[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Would it not be possible for a dev to create a ported/hacked version of Skype which will allow armv6 devices to video call?

Guest Dazzozo

Would it not be possible for a dev to create a ported/hacked version of Skype which will allow armv6 devices to video call?

Not sure, I'm not knowledgeable on the situation but if it could be done it would've probably been done already.

Guest MadEye Moody

Hi,

I still have a few issues with the WiFi.

BTW, I forgot to mention earlier that the WiFi connection that I'm trying to work it with is configured for static IP. DHCP connections seems to work ok.

Issue:

The WiFi connection is not getting established when static IP is configured. When I click on the connection, it asks me to connect, but clicking connect doesn't seem to do anything (except disconnect from a previously connected network).

Haven't tested the bluetooth yet, but seeing the posts, I can easily guess its working good. Have anyone tested using a BT headset and BT tethering?

Guest Dazzozo

Hi,

I still have a few issues with the WiFi.

BTW, I forgot to mention earlier that the WiFi connection that I'm trying to work it with is configured for static IP. DHCP connections seems to work ok.

Issue:

The WiFi connection is not getting established when static IP is configured. When I click on the connection, it asks me to connect, but clicking connect doesn't seem to do anything (except disconnect from a previously connected network).

Haven't tested the bluetooth yet, but seeing the posts, I can easily guess its working good. Have anyone tested using a BT headset and BT tethering?

I will probably just revert the wlan device setting. https://github.com/Dazzozo/android_device_zte_blade2/commit/489aaf59677ccbe93f36feb15a1fae4862d38731

I changed this twice between R7 and now, but it seems to be causing more problems than gains. If you're building yourself as per our PMs you can run:

git revert 9ff732aa867b36bbb7261e295e306f28967da294

git revert 2e6a7da16ed9d1f3962c729713648c237a8bba09

git revert 2ab86bc0a9de4d4f4f2963a2d63a9cc709446509

git revert 489aaf59677ccbe93f36feb15a1fae4862d38731

On the device repo at device/zte/blade2. I imagine I'll do this officially for the next build.

Guest MadEye Moody

Wow, just tested bluetooth headset and its working perfectly with calls (tried an outgoing call). I don't think my headset is capable of playing music, so couldn't test that (its a cheap Chinese single ear headset :P ).

Guest MadEye Moody

I will probably just revert the wlan device setting. https://github.com/D...a1fae4862d38731

I changed this twice between R7 and now, but it seems to be causing more problems than gains. If you're building yourself as per our PMs you can run:

git revert 9ff732aa867b36bbb7261e295e306f28967da294

git revert 2e6a7da16ed9d1f3962c729713648c237a8bba09

git revert 2ab86bc0a9de4d4f4f2963a2d63a9cc709446509

git revert 489aaf59677ccbe93f36feb15a1fae4862d38731

On the device repo at device/zte/blade2. I imagine I'll do this officially for the next build.

ok, thanks.

Since most people now don't use static IP, I don't think you need to revert the change in your build. I'll follow your instructions on downloading the repo and build it.

Will post the results when after the build (It will take a long time to download as I have a very slow connection).

Guest BLu3HaZe

Probably with a theme using the Theme Engine. I have no idea how you'd go about doing that, though. e.g: this

Thanks a lot Daz, exactly what I wanted but colour is wrong, will have to figure out how to change the whole thing to glowing cyan.

I'm fairly sure that can't be done.

Could be but not officially, and not a video call but rather a slideshow.. No point actually.

Not sure, I'm not knowledgeable on the situation but if it could be done it would've probably been done already.

That has already been done, there is a hacked version with video calls enabled but there were serious issues with it, I had it until I updated a few days back to the official version.

Can answer video calls but I'm not sure why, it says "Other party currently cannot send video" or something similar when you pick up. The front cam obviously isn't there in CM7 right now so no outgoing video to display, so technically it becomes a normal audio call with the exception of the whole Skype app getting stuck needing a FC to be done manually, though audio continues to work. Processor usage goes to 100% full time..

Unless the Skype app and video processing can be optimized, the power of the phone won't ever be enough as is.. And as Daz said, Skype surely won't bother about ARMv6 devices anymore as these are over in production, with even low end phones getting decent v7 1GHz processors.

Guest Dazzozo

Light sensor broken, don't work with this release too. Proximity sensor seem work only one time.

That has been totally unchanged. Are you actually calibrating the prox?

Guest app10336

I'm reverted to FNC for now. But Yes, calibrated from system menu and use Phone Tester to check it.

Value stay to "Waiting for data..." for light sensor

Edited by app10336

Guest Dazzozo

I'm reverted to FNC for now. But Yes, calibrated from system menu and use Phone Tester to check it.

Value stay to "Waiting for data..." for light sensor

I hate saying it but it's working for me.

Guest Sonuxis

Same here, it's working.

I've been testing the rom this whole afternoon too, great work Dazz :) The Bluetooth fix is really good too. I don't give a s**t about the front camera so take your time from now on :P

Edited by Sonuxis

Guest b4da55

Phone tester states waiting like you said but after conducting "proper" tests ie: putting it near my ear I can safely say proximity sensor is working fine, again great work

Guest Dazzozo

if you dont use BT that much is it worth upgrading to the newest release?

Everything else that's in the change log, there's quite a bit in this build actually.