[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest NinjehKitteh

I see the option for sharing via bluetooth but I know the bluetooth has issues.

If you really need it, you could use that option, because Bluetooth is a heck of a lot better in R6, thanks to Daz ;)

-Ninjeh.

Guest NinjehKitteh

does anyone use the Orange Signal Boost app? Does it work on CM9? I think I need to implement kineto_gan.

How would people use the app if all Orange branded stuff is removed on all ROMs other than stock?

-Ninjeh.

Guest NinjehKitteh

Oh, and I'm loving Apollo Daz, think you could implement it into your next build whenever your exams are over?

Anyone else agree?

-Ninjeh.

Guest Dazzozo

How would people use the app if all Orange branded stuff is removed on all ROMs other than stock?

-Ninjeh.

Fuzzra packaged the app as a zip.

Oh, and I'm loving Apollo Daz, think you could implement it into your next build whenever your exams are over?

Anyone else agree?

-Ninjeh.

Should be able to do one Sunday.

Guest daemius

Nice work on the fw Dazzozo, thanks a lot!

Reporting a bug, I don´t know if the problem is with the app or with the fw.

When listening to music/podcasts on the Doubletwist Media Player, the battery starts to get really hot and the battery drains very fast.

I´ve looked in the battery settings and there´s a major drain coming from Cell Standby: 50% or more.

Guest adroc

dmcluckie :

Was the option for turning the phone into a wireless hotspot to share it's internet ever available on the SF2?

You could try Barnacle, I had it working nicely here !

Guest Dazzozo

R7 is up.

Edit: Some additional clarification, I'm now using a different model for the Vivacity kernel - the 19052012-ics-p736e zip is correct. This zip will now be updated less often (only when the kernel actually changes) and will be compatible for both AOKP and CM9.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest gabriwinter

Hi simple question can I flash new version on top of previous version or is it necesary to wipe data/factory reset first?

Guest Dazzozo

Hi simple question can I flash new version on top of previous version or is it necesary to wipe data/factory reset first?

From R6 to R7 you might be able to get away with a cache wipe, but if you're on anything earlier than R6 I'd recommend a full wipe.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

I might do a total wipe tbh (Cleared the cache before flashing), I've had 2 3 4 restarts in the last 5 minutes but I did just flash it. Will wait and see :) (I'm pretty sure I need a full flash now though, just charging first)

Thx for the hard work again!!

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest Dazzozo

Yep. There's a crash issue. Just discovered it. It happens when the screen auto-timeouts and the CRT effect plays, turn it off in developer options if you're flashing this build.

It's something goddamn upstream again, probably in surfaceflinger. I'm looking at a few recent merges and one is, again, for the new Samsung devices, that's probably the culprit.

If I can track it down I'll release a reverted build. Sorry guys. Out of my control, people blindly patch things in for all devices and it has bad effects for us.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

LOL Steve Kondik broke CyanogenMod (He's the guy in charge of it). He commited a change without anyone else checking it (probably not the first time), that's what happens when you get too cocky :)

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest gabriwinter

From R6 to R7 you might be able to get away with a cache wipe, but if you're on anything earlier than R6 I'd recommend a full wipe.

I'll try out that and report back thanks

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

I'll try out that and report back thanks

If you've not already started, I would check the above posts and wait for another build to be honest.

Guest gabriwinter

If you've not already started, I would check the above posts and wait for another build to be honest.

Ok I'll wait thanks

Guest Dazzozo

I reflashed CM9 to newest version, but phone can not sleep. If I "turn off" displey, phone will speed restarting.

Did you not look at the discussion above? ;)

Guest windy_miller

Daz, first of all a massive thanks for your work on this ROM. I flashed it on friday and have been using it over the weekend.

Mostly its been pretty good, however my battery life has been absymal. I think I have found the culprit though... I changed my Wif-Fi settings to sleep when the screen is off. I'll see how it gets on now I have changed that setting. Is there any way you can get that set by default when you install the ROM?

The other thing that has puzzled me is A2SD, and not being able to install stuff from the market. I installed A2SD when I installed the ROM, and then installed all my apps from Titanium Backup. It looks like the apps were correctly on the sd-ext partition. My data partition had about 30Mb left, but trying to install anything over about 2Mb from the market resulted in an "Insufficient Storage" error. If I moved all my apps to the FAT partition of the SD card (using Settings->Apps->Move to phone), then I can then successfully install stuff from the market.

What I don't understand was why so much of my data partition was being used up even though my apps were on the sd-ext partition. I know that dalvik etc is on the data partition but it did seem very high. Also, why would moving the app from sd-ext to FAT free up any space? And why does Google Play comlain about insufficient storage when there was plenty available?

Anyway, great ROM, keep up the good work.

Guest vladax10

Hi i have one off topic question,i recently buyed Telenor Touch Plus(this-http://www.evocentar.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/telenor_touch_plus_1.jpg) telenor branded what model,i am confused,does anybody know?i listened its vivacity,is it true? because i dont want to brick phone when download things from the forum(such as kernels,roms,scripts)..in fact do i search to download things for vivacity or not? thanks in advance

Guest Dazzozo

Hi i have one off topic question,i recently buyed Telenor Touch Plus(this-http://www.evocentar.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/telenor_touch_plus_1.jpg) telenor branded what model,i am confused,does anybody know?i listened its vivacity,is it true? because i dont want to brick phone when download things from the forum(such as kernels,roms,scripts)..in fact do i search to download things for vivacity or not? thanks in advance

It's a Vivacity, you are safe to follow the Vivacity instructions.

Edit: I would stay away from network unlocking the phone until we are certain in that regard, though.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Must admit, I do like the weather thing on the lockscreen but they really need to add one for GMail/E-Mail and Messages, they could make it selectable in the options whether it shows GMail or E-Mail.

Guest Josef Prusa

It's up!

Hi Dazz,

should the Vivacity kernel still be on the 19052012? Is it safe to flash over the new 27052012 SFII release?

Thanks