[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest misodoctakleidist

Has anybody else had a problem with grey (instead of blue) Wifi and 3G indicators on R7? At first I thought it was just cosmetic, but my phone seems to be having trouble syncing Google services.

Guest robt77

Hi.

I need help here.

I currently have the Fish & Chips ROM on my Vivacity but would like to put this ROM on. The thing is, I can't remember how I done it. I have tried booting into recovery with no luck. All I get is a FTM screen.

There is 88 pages here so I would be very grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Hi if you still haven't found it I found this the easiest set of instructions on how tor install Clock work Mod recovery can be found below

http://sanfranciscoandroid.co.uk/android/how-to-debrand-install-a-custom-rom-android-4-0-from-scratch-on-the-orange-san-francisco-ii-zte-crescent/

and then as CurtisAmdrodiSF2 said it is a case of just following the instructions on the first page

Guest TingTang

You'll need to find the thread with the flashing Clockworkmod Recovery tutorial, then use ADB to flash Clockwork mod then you're good to go! You can put your phone into Recovery mode and install this ROM from your SD card.

Sorry for being thick but I can not find a thread with a link that works to download ADB. :(

Guest TingTang

Well the guide seems great apart from one small problem, the link is dead for the OSFII drivers. A google search for it is useless as well. Sigh.

Guest AmbushReality

Well the guide seems great apart from one small problem, the link is dead for the OSFII drivers. A google search for it is useless as well. Sigh.

right, as you said you already had fnc, there is an easy method;) first you need this: http://db.tt/6zngTZLZ and this: http://www.mediafire.com/?dabcdiz3i05lxi9 :) these files both need to be on the sd. Install the recovery manager and give it root access. Then select flash cwm and choose the img file. Give it a minute and bobs your uncle;)

EDIT: in the recovery manager go to the tab on the far right and press install recovery :D

Edited by AmbushReality

Guest TingTang

right, as you said you already had fnc, there is an easy method;) first you need this: http://db.tt/6zngTZLZ and this: http://www.mediafire...dabcdiz3i05lxi9 :) these files both need to be on the sd. Install the recovery manager and give it root access. Then select flash cwm and choose the img file. Give it a minute and bobs your uncle;)

EDIT: in the recovery manager go to the tab on the far right and press install recovery :D

That was so easy. Thank you. Working perfectly. :D

Guest TingTang

I must be a right pain in the _____.

Now in CWM everytime I try to instal the kernal (using the Vivacity one form 1st page in this thread) it aborts. ROM flashed fine first time.

Problem solved. I was trying to instal the wrong thing. Idiot I am.

Anyway, ROM flashed and all is good.

Massive thanks to all who helped especially the OP and AmbushReality. :)

Edited by TingTang

Guest Liamness

FYI I've noticed that letting the wi-fi sleep when bluetooth on can cause stuff to mess up. Say if you're streaming audio over A2DP, then let the display go to sleep and you've enable wi-fi sleep, the audio may screw up. Only a reset will fix this, so for now if I'm playing music in the car or whatever, I just set wi-fi to stay on.

Guest windy_miller

I'm pretty sure you guys are just clocked too high. ICS can't handle overclocking to the stupid Gingerbread settings and it has more of a negative effect.

That would explain the crashing and battery life. It's nothing I'm experiencing so it's nothing in my control, frankly. I don't plan on looking in to it because I'm not convinced there's an issue. People just seem to be cutting their legs off because of a flesh wound instead of actually treating the problem.

I hadn't overclocked my phone.

I posted a message about a dodgy kernel wakelock a few pages back. Do you know what is causing that?

Guest Dazzozo

I hadn't overclocked my phone.

I posted a message about a dodgy kernel wakelock a few pages back. Do you know what is causing that?

Probably the dodgy kernel we have. People have been hacking away to get the Blade kernel somewhat decent for ages.

Guest NinjehKitteh

Has anyone tried a newer version of S-Voice on this yet?

I tried to install a version but pushing some files, adb told me I had no space left so I had to abandon :(

-Ninjeh.

Guest MadEye Moody

Has anyone tried a newer version of S-Voice on this yet?

I tried to install a version but pushing some files, adb told me I had no space left so I had to abandon :(

-Ninjeh.

u have to delete a few things to make space for it. I deleted the keyboard since I was using another when I had tried it a while back. I don't remember the apk's name

Guest techsolo

I have 19/05 running succesfully for several weeks on one phone. 29/5 crashed horribly last night on the other phone and now I flashed 04/6. Wifi works, bluetooth won't turn on. Camera back works but crashes when trying panorama and is still flaky, no front camera to find.

Guest J-a-y

Really? The name is identical to the one i have saved on my pc :) thats the drivers right?

An exe? With a completely different name? Very dodgy if you ask me!

Its definately the file that i used to unlock and install fnc with. Thats how i downloaded it.

Guest Dazzozo

Someone's just sent a donation and didn't give me their forum name so I can't add them to the OP.

:(

I'm going to add a message to my signature, brb...

Edit: There we go!

Edited by Dazzozo