[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 13/07]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Reider59

Come on Ambush, get with the script. If it was the first time I could understand but you tried the same attitude in the Fish n Chips Forum;

http://android.modac...6/page__st__680

Make a fresh start now and realise these folk are working hard for no pay and spoilt child syndrome attitudes just don`t help! How about we piss them all off and get no ROM support at all? Lets start again and post 176 is a bit better, at least you apologised......

Edited by Reider59

Guest Liamness

I was going to make a big sanctimonious post just now, but the I realised you probably didn't mean that post to come across like it did. Often the case on internet forums; when you can't see someone face to face, a layer of meaning is lost. Anyway; If you flash a ROM and find issues, report them and give as much pertinent information as you can. Not knowing what will and won't work is all part of the fun, for most of us at least, but I can understand if that's not your thing. If you want ICS without these issues, you can either keep watching the thread with your fingers crossed, or you can just buy a device that already comes with ICS.

Edited by Liamness

Guest Dazzozo

Sorry about the delay, not too long now!

Edit: Uploading as we speak.

Edit 2: Ladies and gentlemen, while you wait, I offer you proof.

5k7Ux.png

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest adroc

Congratulation man, and many many thanks for all the hard work ! I have been watching your progress in the last days , this was epic !

I'll try it as soon as possible :D

Guest welshrage

Downloads:<br style=color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(249, 250, 251); ">

<br style="color: rgb(75, 75, 75); font-family: Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(249, 250, 251); ">This post has been edited by Dazzozo: 08 April 2012 - 08:54 PM

is what i get when i go back to 1st post,even when reloading page

It isn't? Cached maybe?

Guest irishpancake

When this comes out is the Wi-Fi going to be working perfectly. because i dont want to flash a new ROM to find out that it doesnt work properly

get a life man....sheez

Guest misodoctakleidist

Amazing progress.

Will you be doing a new AOKP build too, or are you planning to hold off till you have the indicator working as well?

Guest Dazzozo

Amazing progress.

Will you be doing a new AOKP build too, or are you planning to hold off till you have the indicator working as well?

New AOKP build is on the way.

I'm pretty much open on the next priority for this. I was going to try tackling the cameras next as they seem to be the last component regarding broken hardware. I think GPS is also broken, can anyone confirm?

I really want to get the hardware sorted first.

Guest irishpancake

Dazzozo & support team...... fantastic....

I have been following this thread with bated breath....it's been like an epic Movie....

can't wait, my Missus's TMV is on it's way to me in Ireland...

so Network Unlocking, Rooting, Recovery, etc all to come.....then the ROM!!!!!

Will Mrs. Pancake get her hands on this TMV at all.......

maybe I'll give her my Sammy to play with...for about a month!!!!

Guest yealmboy

hi, firstly i would like to say what a fantastic job to you guys who have been involved with this rom,going off subject i wondered if anyone could tell me what to do in order to save my mac address from being deleted and being replaced with 112233445566 as thats what happened when i put the fnc rom on, i dont know if this happens when you put this rom on the reason i am asking this is because i'm new to everything and would be really grateful for any help.many thanks.

Guest Dazzozo

hi, firstly i would like to say what a fantastic job to you guys who have been involved with this rom,going off subject i wondered if anyone could tell me what to do in order to save my mac address from being deleted and being replaced with 112233445566 as thats what happened when i put the fnc rom on, i dont know if this happens when you put this rom on the reason i am asking this is because i'm new to everything and would be really grateful for any help.many thanks.

Like I said earlier... this didn't happen when you put FnC on, it happened when you unlocked your phone and didn't back up the MAC address. Unless you know what the MAC address was, or are willing to take a guess by assuming it'll be close to the Bluetooth MAC address, you're out of options.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

WELL DONE on getting the wireless working, i'll say it even if no-one else does!! :)

Cos I saw what a pain in the ass it was being lol

Guest Dazzozo

WELL DONE on getting the wireless working, i'll say it even if no-one else does!! :)

Cos I saw what a pain in the ass it was being lol

Indeed you did. Bravo, you managed to put up with my train of thought for several days. :lol:

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

You need to use the QPST suite for software to do a backup before you do ANYTHING to your phone (I have to say this was made clear in all the tutorials I've seen and the one I made), for any of the tutorials I would say : Don't rush into them, read them through one time before you even start to do anything to your phone, then follow them step by step with the phone in front of you.

The QPST routine is shown in this topic : http://android.modac...ost__p__1854210

• Download THIS file and install it.
  • Download the unlock.zip for your SFII or Vivacity. (WARNING: Using the WRONG unlock.zip will brick your phone completely)
  • Connect your phone to your computer and make sure you have USB Debugging turned on. (Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging)
  • Press and hold the Volume Down and power buttons together. This SHOULD bring you to a screen saying FTM. If your see Clockwork Mod you will have to load the stock ROM. (Instructions to Follow)
  • Make sure you installed QPST in the first step. Now in the Start menu find "QPST Configuration" Click on "Ports" and then the "Add Port" button.
  • Once that is added close Configuration and open "Software Download" from the start menu
  • Click "Backup" on the utility and choose where to save the "QCN" File
  • Make sure the file exists and is non-zero in file size before precedding - If not try the from step 6 again.
  • Unzip your Unlock.zip folder and run "download.exe"
  • If you are sure you want to Unlock your phone press "START!"
  • Sit and wait it out, Should take no more than two minutes until it is finished and Unlocked!
  • Go back to the "Software Download" utility and click the "Restore" Find the .qcn file you saved and restore it.
  • If it will not restore tick "Allow Phone/FILE ESN mismatch"
  • Remove your USB cable, pull the battery and insert your SIM of choice. Voila.
  • Your phone SHOULD boot into Clockwork Mod Recovery. If not follow the instuctions below.
  • If your phone is in Clockwork Mod follow instruction set 3.

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest Liamness

Terrific work. Bluetooth, wi-fi, brightness controls and GPS are all working for me. We now have an ICS rom suitable for everyday usage on our sub £100 phones, which is perhaps the definition of spoiled.

I will come back to nitpick tomorrow perhaps. ;)

Guest app10336

Yeepee, test done.

Wifi: Ok

Bluetooh: Ok

Light sensor: Work on reboot

Proximity sensor: Work after recalibrate.

All other things work before, still working.

Only One thinks not work: Camera. Really good work all. :)

Edited by app10336

Guest misodoctakleidist

I'm pretty much open on the next priority for this. I was going to try tackling the cameras next as they seem to be the last component regarding broken hardware. I think GPS is also broken, can anyone confirm?

I really want to get the hardware sorted first.

I think that's a good idea. Cosmetic issues aren't a big deal if the hardware works.

If I get time later I'll flash the new AOKP and test the GPS. I don't think I tried it last time.

Guest Dazzozo

Yeepee, test done.

Wifi: Ok

Bluetooh: Ok

Light sensor: Work on reboot

Proximity sensor: Work after recalibrate.

All other things work before, still working.

Only One thinks not work: Camera. Really good work all. :)

I'll try to improve the sensors once camera is out of the way.