MoDaCo Silver or Gold membership

To sign up to an annual MoDaCo Silver subscription which will eliminate all ads from the site (as well as giving you access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchens for Android) for only £9.99 using PayPal, Credit or Debit Card, ensure you are logged in to the site, and then click the link below, which will take you directly to the subscription store! You can also sign up to an annual MoDaCo Gold subscription for £29.99, which adds the benefits listed below! PURCHASE A MODACO SUBSCRIPTION - FREE Titanium Backup Mobile for Android worth $5.99! - FREE 1 year PrivateInternetAccess.com worth $39.95! - FREE 1 year LastPass Premium worth $12! - FREE CalcConvert for Pocket PC from Binaryfish worth $17.95! - FREE Calendar Bar for Pocket PC from OmegaOne worth $9.99! - FREE CamerAware for Pocket PC and Smartphone from MoDaCo worth £19.99 / $30! - FREE Chronos for Pocket PC from ActiveKitten worth $14.95! - FREE CodeWallet Pro for Smartphone and Pocket PC from DeveloperOne worth up to $24.95! - FREE Concentrix for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE FlexMail for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE FTouchSL for Pocket PC from Vekoff s.r.o. worth 10 euro / $12.50! - FREE Jewel Challenge for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE John Cody's Alerts Pro for Smartphone from Omnisoft worth $14.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Dutch for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> French for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> German for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Italian for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Spanish for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Dutch for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> French for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> German for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Russian for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Turkish for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE Note2Self for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $19.90! - FREE Opera 8.60 for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Opera Software worth up to $48! - FREE Pocket Informant for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE Pocket Launcher for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Conduits worth $9.95! - FREE PTab for Pocket PC and Smartphone from z4soft worth up to $60! - FREE Resco Explorer for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Resco worth up to $49.90! - FREE Safemode for Pocket PC from monocube worth $12.95 - FREE SplashPhoto for Pocket PC and Smartphone from SplashData worth up to $59.90! - FREE Sprite Backup for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Sprite Software worth $29.95! - FREE Teksoft Glyphs UI for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €9.95! - FREE Teksoft HeadsetRemote for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €4.95! - FREE Traffic Jam for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE unlock (1 per year) from imei-check.co.uk - DISCOUNT of 10% at MoDaCo FairDeal - DISCOUNT of 10% at Semsons.com - FORUM - AD FREE SITE - FORUM - custom rank / title - FORUM - double competition entries - FORUM - double post attachment space - FORUM - no search flood control - FORUM - priority event registration - FORUM - triple PM space
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspensions / ban.

[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

2676 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I added Ganster's HQ video fix by doing a cheap WinZip job and just replacing the libstagefright and lib omx files in our build with the ones from his gansterkang build for the blade i am uploading it right now. Please don't give me credit for it, I just replaced some files, give Ganster and Daz the credits, they deserve it way more !

Edited by gbosh

Posted · Report post

Have you tested it?

Posted · Report post

Yes, it works like a charm

Posted · Report post

Awesome, does it just fix using HQ on YouTube or is there more than that?

Well it fixes all hq video playback issues,nothing else. Video recording works, like before, thumbmails don't generate, but videos play back

Like on the blade I think

Edited by gbosh

Posted · Report post

Ah great. I'm a SF2 user so I'll flash it tomorrow. Any chance that you could use Gansters fix on the JB rom?

Posted · Report post

Nothing for me to do then :)

Posted · Report post

Any chance of applying the modified libstagefright to CM10, it'd be excellent if you could get video recording working on it (HQ YouTube & camera flash would be amazing). I'm sure Ganster mentioned applying the fix to Jelly Bean ROMs on the XDA thread.

And is it possible to get the camera flash working on ICS now or is it out the question?

Thank you

Hey guys, I just noticed that applying gansters fix doesn't work perfectly right of te bat,very few Videos play with Strange colors

But all hq videos make the device reboot after like 7 or 8 minutes Fixed it by doing a simple wipe.I am going to post a logcat of that happening.Hopefully Daz or ganster can solve the problem :(

Edited by gbosh

Posted · Report post

Hey guys, I just noticed that applying gansters fix doesn't work perfectly right of Thema bat,very few Videos play with Strange colors

But all hq videos make the device reboot after like 7 or 8 minutes.I am going to post a logcat of that happening.Hopefully Daz or ganster can solve the problem :(

I don't get this problem at all, I recently watched 10 20Min YouTube videos without any crashes

Strange, maybe I will just have to wipe. Crashes on long videos seem to be fixed after wiping.

Still I am trying to do a build from Ganster's and Daz's sources, just for gaining some experience, even tho I can't really write code (yet, I will start learning it over the course of like the next year)

Edited by gbosh

Posted · Report post

CM9 is great rom but still it demands a more polishing like buttons dont alwayse glow in dark and autobacklight fix..Also camera flesh whoud be nice too.Is that even possible ? And what really did this new driver brings us except youtube HQ ?

Me not, maybe someone else, because libstagefright on jellybean is very different

EDIT: Here's the SF 2 version http://www.mediafire...-p736vHQFIX.zip

Here's the TMV version http://www.mediafire...-p736eHQFIX.zip

hello i want to update my vivacity with the rom from the first post , for what is the tmv version , how to apply it is it necessary? thank you very much

edit: ouuu i understand now its the same rom but fixed ;) thanks

Edited by ruyzalim

Posted · Report post

Any idea where I can find the modified DSP Manager with Beats Audio and the Bravia Engine zip which will work on the Crescent?

does the front camera works now? with this new rom?

Edited by ruyzalim

does the front camera works now? with this new rom?

No. Edited by De@n

Posted · Report post

hello again i would like to ask if keyboard in this roam have portuguese and spanish , thank you very much

Posted · Report post

Yes, it should have most languages, including spanish and portugese

Posted · Report post

Hello,

Just wondering if any progress has been made with Gansters modified libstagefright- Is it possible to use that to get the camera flash working or not? It's just nice to have the flash working and it's the only thing that annoys me. Although I'll be purchasing a Ascend G300 at the end of January so hopefully there's a few fully working ROMs for that!

Thank you for reading and for your hard work in developing for the Crescent.

Flashed the new version with the libstagefright fix that gbosh, not totally sure if it's working right. Still a lot of stuttering in youtube videos, only goes away when switching off HQ. I remember when using FnC it could play 480p videos using MX Player easily enough, going to test it using that as a benchmark.

*edit*

Almost forgot, cheers for the build gbosh! Also thanks to this 'ganster' chap whoever he may be.

Edited by Liamness

Posted · Report post

Anyone tried getting fm radio on cm9? By installing a 3rd party app like Spirit Radio?

Nah that wouldn't fix anything, as the app would have to find drivers for the radio which aren't in the ROM.

MX player can't play videos with HW acceleration it seems, which would explain youtube being choppy. I'm surprised how well it does just in software, but still not really all that watchable. Wondering what I did wrong and how to fix it. Going to wipe user data and cache, see if that clears anything up. I stress that I already did that when installing this version of the ROM with the new patch, just trying to avoid a full reinstall.

*edit*

That'll be why it didn't work, I didn't even install the version with the patch. Flashing rymate's handy zip now.

Edited by Liamness

Posted · Report post

I have an bug, when I plug the usb cable for charge, the zte crescent reboot and the same when I remove the cable. Can someone resolve this bug please ?

Cordially.

Posted · Report post

@Mind sometimes it just happend and you cant do anythig about it untill you flash again same ROM (it worked for me - about 7 times i flashed cm9 and that same bugg happened 2 times)...