[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest RedZombie

OT - @Red - Real name not a real name issue, email them and offer proof of ID, if they haven't already requested. I had to do that with my facebook.

If your account is suspended, then probably that is why GDrive can't access services? Do others work?

Thanks for that, I shall give it a go. The only other thing it seems to have affected is Latitude. Oh, and the ability to seta status in Talk.

Guest Dazzozo

Hey daz,

You should get rid of the "slightly less broken" bit in the first post :) It isn't really broken at all :)

Done! :D

Guest little_mojo

does the camera flash work on this rom? also whats the best oc for battery life, phone gets tad warm on other roms ive tryed. thanks loving your hard work

Guest Dazzozo

does the camera flash work on this rom? also whats the best oc for battery life, phone gets tad warm on other roms ive tryed. thanks loving your hard work

Best OC for battery life is UC. Put it in powersave and your phone will crawl but you won't run out of battery any time soon. It's about finding the balance. You want a balanced governor (ondemand, smartassV2), with a low min speed and a relatively high max speed.

Camera flash doesn't work on any ICS build yet.

Guest djole94hns

Does Skype video call work with this custom ROM? My phone is Telenor One Touch, this one:

T-Mobile-Vivacity.jpg

Edited by djole94hns

Guest Dazzozo

That's... the T-Mobile Vivacity, not the Telenor Touch Plus but at least that's someone else who thinks they're identical! :P

I wasn't aware Skype video call worked with any ROM, because it's an ARMv6 phone and the front facing camera is crap.

Guest djole94hns

Does Skype video call work with this custom ROM? My phone is Telenor One Touch, this one:

T-Mobile-Vivacity.jpg

That's... the T-Mobile Vivacity, not the Telenor Touch Plus but at least that's someone else who thinks they're identical! :P

I wasn't aware Skype video call worked with any ROM, because it's an ARMv6 phone and the front facing camera is crap.

They are the same, I mean it is the same phone I just used a picture of a T-Mobile Vivacity. At least I think so, they are identical in the hardware point of view. And also in the looks :)

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

I decided to take a few screenshots of CM9 just to give everyone an idea of what to expect when you flash it. Great ROM, quickly becoming a favourite of mine! I'm using Apex Launcher just in case you want to use it yourselves.

CM9.png

Edited by CurtisAndroidSF2

Guest Liamness

Apollo has just been forked to CyanogenMod, which replaces the Music app from now on. I'm thinking of doing a build, any interest?

Yes, but seeing as you can download the apk from the page you linked to, there's nothing stopping me trying it out anyway.

It looks nice, but seems to rely on having an internet connection to download lots of pretty images for its interface. It's not very functional. No gapless playback either, and it doesn't order albums with multiple disks correctly. I use poweramp, and I think the only think it has over it is the swipeable tabs.

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

I'll do a backup in a bit and I'll try and flash the zip in CWM to see if it works. I might be a few hours though so you'll be best off doing it yourself, just make sure you have a backup just in case.

Guest MadEye Moody

I'll do a backup in a bit and I'll try and flash the zip in CWM to see if it works. I might be a few hours though so you'll be best off doing it yourself, just make sure you have a backup just in case.

I dont seem to able to wait for my battery to charge for a CWM backup, for now, i'll try to put the apk in system/bin from adb shell

Guest MadEye Moody

$adb shell

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *

* daemon started successfully *

shell@android:/ $ su

Permission denied

Am I doing it wrong?

Guest MadEye Moody

$adb shell

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *

* daemon started successfully *

shell@android:/ $ su

Permission denied

Am I doing it wrong?

Sorry, I got it in Developer Options in settings

Guest MadEye Moody

Oops, /system is low on space

Any idea on what all I can move to somewhere else (and where) to free up 10mb or something?

Guest MadEye Moody

Oops, /system is low on space

Any idea on what all I can move to somewhere else (and where) to free up 10mb or something?

Is this file required?

12.1M LatinIME.apk

in /system/app

Guest MadEye Moody

These are the top large apps in /system/app

shell@android:/system/app # du -s * | sort -nr | head

12406 LatinIME.apk

7290 Trebuchet.apk

5143 CMWallpapers.apk

4418 VideoEditor.apk

4221 GoogleTTS.apk

3903 Phonesky.apk

3414 Settings.apk

2524 GoogleLoginService.apk

2170 GoogleServicesFramework.apk

2097 Mms.apk

I'm using a2sd, so which all can i move and to where? Any help?

Guest Dazzozo

I'm pretty sure that the flash work within ics. :blink:

ICS build. I never said ICS in general.

I believe the HAL doesn't handle flash properly yet.

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Could the default launcher that's included in the ROM be removed and replaced with Apex Launcher? If so how would I do this?

Guest app10336

ICS build. I never said ICS in general.

I believe the HAL doesn't handle flash properly yet.

I don't know what the differences :D

Guest MadEye Moody

Could the default launcher that's included in the ROM be removed and replaced with Apex Launcher? If so how would I do this?

Ditched the LatinIME.apk

It seems to be for Android keyboard. i've installed swiftkey

App starts and takes my voice, but

Getting network error

Will try the fix in the linked post

Guest MadEye Moody

Changed build.prop

ro.product.brand=samsung

ro.product.model=GT-I9300

ro.product.device=GT-I9300

ro.product.manufacturer=samsung

Rebooting

Guest MadEye Moody

Changed build.prop

ro.product.brand=samsung

ro.product.model=GT-I9300

ro.product.device=GT-I9300

ro.product.manufacturer=samsung

Rebooting

It works, but crashes immediately after it prints out what i've said

PS : It doesn't have English (India) as an option. I'm having some difficulty to get it to recognize what i'm saying.